2012-2013 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad one of us e-mailed them about it! I guess the only thing for us to do is continue to wait...

When were you verified?

i was verified on the 28th.. my roommate wasn't verified until like 4 days later but she got her primary receipt email from them on 7/5 which is why i'm concerned. also, her MCAT score is almost 10 points lower than mine so there's no way it's based on numbers or something...
 
Hey guys! I talked to admissions office yesterday. I have been told that their first download from AMCAS experienced a lot of technical problems so they did not end up getting anywhere near all the primary apps from their first download. They only go back every 2 weeks for another download so its just a waiting game as of now! Hope this calms your nerves!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody else's status read, "You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail." This kind of sounds like I didn't get a secondary.
 
Ugghh my scores were loaded (not retaking) last Tuesday and still haven't received a secondary.

"Your AMCAS application is being placed on hold pending receipt of your MCAT scores. When the scores are received, your application will be evaluated and you will be sent an e-mail notification of your status. Please note, that even if AMCAS has released the scores we may not get them loaded into our system for 2-3 weeks after they are released."
 
3.00c/3.14s/33 received secondary yesterday. Who has gotten/hasn't gotten the email is not based on numbers. I'm proof.

that's fine, but not what i'm asking. i'm wondering how many people who receive the secondary are offered an interview invite (e.g., last year, 1000 received secondary, and 400 were interviewed). not extremely important, but curious what are my odds at this point.
 
Got the rejection status for this round as well, which is a little preplexing considering I interviewed here last round and am currently still on the wait list.... which seems to suggest that I'm competitive for the class of 2012 but not the class of 2013? Well then. Good luck all
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
that's fine, but not what i'm asking. i'm wondering how many people who receive the secondary are offered an interview invite (e.g., last year, 1000 received secondary, and 400 were interviewed). not extremely important, but curious what are my odds at this point.

Check page 2 of this thread. 😉
 
Based on last year's thread,

7,400 primary applications submitted
2,450 secondary applications submitted
540 interviews
225 accepted
120 matriculated.

The message many of us have gotten means we made it to round 2.

3.65/30S/OOS

espagueti - This is the information you wanted, right? It was on page 1.
 
Maybe, but your URM status may be playing a role as well.

True, but I'm not sure they noticed my URM status while screening...? I mean, VCU screened me in even though I don't meet their 1 year of math (I only have 1 semester) requirement.

espagueti - This is the information you wanted, right? It was on page 1.

540/2450 is pretty damn good odds imo.
 
True, but I'm not sure they noticed my URM status while screening...? I mean, VCU screened me in even though I don't meet their 1 year of math (I only have 1 semester) requirement.



540/2450 is pretty damn good odds imo.

Yeah you got a good point, and you do have a solid mcat. Whatever it is, you seem to have what they want. Ride the wave and good luck.
 
I am a bit curious why I have not yet received at least some contact from Wake. I have a 3.99/39R and I have received a secondary from 12/14 schools so far (other exception is UNC). Any suggestion as to why they haven't at least given me a status update?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a bit curious why I have not yet received at least some contact from Wake. I have a 3.99/39R and I have received a secondary from 12/14 schools so far (other exception is UNC). Any suggestion as to why they haven't at least given me a status update?

Same here man. I didn't get ANY contact from them, not even an email letting me know that they received my primary :/
 
I am a bit curious why I have not yet received at least some contact from Wake. I have a 3.99/39R and I have received a secondary from 12/14 schools so far (other exception is UNC). Any suggestion as to why they haven't at least given me a status update?
Posted this already, but whatever. I talked to admissions a couple days ago and they said they had a huge problem with their first download from AMCAS so they didn't get nearly all of the early primary apps, including my own. We should be in the next download. They do a download every 2 weeks. Give it time
 
Posted this already, but whatever. I talked to admissions a couple days ago and they said they had a huge problem with their first download from AMCAS so they didn't get nearly all of the early primary apps, including my own. We should be in the next download. They do a download every 2 weeks. Give it time

Wow, that seems like a huge gap compared to other schools
 
qft. GIFs should not be allowed as avatars.


Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif
 
Has anyone been officially screened out? Meaning, gotten notification from WFU that they will not be sending you a secondary?
 
I haven't yet, but I expect it's only a matter of time. I have the same status that I believe implies rejection as well, based on this years and last years threads. They are probably focusing on updating the screened in people first, before they send out all their official rejections. Can't seem to catch a break 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I mean if ur status says your gonna be emailed a secondary your gonna get one. I just meant based in last years thread if there was no hunt that you were getting a secondary it meant you were screened
 
Status
Not open for further replies.