2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I actually got it to work on Chrome at my house. For some reason the library was blocking it.

yea chrome worked fine here.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm glad one of us e-mailed them about it! I guess the only thing for us to do is continue to wait...

When were you verified?

i was verified on the 28th.. my roommate wasn't verified until like 4 days later but she got her primary receipt email from them on 7/5 which is why i'm concerned. also, her MCAT score is almost 10 points lower than mine so there's no way it's based on numbers or something...

Hey guys! I talked to admissions office yesterday. I have been told that their first download from AMCAS experienced a lot of technical problems so they did not end up getting anywhere near all the primary apps from their first download. They only go back every 2 weeks for another download so its just a waiting game as of now! Hope this calms your nerves!

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone have stats on (# who receive secondary) : (# who receive ii)?

3.00c/3.14s/33 received secondary yesterday. Who has gotten/hasn't gotten the email is not based on numbers. I'm proof.

Does anybody else's status read, "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail." This kind of sounds like I didn't get a secondary.

3.00c/3.14s/33 received secondary yesterday. Who has gotten/hasn't gotten the email is not based on numbers. I'm proof.

Maybe, but your URM status may be playing a role as well.

MuAgonist: That does in fact mean you will not be getting a secondary. I wish you luck in the process though!

I got one with low stats and am super exicted/nervous!! This is my top choice but also a reach so trying to keep my expectations.

Last edited:
Ugghh my scores were loaded (not retaking) last Tuesday and still haven't received a secondary.

"Your AMCAS application is being placed on hold pending receipt of your MCAT scores. When the scores are received, your application will be evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status. Please note, that even if AMCAS has released the scores we may not get them loaded into our system for 2-3 weeks after they are released."

33 4.0 IS and I submitted yesterday. They have a weird screen. Sorry guys.

Members don't see this ad :)

that's fine, but not what i'm asking. i'm wondering how many people who receive the secondary are offered an interview invite (e.g., last year, 1000 received secondary, and 400 were interviewed). not extremely important, but curious what are my odds at this point.

Got the rejection status for this round as well, which is a little preplexing considering I interviewed here last round and am currently still on the wait list.... which seems to suggest that I'm competitive for the class of 2012 but not the class of 2013? Well then. Good luck all

that's fine, but not what i'm asking. i'm wondering how many people who receive the secondary are offered an interview invite (e.g., last year, 1000 received secondary, and 400 were interviewed). not extremely important, but curious what are my odds at this point.

Check page 2 of this thread. ;)

Check page 2 of this thread. ;)

i must be blind. i found people who were offered the secondary, but no stats from last year showing how many people total were offered secondaries vs. # of interview invites handed out.

Based on last year's thread,

7,400 primary applications submitted
2,450 secondary applications submitted
540 interviews
225 accepted
120 matriculated.

The message many of us have gotten means we made it to round 2.

3.65/30S/OOS

espagueti - This is the information you wanted, right? It was on page 1.

Maybe, but your URM status may be playing a role as well.

True, but I'm not sure they noticed my URM status while screening...? I mean, VCU screened me in even though I don't meet their 1 year of math (I only have 1 semester) requirement.

espagueti - This is the information you wanted, right? It was on page 1.

540/2450 is pretty damn good odds imo.

True, but I'm not sure they noticed my URM status while screening...? I mean, VCU screened me in even though I don't meet their 1 year of math (I only have 1 semester) requirement.

540/2450 is pretty damn good odds imo.

Yeah you got a good point, and you do have a solid mcat. Whatever it is, you seem to have what they want. Ride the wave and good luck.

looks like I got screened out, :( this was my hometown school, literally 10 minutes from home..so disappointing.

I was just going based on the status everyone seems to have.

3.43/3.33 32 OOS

I'm sure they'll update you if you're rejected or screened out.

I was screened in OOS 3.00c/3.14s/33.

I was just going based on the status everyone seems to have.

3.43/3.33 32 OOS

Yeah I just got the complete status and said they will email me. I'm in IS with stats way below avg <3.5 and <30 but very strong ec's and ties.

You got a complete status after turning in the secondary? Like saying that ur app was forwarded for review?

I am a bit curious why I have not yet received at least some contact from Wake. I have a 3.99/39R and I have received a secondary from 12/14 schools so far (other exception is UNC). Any suggestion as to why they haven't at least given me a status update?

I am a bit curious why I have not yet received at least some contact from Wake. I have a 3.99/39R and I have received a secondary from 12/14 schools so far (other exception is UNC). Any suggestion as to why they haven't at least given me a status update?

Same here man. I didn't get ANY contact from them, not even an email letting me know that they received my primary :/

Posted this already, but whatever. I talked to admissions a couple days ago and they said they had a huge problem with their first download from AMCAS so they didn't get nearly all of the early primary apps, including my own. We should be in the next download. They do a download every 2 weeks. Give it time

Same here man. I didn't get ANY contact from them, not even an email letting me know that they received my primary :/

Ohhhh man, it's gonna be nauseating seeing your avatar on EVERY school thread that I'm on

Posted this already, but whatever. I talked to admissions a couple days ago and they said they had a huge problem with their first download from AMCAS so they didn't get nearly all of the early primary apps, including my own. We should be in the next download. They do a download every 2 weeks. Give it time

Wow, that seems like a huge gap compared to other schools

Ohhhh man, it's gonna be nauseating seeing your avatar on EVERY school thread that I'm on

Edit: I totally miss read this post. I personally LOVE typicalindian's avatar

Last edited:
qft. GIFs should not be allowed as avatars.

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Has anyone been officially screened out? Meaning, gotten notification from WFU that they will not be sending you a secondary?

I haven't yet, but I expect it's only a matter of time. I have the same status that I believe implies rejection as well, based on this years and last years threads. They are probably focusing on updating the screened in people first, before they send out all their official rejections. Can't seem to catch a break :(

If your status says they will contact you by email it means you got screened out.

Yeah I mean if ur status says your gonna be emailed a secondary your gonna get one. I just meant based in last years thread if there was no hunt that you were getting a secondary it meant you were screened

Status
Not open for further replies.