2013-2014 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students comment about how the lecture notes/materials are given to students? Are they electronically sent or do you receive a large binder of printed notes? I've heard different things from different schools

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's been any more wait list movement?

Can any current students comment about how the lecture notes/materials are given to students? Are they electronically sent or do you receive a large binder of printed notes? I've heard different things from different schools

Thanks
All the lecture notes are in powerpoint form, so you get exactly what the presenter shows you in class. Also the lecture itself is recorded on the tegrity system so you can watch it (up to 2x) speed at home.

Any word on wait list movement?

Accepted last week from the middle of the top 3rd. The class Facebook page only has 86 people in it including admins so don't count yourself out yet for everyone still waiting!

Accepted last week from the middle of the top 3rd. The class Facebook page only has 86 people in it including admins so don't count yourself out yet for everyone still waiting!

I can't seem to find the Facebook page…do you have a link to it?

I was in the middle 1/3 originally, now in the upper 1/3 from the movement that has happened so far - keeping my fingers crossed for some big movement come May 15th! Good luck to everyone waiting!

How did you find out how much you moved? Did you just check in with Allison? Were you able to find out your exact position?

How did you find out how much you moved? Did you just check in with Allison? Were you able to find out your exact position?

When we first were told what third we were in I asked Alison where exactly in the middle 1/3 I was. She gave me my exact number in the list. Last I talked to her, which was on Monday, they have accepted 13 people from the wait list (could be more now). Based on that, I have moved up to a position in the top third. I'm sure she would be happy to let you know where you stand if you ask her. But May 15th isn't too far away!

(Sorry, should have included the wait list movement that I knew of in the first post.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Haleyjay--
Did you have to call to get that info? Should I use Allison's email? When I call or email admission I usually talk to Anita(?) and she tells me what sort of movement there's been, but nothing specific about me.
Thanks!

Haleyjay--
Did you have to call to get that info? Should I use Allison's email? When I call or email admission I usually talk to Anita(?) and she tells me what sort of movement there's been, but nothing specific about me.
Thanks!

Sorry sorry I meant Anita! Got those A names mixed up. I emailed her. She didn't give me my specific position on the list this week, but based on what she told me back in March, which was my exact # on the wait list, I could do the math that I am now in the top 1/3. She just told me how many have been accepted off the wait list (13 when I spoke to her).

Accepted from the top third this morning! So excited. I was taking a final when I got the call, so I wasn't able to ask my exact number on the list. :/ Sorry guys..

Accepted from the top third this morning! So excited. I was taking a final when I got the call, so I wasn't able to ask my exact number on the list. :/ Sorry guys..

Do you know if your original position was in the top third?

I can't seem to find the Facebook page…do you have a link to it?

I was in the middle 1/3 originally, now in the upper 1/3 from the movement that has happened so far - keeping my fingers crossed for some big movement come May 15th! Good luck to everyone waiting!

I'm accepted to this year's incoming class and I'm pretty sure the Facebook page is closed and private to only those in our class and you shouldn't be able to view it unless you're admitted and allowed in by an administrator, the school will probably send the link to it in an e-mail after you're accepted.

While there are some spots left if you look at how many people are in the facebook group that is somewhat misleading as I know for sure there are some of my classmates that don't have facebook and therefore aren't included in that total.

That being said I would think there'll still be some movement the rest of the summer.

Good luck to you all!

Just got accepted off the alternate list today, so I guess there is still hope! I'm not sure what number I was on the list but I was in the middle third.

deleted: congrats all!!!! :)

Last edited: