2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are IIs still being given out at this point, or is the season pretty much over?

Think IIs are done at this point. All spots should be full and you may receive an II if someone cancels. However I think the last week of interviews is either this week or next (someone correct me if I am wrong). Therefore the window is nearing its close. Send a letter of interest if you haven't already. Might be too late, but might as well play all your cards now.

Members don't see this ad.

Think IIs are done at this point. All spots should be full and you may receive an II if someone cancels. However I think the last week of interviews is either this week or next (someone correct me if I am wrong). Therefore the window is nearing its close. Send a letter of interest if you haven't already. Might be too late, but might as well play all your cards now.

I've thought about writing an LOI, but I'm guessing it wouldn't do much at this point. Would prefer to stay in NC, but I should probably just be thankful for what I've got!

I've thought about writing an LOI, but I'm guessing it wouldn't do much at this point. Would prefer to stay in NC, but I should probably just be thankful for what I've got!

If you have the time right now I would just craft a quick LOI. It can't hurt you at this point and might be helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for you guys to get a packet with all the acceptance information after we accepted the admissions offer? I was accepted on 2/14, and I still haven't received an official packet with information on how to proceed.

How long did it take for you guys to get a packet with all the acceptance information after we accepted the admissions offer? I was accepted on 2/14, and I still haven't received an official packet with information on how to proceed.

I never received an official packet with acceptance information. All I got was the acceptance letter and then a confirmation that my payment had been received. Anyone else?

I never received an official packet with acceptance information. All I got was the acceptance letter and then a confirmation that my payment had been received. Anyone else?

I'm sorry for freaking anyone out with my comment. I actually called the admissions office and they said that they don't send out the packet (as an email) until later.

finally got rejection email preinterview post secondary. good luck to everyone still in the running

Has anyone heard anything about any more wait list movement? Or if there is another committee meeting coming up?

Has anyone heard anything about any more wait list movement? Or if there is another committee meeting coming up?

There is one next week. Believe its the last one, but you can call and check to confirm.

There was one last wednesday but decisions haven't been released yet. The grand majority of waitlist movement won't occur until May

Anyone else not able to get to the status page? Its been like this for a few days for me... Hope this is not a bad sign :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else not able to get to the status page? Its been like this for a few days for me... Hope this is not a bad sign :scared:

it's been like that for a couple weeks now. as someone mentioned, they are upgrading their computer system - not sure when to expect it to be back up though.

it's been like that for a couple weeks now. as someone mentioned, they are upgrading their computer system - not sure when to expect it to be back up though.

Ah, thanks!

I interviewed 3/7. Should I have a decision by now? How can I check if the applicant portal is still down?

I interviewed 3/7. Should I have a decision by now? How can I check if the applicant portal is still down?

You'll get an email when they've made a decision, so you should probably get an email Thursday or Friday if they are meeting tomorrow.

Does anyone know the last day to hold on to multiple acceptances at Wake Forest?

For some reason, I have the date of April 15th in my head.

Admissions Process
By the end of April, all applicants are notified of the action of the Committee on Admissions: acceptance, placement on the waiting list or rejection. Those on the waiting list are considered for vacancies as accepted applicants withdraw; this list is maintained until school begins. An applicant who is accepted is asked to respond in writing within two weeks. Upon acceptance of a medical application offer, a holding place fee must be submitted before the student becomes a member of the medical center team at Wake Forest Baptist. This fee, which is credited toward tuition, is refundable until May 1.

Did they meet yesterday? If so, should I get anxious every time my phone vibrates with a new email?

Darn it. Same here. Are they waitlisting pretty much everyone post interview at this point? Or are some people still getting accepted after their interview?

According to what they said at the interview, their class would not be filled until all interviews were complete and every applicant had been reviewed. Assuming that was in fact true, *someone* from the last week of interviews should have been accepted.

Are there any more committee meetings? How often do they look at the alternate list after all meetings are done?

accepted today by email. interviewed 3/20. best of luck to those waiting

accepted today by email. interviewed 3/20. best of luck to those waiting

Wow congrats. That's a quick turn around. They must have loved you. Did you feel like you absolutely killed the interview? Can you share your stats?

thanks. my interview went really well, i felt good about it. but it seemed that everyone who interviewed on my day felt that way. i'm in-state, 3.7/35

my best advice is to write the admissions committee a letter if you haven't, they seem to like those. i sent one

thanks. my interview went really well, i felt good about it. but it seemed that everyone who interviewed on my day felt that way. i'm in-state, 3.7/35

my best advice is to write the admissions committee a letter if you haven't, they seem to like those. i sent one

Who specifically did you send it to?

Did you guys send letters of interest via an attached pdf or word document? Or did you just send a normal email?

Did you guys send letters of interest via an attached pdf or word document? Or did you just send a normal email?

Most schools request PDFs. That's what I've been doing and haven't heard any complaints.

Addressed it to Dr. David Grier (he signed the alternate list letter) and sent it to Irene Tise as an attached PDF asking her to forward it to the AdCom.

Addressed it to Dr. David Grier (he signed the alternate list letter) and sent it to Irene Tise as an attached PDF asking her to forward it to the AdCom.

Does Irene Tise have her own email or was sending it to medadmit@wakehealth ok?

When is a good time to send a LOI after a waitlist? I don't think there are any more committee meetings, so will my file get looked at before May 15th? I have also read from past threads that those placed on alternate list late in the cycle have little chance of getting off. Can anyone offer insight into this, would be greatly appreciated?

Got the financial aid "offer" from Wake for full price of attendance in loans

"I ain't gonna be part of your system!"

Got the financial aid "offer" from Wake for full price of attendance in loans

"I ain't gonna be part of your system!"

Did they send you an email? Anyone else receive an offer?

Did they send you an email? Anyone else receive an offer?

Got an email about it. Makes me wonder where all the alleged merit scholarships went if people who are accepted to Hopkins (another poster, not me) aren't getting them...

Also got nothing but loans...

On an unrelated note, does Wake Forest care what classes I take my last term of undergrad? I.e. what if they all happen to be P/NP? I've taken all the requirements already....

Yeah I also received an "award" of loans lol.

Still probably going to attend this school, so it's not a big deal.

Got an email about it. Makes me wonder where all the alleged merit scholarships went if people who are accepted to Hopkins (another poster, not me) aren't getting them...

There is a list of the scholarships they offer somewhere out there...a lot of them are reserved for NC residents or students who are pursuing a particular specialty. I'm OOS and didn't indicate a specialty on my need access form...but I was still hopeful I might get something.

Are we sure the scholarship recipients don't get announced at a later date?

Status
Not open for further replies.