-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Boston University Application Thread
Started by JJMrK
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I called earlier and the woman who answered was not helpful AT ALL.
Me: "Hi, I interviewed in the first round, and I was wondering if you could tell me a ballpark of when we'll hear back?"
Her:"we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me:"oh ok, so should I just assume mid-January is when we'll hear like the email said?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "okay...so does this mean decisions could potentially be out later than mid-January"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "Ohhh....kayyy...so is there anything you can tell me?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: 😕 Bye.
Me: "Hi, I interviewed in the first round, and I was wondering if you could tell me a ballpark of when we'll hear back?"
Her:"we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me:"oh ok, so should I just assume mid-January is when we'll hear like the email said?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "okay...so does this mean decisions could potentially be out later than mid-January"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "Ohhh....kayyy...so is there anything you can tell me?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: 😕 Bye.
I called earlier and the woman who answered was not helpful AT ALL.
Me: "Hi, I interviewed in the first round, and I was wondering if you could tell me a ballpark of when we'll hear back?"
Her:"we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me:"oh ok, so should I just assume mid-January is when we'll hear like the email said?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "okay...so does this mean decisions could potentially be out later than mid-January"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: "Ohhh....kayyy...so is there anything you can tell me?"
Her: "we don't know when decisions will be out"
Me: 😕 Bye.
did she seriously say the same line 4 times??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She honestly did lol. Idk if too many people have been calling to ask that so she was annoyed or if she's just having a bad day. I think the last time she may have added a few more words but they were insignificant.
She honestly did lol. Idk if too many people have been calling to ask that so she was annoyed or if she's just having a bad day. I think the last time she may have added a few more words but they were insignificant.
In my experience, most schools are like this. I think it has to do with the fact that the secretary people who take these phone calls actually don't really know this info and probably just get irritated because lots of applicants call them all the time asking when decisions will be out.
In my experience, most schools are like this. I think it has to do with the fact that the secretary people who take these phone calls actually don't really know this info and probably just get irritated because lots of applicants call them all the time asking when decisions will be out.
Either they don't know or they aren't allowed to tell. In either case they've probably been given a party line and have to stick to it. As someone who has to stonewall people sometimes for my job, nothing is going to make me break my line if my boss doesn't want me to. Yes, it's aggravating to be on the other side of it, but it's just someone doing their job.
Who did everyone interview with? I had Dr. Connors
Not to be rude, but why does it matter? Decisions haven't even been made yet.Who did everyone interview with? I had Dr. Connors
Cancelled my interview for BU today 🙁. Had to choose between paying for a flight for here or TX for Baylor and after much deliberation I chose Baylor.
Hopefully my spot goes to someone else waiting!
Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions!
Hopefully my spot goes to someone else waiting!
Good luck to everyone waiting on decisions!
Here are the dates of the first January acceptances from the past 5 years:
Jan 7 2009
Jan 7 2010
Jan 5 2011
Jan 4 2012
Jan 11 2013
Seems like many people get a call the first day, but they keep coming for a couple days after as well with an official email to follow a few days later.
Jan 7 2009
Jan 7 2010
Jan 5 2011
Jan 4 2012
Jan 11 2013
Seems like many people get a call the first day, but they keep coming for a couple days after as well with an official email to follow a few days later.
I was told decisions would be made on January 15th via email. Either it would be accept/deferred until March 15th/and I can't remember if they were going to reject or not. Any mention of calls made to accepted applicants was not discussed during my interview day but then again, it wasn't discussed at MSUCHM either but I got a call there.
Last edited:
Accepted!
I got a call from my interviewer which I missed because I was on a plane. Got a nice memento voicemail now. I also got an unofficial email from my interviewer wishing me congratulations. They said an official letter would be sent on Friday.
I interviewed 10/16.
Good luck everyone!
I got a call from my interviewer which I missed because I was on a plane. Got a nice memento voicemail now. I also got an unofficial email from my interviewer wishing me congratulations. They said an official letter would be sent on Friday.
I interviewed 10/16.
Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted!
I got a call from my interviewer which I missed because I was on a plane. Got a nice memento voicemail now. I also got an unofficial email from my interviewer wishing me congratulations. They said an official letter would be sent on Friday.
