You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
II today! 3.8/38, submitted late August.
Does anyone know until when Wash U interviews? I scheduled my interview for early January - just want to get a feel for how many seats are left. Thanks!
Through early February if I'm remembering correctly.
So after being complete since July I randomly decided to check my status today and noticed that it said interview offer 12/4/12. No email update yet, but I can access the calendar and schedule an interview. Has this happened to anyone else?
This is very good to hear. 👍 I've been complete since September, and I'm getting REALLY nervous that I might not get an interview here... Does anyone know what the average time is between completion and acceptance??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
II today! 3.8/38, submitted late August.
Does anyone know until when Wash U interviews? I scheduled my interview for early January - just want to get a feel for how many seats are left. Thanks!
There are at least 200 offers of admission left. Don't worry. There is much action later in the season.
.
Last edited:
Everyone who has stayed in Olin Hall, do I need to bring any or all of the following:
1. Towels
2. Pillow
3. Blankets
???
1. Towels
2. Pillow
3. Blankets
???
Everyone who has stayed in Olin Hall, do I need to bring any or all of the following:
1. Towels
2. Pillow
3. Blankets
???
The website says:
Each guest room in Olin is provided with towels, bed linens, pillows and an alarm clock. Shared bathroom facilities are located on each floor. There are no telephones in guest rooms.
I was just looking it up myself, maybe I will see you at the interview 😛
+1
Thanks for this info- nice of them to provide these. Anybody on here interviewing Tues?
Thanks for this info- nice of them to provide these. Anybody on here interviewing Tues?
+1
Thanks for this info- nice of them to provide these. Anybody on here interviewing Tues?
I'm interviewing Tuesday! I really hope Tots isn't. Who wants to be compared to that guy?? 🙄
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing Tuesday! I really hope Tots isn't. Who wants to be compared to that guy?? 🙄
Pft, if you are interviewing then I am sure you have nothing to worry about. That being said, I will not be there Tuesday. 🙁
Thanks Tots!
Great- see you there JBob! Tots, I"m sorry I won't have the pleasure of meeting you! I'm sure you'll rock your interview though, whenever it is!I'm interviewing Tuesday! I really hope Tots isn't. Who wants to be compared to that guy?? 🙄
Kind of wondering why I haven't been rejected yet...
I don't think they send rejections till like march.
I don't think they send rejections till like march.
There were people early on in the cycle (Aug/Sept I think) saying they had received rejections.
There were people early on in the cycle (Aug/Sept I think) saying they had received rejections.
Not on this thread 😕
Post 164
Bah.. If he was asking about MSTP.. then sure... otherwise, no.
WashU exceeded my expectations by a mile. I liked it a lot...a lot a lot.
Not on this thread 😕
Bah.. If he was asking about MSTP.. then sure... otherwise, no.
pfaction is the poster. It's a couple of posts before the mstp one.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
pfaction is the poster. It's a couple of posts before the mstp one.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
post stalk him... not that I do that or anything.....😏
post stalk him... not that I do that or anything.....😏
I looked it up this morning on my laptop to be sure I wasn't crazy and imagining things. I'm on my phone now and it's more difficult to track down posts.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
I looked it up this morning on my laptop to be sure I wasn't crazy and imagining things. I'm on my phone now and it's more difficult to track down posts.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
pfaction is applying MD/PhD / MSTP.
(I didn't look until questioned since I remembered the name from the Columbia thread.)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I promise that the MD program doesn't reject ANYONE until March. The MSTP is different. They start rejected as soon as they start the season.
I'm glad people have been having good interview experiences. As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the pre-clinical years or taking a research year off. Clinical stuff, I haven't done, but I can tell you how it works.
I'm glad people have been having good interview experiences. As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the pre-clinical years or taking a research year off. Clinical stuff, I haven't done, but I can tell you how it works.
pfaction is applying MD/PhD / MSTP.
(I didn't look until questioned since I remembered the name from the Columbia thread.)
Did not know. Thanks.
Whatever sliver of hope I had is now gone.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile
Couldn't agree more. Fantastic facilities (especially the children's hospital), faculty, and students. A great experience.WashU exceeded my expectations by a mile. I liked it a lot...a lot a lot.
I promise that the MD program doesn't reject ANYONE until March. The MSTP is different. They start rejected as soon as they start the season.
I'm glad people have been having good interview experiences. As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about the pre-clinical years or taking a research year off. Clinical stuff, I haven't done, but I can tell you how it works.
Just received an II! complete 8/20, so hope definitely isn't lost for those of you who have been complete for a while!
Congrats!! That's awesome! 👍 I saw above where you said WashU does interviews through Feb., but any idea how long they'll continue to send invites?? What dates were available when you got your invite yesterday????
Ps: mind sharing your stats?? If not, I completely understand!
Congrats!! That's awesome! 👍 I saw above where you said WashU does interviews through Feb., but any idea how long they'll continue to send invites?? What dates were available when you got your invite yesterday????
Ps: mind sharing your stats?? If not, I completely understand!
thanks! 3.95/36s, senior @ an ivy right now. there were dates from january 7 through january 25, 2-3 per week.
thanks! 3.95/36s, senior @ an ivy right now. there were dates from january 7 through january 25, 2-3 per week.
Awesome! Very similar stats to mine, but I'm at a state school 😳 Lol.. Hopefully I still have some hope! I visited WashU last summer and it was amazing!

Got the call today!! I can hardly believe it, so surreal
Congrats! When did you interview?
Congrats! When did you interview?
Thanks, 10/22
Guys, so its only 1 interview? Why do I only see one name? I thought it is meant to be two?
Guys, so its only 1 interview? Why do I only see one name? I thought it is meant to be two?
Some people have one interview, some have two (one regular one and one shorter one). They give a fraction of people the second shorter interview as a way to standardize their interview process. They supposedly select randomly the students who get a second interview.
Guys, so its only 1 interview? Why do I only see one name? I thought it is meant to be two?
I only had one. I much prefer having multiple interviews... but ehh. Some people on my interview day had two; they told us the second interviewer was new and being evaluated.
Okay sure, as long as this isn't abnormal treatment that's fine with me.
Also- did anyone take the train to the school from the airport? How was this, the directions they provide for how this works seem a little vague to me.
Also- did anyone take the train to the school from the airport? How was this, the directions they provide for how this works seem a little vague to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay sure, as long as this isn't abnormal treatment that's fine with me.
Also- did anyone take the train to the school from the airport? How was this, the directions they provide for how this works seem a little vague to me.
Yeah, I took the train from the school to the airport. It's ridiculously simple. From the airport, there's only one MetroLink train you can get on. Just buy a ticket and validate it in one of the machines on the platform before you board. Then just get off at Central West End, and you are a 5-10 minute walk to Olin Hall.
Here's a link to a map of the MetroLink system, if you're curious.
Also- did anyone take the train to the school from the airport? How was this, the directions they provide for how this works seem a little vague to me.
Yup, it's actually quite cheap and simple. MetroLink is great! The machines for tickets even take cards. You can use their website or Google maps to plan out your trip. Some people think it's shady but I felt perfectly comfortable even in the late afternoon after dark.
Best of luck with your interview! WUSTL is... impressive.
Accepted via status update! 😀 I can't believe it.
CONGRATULATIONS!
When was your interview?
And do you go to the Application Status tab on the application portal?
Accepted! 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 943
- Views
- 367K