2013-2014 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question about LOI--who do you send those to and is it usually an Email?

The GW Secondary application has a space for "updates" thats where you put it! However, I would suggest waiting at least a month after you have been on pre-interview hold since it is still so early in the cycle
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary on July 2nd but haven't gotten the email that says my file is complete 🙁 I sent in the letters of recommendation a while back so I am not sure what the problem is!

Is anyone else in the same boat?
 
If someone is above the 90th percentile of both accepted MCAT and accepted GPA according to MSAR, can he or she be put on hold for fear that they may not attend? :/ I'm not saying that this is what happened to me, but I am genuinely interested in GW and spent a lot of time on their essays. Trying to figure out why I was put on hold.
 
If someone is above the 90th percentile of both accepted MCAT and accepted GPA according to MSAR, can he or she be put on hold for fear that they may not attend? :/ I'm not saying that this is what happened to me, but I am genuinely interested in GW and spent a lot of time on their essays. Trying to figure out why I was put on hold.

No one other than the admission committee can answer this question. Maybe they didn't like your EC. Maybe they didnt think you showed enough passion about GW. Maybe they though you were too smart for GW. Maybe they thought your grammar skills in the essay sucked........

I know it sucks man. I'm on hold also.
 
If someone is above the 90th percentile of both accepted MCAT and accepted GPA according to MSAR, can he or she be put on hold for fear that they may not attend? :/ I'm not saying that this is what happened to me, but I am genuinely interested in GW and spent a lot of time on their essays. Trying to figure out why I was put on hold.

Yeah GW feels like a crapshoot. That's what happens when 11,000 people apply I guess
 
Got an interview! how long should i wait to confirm?... Im leaving in an hour on vacation and wont be back for a week lol.
 
Got an interview! how long should i wait to confirm?... Im leaving in an hour on vacation and wont be back for a week lol.

Congrats! I confirmed ASAP, I would suggest confirming before you go on vacation haha. But have fun!
 
The only information on student hosts I've found has been that GW doesn't have any. These were on non-official websites, but I can't find any evidence through the GWU SMHS site of a host program existing. So as far as I can tell, it's a no 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice. Still hoping for something here. App is still on 'complete' after submitting on last Wednesday - hoping it stays that way. 👍
 
hey guys,

so regarding the status "on-hold" What exactly does this mean??

They reviewed the file and don't want to extend an invitation to interview at this time. Beyond that, who knows. It's not a deal breaker, but it's obviously not the best status to have.
 
My last LOR writer submitted Sunday night and I'm *finally* complete. Does anyone know how often they do interview invites? :xf:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do I have to mail the Dean's Certification Form? Can I use fax? I have one institute overseas and it's just a huge pain to mail it back and forth. I don't even think that institute will be willing to use express delivery and I don't know how to pay them to do so...
 
Do I have to mail the Dean's Certification Form? Can I use fax? I have one institute overseas and it's just a huge pain to mail it back and forth. I don't even think that institute will be willing to use express delivery and I don't know how to pay them to do so...
What certification form? I didn't see anything about this when I submitted the secondary 🙁
 
I'm still hanging onto my "complete" status....did anyone get sent to re-review who submitted after July 6th?
 
Been on hold for 2 weeks now. I sent my second science LOR 2 days ago and gave them an update, but my status hasn't changed.
 
Got an interview!

Complete 7/9

Just today? I'm trying to get an idea how often they send out invites, 🙂. Submitted awhile back, but they just received my last letter Monday and I've had the complete status since. In doing the secondary, I really got interested and am seriously hoping for an interview, haha.
 
Just today? I'm trying to get an idea how often they send out invites, 🙂. Submitted awhile back, but they just received my last letter Monday and I've had the complete status since. In doing the secondary, I really got interested and am seriously hoping for an interview, haha.

Yup, today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted my secondary on July 2nd
Letters were received and verified July 9th
Put on Hold on July 16th

stats: 3.76c 3.67s 32
 
I submitted on the 8th but just finally got my last letter uploaded. Anyone know how long it took before being complete?