I interviewed 10/16.
Good luck everyone!
Congrats and ditto!
I also received a phone call from my interviewer and received the same info.
Congrats!!!
Looks like they've started to notify people. Now I'm hoping to receive a call too. 🙂
I was just coming in here to vent about how I got a call from a 617 number and panicked, but then I got so disappointed when it wasn't BU and then I see they actually are making calls today. Now it makes it so much worse. I can't.
Congrats to you guys who got a call though and thanks for sharing!
Congrats to you guys who got a call though and thanks for sharing!
Last edited:
Ugh I haven't received an email or call yet so I guess I'll have to wait till March.
Congrats to all who've gotten accepted!
Knowing academics and their schedules it's way too soon to say that if you didn't get a call today, you won't hear until March.
Maybe if people had received official emails but it seems like so far it's only direct contact from interviewers, no any official word from the school.
This is optimistic. I'm buying into it. Here's to hoping you all have the same interviewer who just jumped the gun. ;-)Knowing academics and their schedules it's way too soon to say that if you didn't get a call today, you won't hear until March.
Maybe if people had received official emails but it seems like so far it's only direct contact from interviewers, no any official word from the school.
Just browsed through last year's thread and there were acceptances given out via snail mail/email/phone call all the way up to 2 days after the initial acceptance on SDN. I just we'll just have the wait and see.
Good to know! Not that this won't stop me from obsessively checking my phone of course.
Just got the call! Accepted! Interviewed 10/21
Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed right before Thanksgiving. No update on the portal yet.
Accepted!
I got a call from my interviewer which I missed because I was on a plane. Got a nice memento voicemail now. I also got an unofficial email from my interviewer wishing me congratulations. They said an official letter would be sent on Friday.
I interviewed 10/16.
Good luck everyone!
Congrats and ditto!
I also received a phone call from my interviewer and received the same info.
Accepted! Got a phone call from my interviewer (Dr. Witzburg) around noontime.
Interviewed on 10/28. Good luck to everyone!
Just got voicemail that I was accepted! Good luck to those waiting!
Just got the call! Accepted! Interviewed 10/21
Just got the acceptance call! Interviewed right before Thanksgiving. No update on the portal yet.
Grats all!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's not too late! 🙂![]()
Grats all!
Congrats to those who have been accepted! Any of you interview with Dr. Holick?
II just now, complete in late October!
Did anyone have an older pathologist for their interview that received a call/email? I forget his name
I think that was also my interviewer, his name was Dr. Berman. I have not received a call or email so hopefully he hasn't contacted anyone yet.
I'm interviewing here soon. I was just looking over the website, and it states on the sample agenda:
What do they mean, open discussion? Are the interviews 1 on 1?
- 9:15am-10:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
- 10:15am-11:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
What do they mean, open discussion? Are the interviews 1 on 1?
Yes that's what his name was! I hope he hasn't either. Keeping my fingers crossedI think that was also my interviewer, his name was Dr. Berman. I have not received a call or email so hopefully he hasn't contacted anyone yet.
I had this same interviewer. I still havent heard anything. BTW what did you think of this guy?Did anyone have an older pathologist for their interview that received a call/email? I forget his name
I'm interviewing here soon. I was just looking over the website, and it states on the sample agenda:
- 9:15am-10:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
What do they mean, open discussion? Are the interviews 1 on 1?
- 10:15am-11:00am Open Discussion with Faculty Member or Interview
They split up the entire group so that at any given time you are either in your interview or in the discussion session with ~10-15 other students and the faculty member (faculty talks about experiences and students can ask questions about BUMC, specialties, BUMS, life, etc). But yes the interviews are entirely 1 on 1 and it was one of the funnest I've had.
I interviewed with Dr. Berman and just got a call from him saying I was accepted!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also was just accepted by Dr. Berman.I interviewed with Dr. Berman and just got a call from him saying I was accepted!
I also was just accepted by Dr. Berman.
Haha that was quick! Congrats!!!
I am so anxious right now but I still haven't heard anyone who has had my interviewer, Dr. Connors.
Anyone interview with a pathologist? Feel free to PM if you'd like to protect your account identity.
Has anyone heard back from Dr. James?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K