Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2013-2014 Temple University Application Thread
Started by Narmerguy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
my status still Under Review. Are they done with II?No, my status is still "Interview Complete".
my status still Under Review. Are they done with II?
I believe interviews are conducted until April, so there's still a couple months before all II are exhausted.
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the info. So far, I haven't even get one II from all the schools that I have applied, sad.....I believe interviews are conducted until April, so there's still a couple months before all II are exhausted.
Good luck!
Has anyone received good news after waiting a longish time post interview (6+ weeks)? I know the school is probably on some kind of winter break right now, but I'm just wondering if I should still hold out for positive news at this point. Sounds like silence post interview generally means a rejection...
Has anyone received good news after waiting a longish time post interview (6+ weeks)? I know the school is probably on some kind of winter break right now, but I'm just wondering if I should still hold out for positive news at this point. Sounds like silence post interview generally means a rejection...
Did you check your mail?
Did you check your mail?
Unfortunately, I have been =/. Guess I'm going to get another rejection in a few weeks
I interviewed early November and have not heard back anything.
I interviewed early november and I still haven't heard back. 🙁
Has anybody been accepted after seeing other people who interviewed on the same day get accepted? I interviewed 11/27 and it looks like one person here has already been accepted. So just wondering if they haven't made a decision on me or I'll be getting the continued candidate letter soon.
I interviewed early november and I still haven't heard back. 🙁
Has anyone received good news after waiting a longish time post interview (6+ weeks)? I know the school is probably on some kind of winter break right now, but I'm just wondering if I should still hold out for positive news at this point. Sounds like silence post interview generally means a rejection...
I interviewed in Sept. and didn't hear anything back until just before Christmas when I was offered acceptance.
Hang in there 👍
There is still hope 🙂 I know many many people that only got interviews after December and were accepted in many schools. Chin up 😉Thanks for the info. So far, I haven't even get one II from all the schools that I have applied, sad.....
I am praying that I fall into this group!!There is still hope 🙂 I know many many people that only got interviews after December and were accepted in many schools. Chin up 😉
My status is below average so loosing hope..... Thanks for your encouragement.There is still hope 🙂 I know many many people that only got interviews after December and were accepted in many schools. Chin up 😉
I interviewed in Sept. and didn't hear anything back until just before Christmas when I was offered acceptance.
Hang in there 👍
Did you also apply to Geisinger by chance?
Did you also apply to Geisinger by chance?
The main campus was my first choice. My acceptance is for the Crozer-Chester clinical campus after the first two years in Philly.
The main campus was my first choice. My acceptance is for the Crozer-Chester clinical campus after the first two years in Philly.
I mentioned this before, but Crozer Chester is just part of the main campus line-up for my class, not its own clinical campus.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would any current students be willing to comment what texts are most useful/helpful for anatomy? My family is insisting on giving me a med-school related gift for an upcoming birthday, and I'm trying to pick something that I would actually come in useful... From what I've researched it seems something like Netters or Thieme are the most highly recommended in general...
My status is still under review, No II yet...... Are they done with II???
I have been under review since mid July 🙁
Does anyone if rejection from a clinical campus (like Geisinger) means a rejection from the main campus as well?
Whelp. Received the continuing candidates letter the other day. Hopefully they actually accept people off the waitlist this year although it seems like there's a lot of us in the same boat... so chances don't look that good.
From what I understood during my interview day, they will try to make it so that there are acceptances off the waitlist this year unlike last year. Don't give up hope just yet!
I used Netters and I think the majority of my class did as well, but some other people used the other popular books.Would any current students be willing to comment what texts are most useful/helpful for anatomy? My family is insisting on giving me a med-school related gift for an upcoming birthday, and I'm trying to pick something that I would actually come in useful... From what I've researched it seems something like Netters or Thieme are the most highly recommended in general...
You will also get a ton of files in the course that you will study because it's the stuff you need to focus on for the course exams.
Did you apply for Temple main campus or Crozer-Chester?I was accepted 12/17 and interviewed 11/7. Second two years at Crozer-Chester.
I put Temple main as my first choice. Crozer was either my second or third. Still pumped about it though!
Are you able to see Crozer on your TempleMedOnline? Or was it solely on your acceptance letter?
Email, followed by a mail about 1-2 weeks later.Has anyone received an acceptance in the mail, or has it only been email?
+1I have been under review since mid July 🙁
Been under review for quite some time, but they interview through April, so keep up the hope!
Interviewed in early October and still nothing. I'm really thinking it's an ominous sign at this point. Disappointing, as Temple is my top choice.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too since September. How do you know that they interview through April ?+1
Been under review for quite some time, but they interview through April, so keep up the hope!
Interviewed here earlier this week and loved it. Fingers crossed!
