2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was accepted today. The email was sent at 12:41 pm and I just checked my email now. This is my first acceptance and I will definitely be matriculating here. My stats are in MDapps.

I'm so excited to be a demon deacon!

Congratz, really happy for you! I've seen your posts around the forums and have been really pulling for you and other fellow waitlistees!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks everyone! I'm amazed by the feedback I've gotten from all of you. It is a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, definitely. I really hope I get to meet some of you at orientation in July! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone, particularly current students, share with me some of the better places to live in Winston-Salem for med students? I have 2 months to find a place to live!

I guess today's the last day for hoping to get off the waitlist. I assume there will be no withdraws after today if people are required to drop all but one acceptances.

I guess today's the last day for hoping to get off the waitlist. I assume there will be no withdraws after today if people are required to drop all but one acceptances.

Untrue. People could get in off the waitlist somewhere else in a few weeks and then drop their acceptance at Wake Forest.

Untrue. People could get in off the waitlist somewhere else in a few weeks and then drop their acceptance at Wake Forest.

Also just b/c people give up their spots today leaving open seats, doesn't mean Wake Forest is going to turn right around and send out acceptances the same day.

Those are very good points. Thanks so much. Waiting is no fun.

I withdrew from Wake but just received an admissions offer... Idk what to think

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious as to when the last person to get off the wait list was last year. Anyone know? Thanks

I'm curious as to when the last person to get off the wait list was last year. Anyone know? Thanks

granted this was many years ago, but my dad did not get off the waitlist until early July.

I want to go to this school so badly. I honestly feel like the anxiety of waiting has shaved years off of my life haha :eek:

Thanks. Definitely know what you mean. My under eye circles and fine line are getting scary. Only school wait listed so definitely having anxiety issues.

Based on SDN and the fact that Wake starts in mid July, I would say that if we don't hear back by 1st week of June, then we are unlikely to get in.

Based on SDN and the fact that Wake starts in mid July, I would say that if we don't hear back by 1st week of June, then we are unlikely to get in.

Yup, looks this way when looking at the last 2 years of Wake Forest threads.

granted this was many years ago, but my dad did not get off the waitlist until early July.

I want to go to this school so badly. I honestly feel like the anxiety of waiting has shaved years off of my life haha :eek:

Ugh, hope I don't have to wait that long!

Hey incoming WFUSM students!
I'm a 4th year at Wake, looking for a roomie this upcoming year. Great house, here's my listing: email me or PM me on the forums if you're interested!

413 Brent St. WFUSM student in class of 2014 looking for roommate. 2 blocks from WFUSM in Ardmore. 2 BR, 1 BA, New kitchen/bath, hardwoods, Large BR, W/D, dishwasher, fenced yard, basement/attic storage, entirely furnished except your BR. $500 + utilities. Pets negotiable. Contact [email protected] for pics or more info.

Congrats on all your acceptances!

Last person got off the wait list 5 days before orientation started for the class of 2016.

The schools at which I hold acceptances start well before that. If I'm going to get off the wait list, it needs to happen VERY soon. :/

Am I the only one who has been surprised by the apparent lack of waitlist movement so far? It seems like much less than previous years based on sdn posts..
Im lucky to already have an acceptance elsewhere, but would love the chance to be at Wake.

Am I the only one who has been surprised by the apparent lack of waitlist movement so far? It seems like much less than previous years based on sdn posts..
Im lucky to already have an acceptance elsewhere, but would love the chance to be at Wake.

I was thinking the same thing. You are lucky that you have an acceptance. I only have waitlist spots... Here's hoping that changes. :luck:

I am truly blessed to be choosing between two acceptances right now but I am really hoping Wake Forest comes through...

Just got accepted off the waitlist yesterday! I'm now a firm believer in the old adage "good things come when you least expect them!"

Me too! Accepted off the waitlist yesterday morning. I am so excited!

Congratulations! Look forward to meeting you and everyone else at orientation! Until then I'm gonna try and cram as much rest and relaxation as possible into these next 6 weeks:)

Congrats both of you! Were you notified by email? Did you send Letters of Interest or Intent?

I was notified via e-mail around noon. I had also sent two letters of interest, the first in November and the second a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.