2013-2014 Saint Louis University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thanks @tabtleborn

I checked my myslu account and saw my package.

Sadly, I have decided to withdraw my application and matriculate at another institution. I hope my spot goes to someone here on this thread! And just like @Dr Huxtable , SLU was my first acceptance this cycle, and I will NEVER forget how emotional, grateful, and relieved I felt when I saw that email. Best of luck to everyone else!
 
Does anyone know when they will start accepting of the alternative list? I'm assuming around late May/early June but I haven't heard anything more specific.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to all of those on the wait list! Hopefully one of you can take my place 🙂
 
Did they call your phone or send you an email?
I'm pretty surprised you got rejected, I feel most ADCOMs keep their cards to their chest as long as possible.

It looks like in previous years they shoot you an email.

I just got an e-mail that rejected me after getting placed on the alternate list... O__O

I've also never seen someone outright rejected from the alternate list. Maybe give them a call to make sure lol?


They called my phone then I got the email. I was accepted off the alternate list.
Congratulations! Hopefully we'll hear of more acceptances trickling out 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just as surprised as all of you (kinda disappointed but guess this rejection at least limits my focus to my other waitlists). Here's the e-mail incase any of you were curious, subject was Alternate List Status:

Dear _____,

We regret to inform you that we are not able to offer you a position in the entering class for the coming year. It is the sincere hope of the members of the Committee on Admissions that your extensive interest in and intensive preparation for a medical education be fully realized in another school or a related field.

Please accept our gratitude for being so patient throughout the long application process. We appreciate your interest in our school and give you our personal best wishes for success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

L. James Willmore, M.D.
Associate Dean
 
I'm happy to hear you have other options!
... and I just realized you're also in the wait-list support thread with me :highfive: Hang in there!
 
can anyone here tell me about the opportunities st louis university provides in primary care and working with the underserved (my two passions) that are really unique? I'm interested in applying to this school and have done a fair share of googling and digging through the school's website and haven't found much. 🙁 🙁
 
Hey guys,

Can anyone comment on whether a car is necessary for SLU for the first two years? Trying to budget right now and the numbers are not looking pretty!
 
Hey guys,

Can anyone comment on whether a car is necessary for SLU for the first two years? Trying to budget right now and the numbers are not looking pretty!
Yeah, it is. There's not housing super close to campus and it's not a neighborhood you'd wanna walk home in anyway.
 
Does anybody know if it is usually a wave of acceptances on one day or do they just give them individually as time goes on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

This might be anecdotal (given n=2 based on this thread), but it seems like they hand out acceptances on Tuesdays (perhaps every other one). So there might be some good news for people this coming Tuesday. One can only hope 🙄
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Declined my acceptance to SLU last night and they emailed me this morning to say my deposit would be refunded to me by check in the next 2-3 weeks. Good luck to everyone waiting!
Do you remember how you did this? Was it an email?