From reading previous posts and looking at last year's forumMe too since September. How do you know that they interview through April ?
Thanks! I just don't understand why the school not just go ahead and reject the ones who they think that they are not qualified instead of holding on their applications until April.From reading previous posts and looking at last year's forum
For those of you familiar with the Temple area, any thoughts on where to live? I hear Temple is in a pretty bad area but I'm sure there are decent neighborhoods. I'm 95% sure I'll be attending Temple but I'm just not familiar enough with the area to make a decision on housing. Any suggestions would help! Oh, and I have a dog so if you have info on pet friendly apartments that would be ideal.
For those of you familiar with the Temple area, any thoughts on where to live? I hear Temple is in a pretty bad area but I'm sure there are decent neighborhoods. I'm 95% sure I'll be attending Temple but I'm just not familiar enough with the area to make a decision on housing. Any suggestions would help! Oh, and I have a dog so if you have info on pet friendly apartments that would be ideal.
Look back a few pages in this thread, the topic has already been discussed. Most students live down in Center City, there are more houses that are likely to be pet friendly in South and West Philly. Sometime in April a blackboard group will be set up for accepted students to begin sussing out housing. I can tell you from personal experience that most apartment complexes in Center City, Art Museum and Fairmount areas are not pet friendly. I had much better luck in West Philadelphia and in houses/privately owned apartments with my cat, but dogs are somewhat harder to house.
Anyone know how many St. Luke's students were accepted off of the continuing candidates list last year? Temple St Luke's is my first choice: I'd like to know if it's worth holding out for them, or if I should just take an acceptance at another medical school that would be immediately granted to me if I commit to go there.
Look back a few pages in this thread, the topic has already been discussed. Most students live down in Center City, there are more houses that are likely to be pet friendly in South and West Philly. Sometime in April a blackboard group will be set up for accepted students to begin sussing out housing. I can tell you from personal experience that most apartment complexes in Center City, Art Museum and Fairmount areas are not pet friendly. I had much better luck in West Philadelphia and in houses/privately owned apartments with my cat, but dogs are somewhat harder to house.
Spot on. The Manayunk area attracts a lot of students too. Not sure what the pet-friendly situation is there, though.
Spot on. The Manayunk area attracts a lot of students too. Not sure what the pet-friendly situation is there, though.
Thanks for the info. How far of a commute is it from Manayunk to Temple? Also, is there free parking for med students at Temple? I interviewed at St. Luke's so I haven't had a chance to visit the main campus in Philly.
Thanks for the info. How far of a commute is it from Manayunk to Temple? Also, is there free parking for med students at Temple? I interviewed at St. Luke's so I haven't had a chance to visit the main campus in Philly.
Parking is not free but there is a student discount. Looks like it's about $60/month or $240 a semester to park at Battersby (outdoor, gated lot I think, correct me if I'm wrong). It's $100/month or $400/semester to park at Carlisle West Garage.
Thanks for the info. How far of a commute is it from Manayunk to Temple? Also, is there free parking for med students at Temple? I interviewed at St. Luke's so I haven't had a chance to visit the main campus in Philly.
http://goo.gl/maps/IWnoV
Thanks for the info. How far of a commute is it from Manayunk to Temple? Also, is there free parking for med students at Temple? I interviewed at St. Luke's so I haven't had a chance to visit the main campus in Philly.
The regional rail also runs from Manayunk into the city. Find out more about local transport in Philly here. Trains/subway are how most people get around.
The regional rail also runs from Manayunk into the city. Find out more about local transport in Philly here. Trains/subway are how most people get around.
Certainly seems cheaper to take trains, though you'll probably need a car for rotations 3rd and 4th year. Students seemed half and half about driving versus taking the train. The downside to the subway and septa is that the train times can be inconvenient, especially on the weekends.
Certainly seems cheaper to take trains, though you'll probably need a car for rotations 3rd and 4th year. Students seemed half and half about driving versus taking the train. The downside to the subway and septa is that the train times can be inconvenient, especially on the weekends.
Also the bus service is notoriously spotty.
Accepted!!! I was surprised to see that email because I was losing hope!
Excited to see my campus assignment soon...
Excited to see my campus assignment soon...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hen did u interview. And congratsAccepted!!! I was surprised to see that email because I was losing hope!
Excited to see my campus assignment soon...
Hen did u interview. And congrats
Early October!
I was starting to think I was in a silent post-interview rejection pile...
Does anyone know how many St. Luke's students were accepted last year off of the continuing candidates list? Also, is it possible to be accepted off of the continuing candidates list BEFORE May?
Does anyone know how many St. Luke's students were accepted last year off of the continuing candidates list? Also, is it possible to be accepted off of the continuing candidates list BEFORE May?
The second part applies to all of Temple's campuses.
Does temple reject pre interview before March/April?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K