Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What kind of response? I sent in an update Friday.I received a response from an update I sent this morning, so I think they are working in admissions today! Fingers crossed for a phone call tonight!!!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What kind of response? I sent in an update Friday.I received a response from an update I sent this morning, so I think they are working in admissions today! Fingers crossed for a phone call tonight!!!
Just "Thanks, we will add this to your file"What kind of response? I sent in an update Friday.
Tonight's the night. I'm nervous. Coming off three straight wait lists at other schools and a kind of meh interview here where the interviewer asked me a few borderline inappropriate religious questions... Can't help but feel pessimistic. I loved this school. 🙁
When do the calls typically go out? Post-7 pm?
Via email or on the status update page? I just got a "update letter submitted" auto-added to my status page. Hopefully they saw it today...Just "Thanks, we will add this to your file"
Thanks!First of all, good luck! I'm already nervous to be in your shoes and I haven't even interviewed yet.
I'm curious though - can you expand a little on your remark about the inappropriate religious questions?
I'm neurotic. What is a little while ago??got a call a little while ago. accepted to class of 2018!!!
I'm neurotic. What is a little while ago??
Also congrats!!
Don't start freaking out yet! I got the call more than an hour after they started, so there is still time for you to get in. Good luck!Calls started 40 minutes ago. I'm not getting in.
🙁
I'm with you man.So when should I start freaking out...
So at my interview they told me that they would mail me a letter (was hopefully b waiting for a call though). How come they choose to call some people and mail others?
I got one Sunday night, which would have been before the adcom meeting. I think it was initiated by a different school.For those accepted here, did you receive a certiphi request?
First, TB!!!! Long time!For those accepted here, did you receive a certiphi request?
I remember we had to go outside to get from into the hospital, but we were only outside for a few seconds. It was actually raining/snowing on my interview day so we just ran to get inside quickly. And you may need to go outside to get to your actual interview, if the office of your interviewer is in the hospital.Hey everyone! For the tour on interview day, is any of it outside? I want to be prepared for the bitter cold tomorrow if need be! Thanks yall 🙂
You didn't take the tunnel??I remember we had to go outside to get from into the hospital, but we were only outside for a few seconds. It was actually raining/snowing on my interview day so we just ran to get inside quickly. And you may need to go outside to get to your actual interview, if the office of your interviewer is in the hospital.
No I didn't even know there was a tunnel lol, now I wonder why our tour guide led us outside.You didn't take the tunnel??
Mmedran! Long time in deed. 🙂 thanks for the reply! Submitted mine today as well. Definitely sinking in more now that I'm actually going to medical school.First, TB!!!! Long time!
Second, I rec'd and submitted mine today. Makes this whole matriculation thing kinda real doesn't it?!
No I didn't even know there was a tunnel lol, now I wonder why our tour guide led us outside.
Ha that must have been it! Luckily I'm from the area so I'm used to snow in October, but the applicants from warmer climates did seem shocked lol.It's a test to see if you can handle the weather. 🙂
Mmedran! Long time in deed. 🙂 thanks for the reply! Submitted mine today as well. Definitely sinking in more now that I'm actually going to medical school.
There's a Class of 2018 FB group?!Btw are you apart of the "Class of 2018" FB group yet?!
42does anyone know how many interview invites remain at this point? or when the next ones are going out?
How do you know? Is there any hold movement?
How do you know? Is there any hold movement?
Should I be concerned if I haven't received my financial aid packet but was accepted in October? I'm a smidge paranoid they didn't receive the form we were supposed to mail back. I did get the certiphi request though that could have been for another school.
I was also accepted back in October and have yet to receive the financial aid packet. I became a little paranoid that they hadn't received my confirmation and I called admissions... Lo and behold they hadn't so I gave a verbal commitment. Don't worry, only you can give away your spot.
Just got the packet today! False alarm I guess lol
It's just instructions and requirements like FAFSA and parental income info. I imagine offers can't be made until financial need is assessed...I haven't gotten an aid packet. I was accepted in November. Just curious, what's in it? Offers of institutional aid or just explanations of how to apply for loans?
Can anyone comment on how big of a focus religion will be on interview day? I know the school has a strong Jesuit/Catholic heritage but I don't know much more than that. Will they ask me questions about my religious beliefs during the interview?
Pretty sure they can't ask you about that but nonetheless, it was not a factor at all. Also, coming from Loyola ugrad, I can tell you the religious/spiritual parts were optional--nothing is ever pushed on you, but always available 🙂Can anyone comment on how big of a focus religion will be on interview day? I know the school has a strong Jesuit/Catholic heritage but I don't know much more than that. Will they ask me questions about my religious beliefs during the interview?
It's just instructions and requirements like FAFSA and parental income info. I imagine offers can't be made until financial need is assessed...
Thanks for the info. Did it say whether you needed to include your parents' financial aid info on FAFSA, or do they have separate forms for that?
My situation is: I am deciding between my state school and Loyola. I love them both. My state school does not require parental financial aid, while (I believe) Loyola does. I just filled out FAFSA and struggled with deciding whether to include my parents' info, thinking that if I did, it would lessen any potential institutional aid from my state school, but that if I didn't, I'd be closing the door on receiving any institutional aid from Loyola and thereby effectively declining my admission offer (since my state school would be so much cheaper). However, I just read in another thread that some schools that require parental info use a separate form than the FAFSA, which would be great for my situation.
Loyola does require parental info on FAFSA, but they do allow a separate sheet to explain special circumstances that may not be reflected on FAFSA, if that helps...
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.