2012-2013 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I ask where you found this info?

A while back in this thread a med student explained the pattern of acceptances and it seems to have been established through reports of acceptances by SDNers. Though, who knows how strictly the adcom adheres to this at this late juncture. The med student also stated that all interviewees that have not been accepted are reviewed again at each meeting until final decisions (A, R or WL) sometime in March. You can scroll back and find that post back in November I believe. I am also still waiting to hear after a mid-November interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite! Complete in August - thought they had already passed me over. There are no available dates on the calendar though?
 
Just received a cryptic email from my interviewer that simply says, "Congratulations, ______!" Maybe acceptances are going out tonight? Fingers crossed!
 
Correct - 10/16 interview. Not comfortable sharing who I interviewed with without their permission.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! stats? also, did you get a status update online? (my friend is on the edge of her seat! lol)


trust me, we are all on the edges of our seats....This waiting game can be really frustrating.

Wash U is a top school for me, but I can't stress myself over notification. Thankfully, I have been accepted in another school and I am confident that I will be an outstanding physician wherever I go.

Good luck to everyone, which also includes me perhaps!
 
Accepted! No status update, but the WUMSApply page immediately redirected me to pay my deposit upon login.
 
Could any of the current students (or more knowledgable pre-meds) comment on what a typical schedule is like? I tried to find a breakdown online but was unsuccessful.
 
Could any of the current students (or more knowledgable pre-meds) comment on what a typical schedule is like? I tried to find a breakdown online but was unsuccessful.

In academic year 2008-09, total first-year class hours were 726.5, second-year class hours were 612.5.

View calendars here (you have to import them in google calendar or ical, etc.):
First Year:
http://medstudents.wustl.edu/medstudents/curric/schedule.nsf/Yr1/calendar.ics
Second Year:
http://medstudents.wustl.edu/medstudents/curric/schedule.nsf/Yr2/calendar.ics

Nomenclature:
Se: selective - you choose 4-6 to take during first year
LE: lecture
Pa: patient contact time in the hospitals for clinical skills development, usually scheduled at your own preference with your clinical mentor. There's just time blocked off in the schedule to account for number of hours expected.
SG: small group
Re: review
Qu: quiz
Lab: lab
 
In academic year 2008-09, total first-year class hours were 726.5, second-year class hours were 612.5.

View calendars here (you have to import them in google calendar or ical, etc.):
First Year:
http://medstudents.wustl.edu/medstudents/curric/schedule.nsf/Yr1/calendar.ics
Second Year:
http://medstudents.wustl.edu/medstudents/curric/schedule.nsf/Yr2/calendar.ics

Nomenclature:
Se: selective - you choose 4-6 to take during first year
LE: lecture
Pa: patient contact time in the hospitals for clinical skills development, usually scheduled at your own preference with your clinical mentor. There's just time blocked off in the schedule to account for number of hours expected.
SG: small group
Re: review
Qu: quiz
Lab: lab
Thank you!!
 
Wow, so quick! Congrats!!
Did u apply for MSTP? I heard MSTP gives quick response.

No, Regular MD. I interviewed with the Assistant Dean of Admissions so that might helped with the quick response. However, just a speculation!
 
Just received an interview invite! Thought I wouldn't hear from any school this late in the cycle.

There is still hope!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how wash u feels about LOIs post-interview? I interviewed in early November but haven't heard anything yet...
 
Does anyone know how wash u feels about LOIs post-interview? I interviewed in early November but haven't heard anything yet...

elevenses has awesome stats and was just accepted after a mid-october interview! they're probably actively reviewing people from the whole spectrum of interview days now, so maybe you'll hear after their next meeting! 😀 :luck: hang in there!
 
elevenses has awesome stats and was just accepted after a mid-october interview! they're probably actively reviewing people from the whole spectrum of interview days now, so maybe you'll hear after their next meeting! 😀 :luck: hang in there!

🙂thanks!! Unfortunately I don't have awesome stats haha I just hope my interview somehow pushed me over...I just wonder if a LOI would be at all valuable! bahhhh this process needs to be finished soon!
 
Can any current students comment about how the merit scholarship selection process works? I see that a few applicants this cycle have already received full-tuition scholarships, but I see on the website that most of the scholarships are supposed to be assigned in early May. I suppose I am sort of hoping that we accepted students won't actually have to wait that long to find out if we have been selected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.