2012-2013 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To hide his

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew. I hope one of you on the wait list gets my spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew as well. Good luck everyone!

So it's May 15 now, is it time to start getting unrealistically optimistic again?

Has anyone contacted the admissions office lately and know whether wait list people might be hearing back from them soon?? My blood pressure is most likely in the hypertension category from all this waiting

Has anyone contacted the admissions office lately and know whether wait list people might be hearing back from them soon?? My blood pressure is most likely in the hypertension category from all this waiting

I haven't rung up admissions; I'm just singing the blues on the waitlist wichu. To deal w/ the waiting, I have to continually remind myself that I'm going to die anyway. We're all really waiting for that.

Historically, it has been the first or second week of June when the first WL movement occurs. Sit tight.

Working on reapplications and working at a doc's office in the interim! And yourself?

Toiling away in the laboratory and reapplications :)

Might work on my tan and learn to levitate, too.

Members don't see this ad :)
This application process has fueled my binge-eating. I'm going to need to be a doctor to care for my obesity and diabetes.

I'll chime in, I called the admissions office and the lady said the bulk of the acceptances from the waitlist would be in mid June

Welp, looks like y'all are stuck with me and my incipient love handles until mid-June

edit: *might be stuck

Last edited:
I'll chime in, I called the admissions office and the lady said the bulk of the acceptances from the waitlist would be in mid June

I called the admissions office and was informed that the waitlist has already started moving-- also, if you check out the Class of 2017 facebook group, there are new members that have been invited as of this past week. The lady I spoke with wouldn't give me a timeframe for the bulk of acceptances though.

When did you call? I called yesterday and she didn't mention any acceptances at that time yet...maybe she didn't feel like telling me

When did you call? I called yesterday and she didn't mention any acceptances at that time yet...maybe she didn't feel like telling me

Called (incognito) on the same day you did and asked a lot of pointed questions, most of which she deflected with ease. Guess I slipped that one by though.

Looks like I need to get in the game and make a call. Anything anyone wants me to ask?

Looks like I need to get in the game and make a call. Anything anyone wants me to ask?

Maybe how the movement is gonna look like this year? As in if lots of people dropped their acceptances for the 15th? OOS vs IS movement?

Alright, alright. I'll see what I can sneak by 'em. Anyone else?! Speak now or forever hold your peace. Actually I'm calling on Tuesday morning so I guess you can chime in tomorrow or Monday as well.

p.s. Should I adopt a Russian accent?

Hey guys, I just spent about 5 minutes registering for a profile to ask you to stop ****posting. In case you don't know what that is, here're some great examples:

Welp, looks like y'all are stuck with me and my incipient love handles until mid-June

edit: *might be stuck

It's lonely in here

To hide his

You think any of this is remotely funny? Go back to Reddit, along with your gifs and unnecessary pictures. You guys seriously don't know how annoying it is to scroll every day through pages and pages of pure garbage. This isn't your diary. While there are some gems that I've found on these boards -- some excellent information on admissions that I wouldn't have found anywhere else, a lot of you suck. So stop that. I have quite a few of my friends who don't even come on here because of how annoying and pretentious a lot of you sound. The other day I saw a post on here where the person instead of saying "+1" or "Agreed" wrote "+100e-2". Anyone who's ever owned a calculator gets it. You're not special or interesting or funny or clever. Just pretentious. Good luck to everyone who deserves to get into medical schools, but if you have nothing valuable to add to this board, don't.
This will be my only post.

Hey guys, I just spent about 5 minutes registering for a profile to ask you to stop ****posting. In case you don't know what that is, here're some great examples:

You think any of this is remotely funny? Go back to Reddit, along with your gifs and unnecessary pictures. You guys seriously don't know how annoying it is to scroll every day through pages and pages of pure garbage. This isn't your diary. While there are some gems that I've found on these boards -- some excellent information on admissions that I wouldn't have found anywhere else, a lot of you suck. So stop that. I have quite a few of my friends who don't even come on here because of how annoying and pretentious a lot of you sound. The other day I saw a post on here where the person instead of saying "+1" or "Agreed" wrote "+100e-2". Anyone who's ever owned a calculator gets it. You're not special or interesting or funny or clever. Just pretentious. Good luck to everyone who deserves to get into medical schools, but if you have nothing valuable to add to this board, don't.

