2013-2014 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we expect an update at the end of this month? Or will the mid-March notifications be the next notification?

Should get an email update tomorrow, I would expect.

Members don't see this ad.

Agreed I believe there is one tomorrow and then the final one will be mid-March

Members don't see this ad :)
Unchanged again. I think I got the wrong email...... again

dikembe.jpg

This was attached with my status update. Did anyone else get this attachment?

I heard there are only 15 spots left now…dun dun dun!

Who did you hear that from? I find it highly unlikely considering they have had many more in years past and this years class is larger than normal. Also, not all of the Bryant scholars qualified so that leaves more seats than usual empty.

Just to add some more insight, there are about 65 people in the Facebook group as of right now. Also, I know a few more people that are accepted but not on Facebook (or at least haven't joined the group). So I could see the 15 number being about right: 65 Facebook + 20ish that aren't on Facebook + 15 open spots) seems possible and would round out the class. That being said, there is always a TON of wait-list movement here. In the past couple years they have always gone through at LEAST the top third of the wait-list (33+ people). Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Who did you hear that from? I find it highly unlikely considering they have had many more in years past and this years class is larger than normal. Also, not all of the Bryant scholars qualified so that leaves more seats than usual empty.

I know a person who interviewed the other day and admissions told them this. They also said they have 20 more people left to interview. It looks like they have been accepting more people each month and not just 5 like they said.

During my interview day they said that they only released 55% of their acceptances before the March update, so that would mean that they should still be giving like 45 acceptances during March.

Members don't see this ad :)
During my interview day they said that they only released 55% of their acceptances before the March update, so that would mean that they should still be giving like 45 acceptances during March.

I emailed admissions before the week of the January update and they had accepted 50 people so far. I doubt that included the people who were accepted during January. Based on that it is very likely they have filled more than 55%, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, is March 22 the day? Does anyone know when they will let us know wait list information if we don't make the final cut?

I emailed admissions before the week of the January update and they had accepted 50 people so far. I doubt that included the people who were accepted during January. Based on that it is very likely they have filled more than 55%, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, is March 22 the day? Does anyone know when they will let us know wait list information if we don't make the final cut?

You can email them back that day (March 22) if the emails says you are placed on the alternate list and they will tell you top, middle, or bottom third.

There are only 15 spots left, I interviewed on March 4th and the director of admissions told us that, she said they accepted 20 people at the end of February.

I believe when I interviewed (2/11) they said the final update would be this Friday, the 14th.

I believe when I interviewed (2/11) they said the final update would be this Friday, the 14th.
Yeah, I just spoke with Alison and she said final status update will be this Friday. March 22nd may be the "Second Look" day.

Yeah, I just spoke with Alison and she said final status update will be this Friday. March 22nd may be the "Second Look" day.
Here's to hoping they changed it, but their website still says "Final notice of acceptance: March 22, 2014" and I was told that day when I interviewed back in October.

Here's to hoping they changed it, but their website still says "Final notice of acceptance: March 22, 2014" and I was told that day when I interviewed back in October.

That just seems strange, being that it is a Saturday

Yes, March 22 is second look day. I will be there, that is how I know. That is why I think it will be the 14th for final updates. It gives the last few acceptances time to schedule a visit to second look day. And I believe this is the last week of interviews, so Thursday night the AdCom will meet and hash out the rest of the class.

Friday can't get here soon enough. This month to month acceptance thing is killing me.

Talked to admissions the other day and you will be finding out today....Good luck everyone!

Good luck to everyone today! I am not sure if this is in any way indicative, but on this day last year my "final decision" email came right at 12:00pm. The waiting is horrible, especially today, but you are getting close!

They are already later than they have been for the last three updates. Is an acceptance communicated through a call or email?

They are already later than they have been for the last three updates. Is an acceptance communicated through a call or email?
I got my acceptance the 28th and it was via email. Also, last year I got waitlisted and it came via email as well. Good luck everyone!

Accepted today and elated! This was my #1 choice for many reasons. Best of luck to those who are on the wait list.

Rejected today with a 34/4.0.

I'll miss you guys! Good luck to all who were waitlisted and congrats to those who got in :)

Alternate list. Will withdraw next week.
Good luck to those hoping for an acceptance through the waitlist!

Does anyone know about how far they get through the alternate list each year?

Does anyone know about how far they get through the alternate list each year?

As weather23 said, unless something changes from the past years, everyone in the top third usually gets in. They also dip decently into the middle third, but this is where there is the most variation year-by-year. A few years ago they only went a couple people into the middle third, but in another previous year they pulled two people (or something like that) from the bottom third.

As weather23 said, unless something changes from the past years, everyone in the top third usually gets in. They also dip decently into the middle third, but this is where there is the most variation year-by-year. A few years ago they only went a couple people into the middle third, but in another previous year they pulled two people (or something like that) from the bottom third.
When do deposits have to be in by? And what are some other dates that we could expect some big movement?

Anyone heard when alternate list generally begins to move? Also, anyone know how many have been admitted off alternate list in past years?

I know there are probably some people reading these threads that were either not accepted anywhere this year or are wait listed and may not get off any wait lists. My advice is this: Keep working. It is frustrating, depressing, and you may feel like you will never get in. This year was my third year applying, and when you finally get that acceptance it will mean that much more to you in the end. Be objective and think about where your application is weakest and work to fix those weaknesses. If it is something you truly want then an unsuccessful year of applications will not deter you. Don't think you will be too old to start med school either. There are people in the class this year in their 30s. Bests of luck to all of you and keep fighting the good fight!

Reactions: 1 user
When do deposits have to be in by? And what are some other dates that we could expect some big movement?

Generally big movement on the waitlist occurs in April and May. Especially before the May 15th deadline when students can only hold 1 acceptance (unless that's changed in the recent years)

Anyone heard when alternate list generally begins to move? Also, anyone know how many have been admitted off alternate list in past years?

I don't have the exact numbers but I was accepted early June during my year from the middle of the middle 3rd.

Sorry I haven't been on this thread lately, busy studying for boards. Congrats to all accepted students and good luck to those on the wl!

Has anyone from the alternate list heard anything yet?

Has anyone talked to admissions recently? Was just wondering if anyone has been accepted yet off alternate list.

Has anyone talked to admissions recently? Was just wondering if anyone has been accepted yet off alternate list.

I spoke with Anita today and she said they have taken 6 so far, but she said that's not unusual at this point and that most of the movement happens starting around May 15.

I spoke with Anita today and she said they have taken 6 so far, but she said that's not unusual at this point and that most of the movement happens starting around May 15.
What is special about May 15?