2012-2013 University of Colorado Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officially rejected from the ole alma mater.. Feels bad man

Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected via email today. App 'received' 8/20. One of my favorite choices but slim hopes as an OOS. Best of luck everyone!

Just got a second rejection email... :laugh:

Does the second rejection email cancel the first one out? I'm pretty sure that's how double negatives work.

Does the second rejection email cancel the first one out? I'm pretty sure that's how double negatives work.

lol,same here. Maybe it takes three strikes to be out.

Hahaha thanks CU. I get it you don't want me. :smuggrin:

Sorry to hear about the rejections...at least the wait is over though.

Were these all pre-interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
hmmmm... does this mean they have filled all of their interview slots?

....sorry to be neurotic and try to rationalize trivial things, but that's what SDN is all about, right?

hmmmm... does this mean they have filled all of their interview slots?

....sorry to be neurotic and try to rationalize trivial things, but that's what SDN is all about, right?
I'm curious about this as well. I'm OOS pre-interview but did not get the rejection email. Not too sure what to make of it.

Interesting. Somebody said in here not too long ago that March 16th-31st is when most of the slots are filled, correct?

IS, interviewed in September and trying to gauge CU's process. I've managed to keep it in the back of my mind until all of my TX classmates matched last weekend.

Interesting. Somebody said in here not too long ago that March 16th-31st is when most of the slots are filled, correct?

IS, interviewed in September and trying to gauge CU's process. I've managed to keep it in the back of my mind until all of my TX classmates matched last weekend.

They usually don't notify interviewees until late march. Last year they rejected a group a little earlier, and then reject/waitlisted the rest on the LAST day possible. Be patient with CU.

just got accepted......interviewed back in november

Thanks a lot....I got an e-mail at about 5pm eastern time

Congrats! Guess I didn't get in this round... seems like they send out decisions the first week of every month?

Just got accepted via email (@5pm EST)!

UColorado is an absolute dream school for me but I also got into my state school which is significantly cheaper. I'm going to have a lot to think about in the next couple months!

Last edited:
Anyone that interviewed in January hear anything yet?

Just got a pre-interview rejection. Congrats and good luck to those of you who made it farther than I did!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Oh lalalaaaaaa, I'm so sorry.

No worries. I'll be there next year. :thumbup:

LingoLane, I remember you were at my interview day last year actually! I almost said hi but then thought it would be weird lol. Hope year one is going well for you. My friends in the class say you have a pretty great group this year.

Good luck to everyone else!

Received II on January 29 for tomorrow, February 15. Super excited! 31 MCAT, 4.0 IS, average ECs. This will be my first interview. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Received II on January 29 for tomorrow, February 15. Super excited! Top choice, for sure. 31 MCAT, 4.0 IS, average ECs. This will be my first interview. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Maybe I'll see you at Second Look!

CU's interview day was by far the most chill I've ever attended. So much so that when the Dean of Admissions was talking about whether Colorado was more or less liberal compared to the East Coast, he exclaimed, "Do y'all have legal weed on the East Coast?! Because we got that in Colorado!!"

Priceless.:luck::luck::luck:

I will be applying again. This will likely be my last shot though.

I've met a number of med students, including some at UCSOM, who applied three or more times. I hear there's going to be a new dean of admissions at Colorado this year, too, so maybe you've got even more reason to expect a different outcome from before. :xf:

Just a heads up guys,

My source tells me there are a crap ton of acceptances coming out from CU in the next couple of days. Good Luck to all!

From all interview days? (I interviewed in late January).

I love the mysterious 'sources'....and I think, in turn, those people enjoy giving us crazies little tidbits to analyze. That is very exciting news, though! Thanks for sharing..

I literally just heard that too. Exciting, nay, very exciting!

Just a heads up guys,

My source tells me there are a crap ton of acceptances coming out from CU in the next couple of days. Good Luck to all!

It was late February last year when the big wave of acceptances went out. I can't wait to meet everyone at second look! Good luck guys :)

Interesting how both of those tips are from 1-post accounts.

Initiating neuroticism round 761492.

Status
Not open for further replies.