I wonder who he's talking about.

Last edited:
hey guys, i just spent about 5 minutes registering for a profile to ask you to stop ****posting. In case you don't know what that is, here're some great examples:

You think any of this is remotely funny? Go back to reddit, along with your gifs and unnecessary pictures. You guys seriously don't know how annoying it is to scroll every day through pages and pages of pure garbage. This isn't your diary. While there are some gems that i've found on these boards -- some excellent information on admissions that i wouldn't have found anywhere else, a lot of you suck. So stop that. I have quite a few of my friends who don't even come on here because of how annoying and pretentious a lot of you sound. The other day i saw a post on here where the person instead of saying "+1" or "agreed" wrote "+100e-2". Anyone who's ever owned a calculator gets it. You're not special or interesting or funny or clever. Just pretentious. Good luck to everyone who deserves to get into medical schools, but if you have nothing valuable to add to this board, don't.

+100e^-2

The only saving grace in your polemic is the last sentence. It's the Internet, dude. I know it's very serious business, but we're all gonna be okay.

Next time, you can be all "sinuous sausage, please stop posting gifs after days of non-action in the Colorado thread. I really only wanna know the stats of people who are waitlisted. Thanks." I'd probably respond favorably to that, like any sane person would. No idea why you threw SalemK in there, unless you were trying to temper your obvious ire towards me by spewing vitriol at random posters. Either way, lay off the charges of pretentiousness, because I've screenshotted your post to upload to reddit later as the paragon of pretentiousness.

And in all seriousness, g'luck getting into med school.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg

Last edited:

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread and you aren't owed a certain level of helpfulness out of an Internet forum. If it's such a hardship for you, cut SDN out of your daily habit. Now where's the down vote button!?

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread and you aren't owed a certain level of helpfulness out of an Internet forum. If it's such a hardship for you, cut SDN out of your daily habit. Now where's the down vote button!?

He's right that I've been an ass lately w/ my shenanigans--and I do apologize to the board if it's past bearing--but there are more efficacious ways to affect change than subtweeted invectives. Just ask nicely!

Has no one come off of the alternate list yet? Today could be the day... It has been a long weekend.

Alright, alright. I'll see what I can sneak by 'em. Anyone else?! Speak now or forever hold your peace. Actually I'm calling on Tuesday morning so I guess you can chime in tomorrow or Monday as well.

p.s. Should I adopt a Russian accent?

Were you able to call?

Last edited:
Well I just called the office right now and the lady said they would be sending out acceptances within the next week. Don't quote me on this but I got the feeling that previous acceptances have not been sent out
and I tried asking how the movement was going to look like this year and she didn't really give me a straight answer but she hinted at it being normal

Well I just called the office right now and the lady said they would be sending out acceptances within the next week. Don't quote me on this but I got the feeling that previous acceptances have not been sent out
and I tried asking how the movement was going to look like this year and she didn't really give me a straight answer but she hinted at it being normal
Thank you for this!

I got the feeling that previous acceptances have not been sent out

-Sourdoughllama

Maybe how the movement is gonna look like this year? As in if lots of people dropped their acceptances for the 15th? OOS vs IS movement?

I rang.

Normal movement, with the bulk of it in June. She did emphasize the fact that you can get the nod into August. She mentioned 2-3 times how there have been kids who snuck in only a couple days before class began, so "don't lose hope throughout the summer."

Also, she anticipated a 50/50 split on IS/OOS acceptances moving forward. She also wanted my name and thanked me for calling, which leads me to think they're still noting who's showing interest. So do what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.