2013-2014 University of Missouri - Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unfortunately not, but at least it keeps us from neurotically checking every 5 minutes.

Well I guess that's one upside to it! About how long does it take after the "application is complete. Interview invite is pending committee review" e-mail to get an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad.

Do we know when we will get the status update for December? I'm pretty sure their winter break starts on December 13th or December 20th so will it be before that or not until after break?

Just got rejected pre interview two days after being marked complete. Not to mentioned I interviewed there during my last app season with a weaker application. I don't believe it :rage::arghh::bigtears::bigtears:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got rejected pre interview two days after being marked complete. Not to mentioned I interviewed there during my last app season with a weaker application. I don't believe it :rage::arghh::bigtears::bigtears:

Same. Complete on Tuesday. OOS, but lived in Missouri for 20 of my 22 years of life...had to move for my dad's job. I was really hoping for an interview here.

Do we know when we will get the status update for December? I'm pretty sure their winter break starts on December 13th or December 20th so will it be before that or not until after break?

I interviewed here on Tuesday and I think they said that they will be emailing us a week (or around there) before Christmas.

I interviewed here on Tuesday and I think they said that they will be emailing us a week (or around there) before Christmas.

While it is always great to hear news, I am really not getting my hopes up haha. Dang hold emails, bah!

While it is always great to hear news, I am really not getting my hopes up haha. Dang hold emails, bah!

Ya I agree. They are only accepting 5 that day anyway and everyone else gets put on hold until March so basically we all just have to hold tight until March unless we get lucky and we are one of those 5!

Do they only notify on Fridays? I figured it might be today or thurs

I think so. They have interviews Monday - Wednesday, then the adcom meets on Thursday, then updates are sent out the "last Friday of the month" (but that kind of varies based upon holidays).

Just got my acceptance email this morning. :)
In-state. Interviewed 11/20ish.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted today as well! Fantastic Holiday surprise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted as well yesterday, most likely matriculating here in the fall. So excited I could explode:boom:

Accepted as well yesterday, most likely matriculating here in the fall. So excited I could explode:boom:

Definitely matriculating here and couldn't be more excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Got the old "no change" email again yesterday. Oh well, on to next month!

Last edited:
I'm happy for you guys!!! :D Hopefully I'll get to see you all in the fall.

Also was accepted last Friday before Christmas, such a fantastic present! Interviewed 11/13 in-state, so so excited!!! Was also accepted to SLU a few months ago but will definitely be going here, MIZ! Can't wait to meet people that'll be in our class on Second Look Day.

Looks like there is a Facebook group now, just waiting to be approved! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/640694725994606/

Edit: Got an email, apparently there is a more official page now, I updated the link above. Not sure what is gonna happen with the old one.

Last edited:
Anyone else get a background check email recently? I got one and I am not sure which school it came from.

Anyone else get a background check email recently? I got one and I am not sure which school it came from.

I got one today. The email said it was a reminder and said I was sent the original request five days ago, but I never got that previous email... But I guess it doesn't really matter too much. Filled it out today, no problem.

I got one today. The email said it was a reminder and said I was sent the original request five days ago, but I never got that previous email... But I guess it doesn't really matter too much. Filled it out today, no problem.

Sounds good! I filled mine out yesterday and they got it back to me today, so it looks like they are turning them around pretty quick.

Hi Guys,

Is it appropriate to email the school asking my ranking on their list? I know they haven’t finished interview. Just try to get some idea.

Hi Guys,

Is it appropriate to email the school asking my ranking on their list? I know they haven’t finished interview. Just try to get some idea.

You could ask, but I know they are pretty protective of the information. Come March 22nd (when they do their big batch of acceptances) you will either be accepted, rejected, or wait listed. If you are accepted/rejected then that is obviously the end of the questioning, but if you are put on the wait list then you can call and ask your position at that time. They will still only tell you top third, middle third, or bottom third, but it is better than nothing.

I know how stressful it is to get multiple hold emails and have no idea where you are on the list. I am a re-applicant who interviewed in October of 2012 and got a hold email every month until March when I was wait listed. Then I interviewed again in October and get a couple more hold emails before being accepted. I tried to get something out of them regarding my standing after my interview in 2012, and while very polite they were pretty firm in saying the information was off-limits.

If there is anything else I can help with just ask!

Finally got an II. IS Complete on 12/4. GPA: 3.7 MCAT: 31 Excited!

Last edited:
Anybody heard back from a January application status update? I interviewed in late November and was marked status unchanged for the December rotation.

I interviewed here a couple weeks ago and would absolutely love to get an acceptance tomorrow! Good luck to you guys!

I emailed admissions earlier this week and they had filled 50/104 seats. I dk how many more got filled today. That being said and assuming about 50 come of the wait list there is still a lot more acceptances to be sent out.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 50 includes the acceptances sent out today

I am unchanged as well, good to hear the number is only 50 thus far. Here's to hoping all of us are part of that 104/top third waitlist.

Accepted this morning!!!! SO excited. I am for sure -positively- going here. Already live in Columbia, MO (Mizzou grad). Love it here! I am so happy I get to stay! Good luck to everyone interviewing/waiting for a status change! :biglove:

Congratulations on the acceptance kilpty!! Status unchanged here :( when did you interview?

Accepted this morning!!!! SO excited. I am for sure -positively- going here. Already live in Columbia, MO (Mizzou grad). Love it here! I am so happy I get to stay! Good luck to everyone interviewing/waiting for a status change! :biglove:

Congratulations on the acceptance kilpty!! Status unchanged here :( when did you interview?

I interviewed a ways back... Oct. 7 (complete app July 25ish) ( I think it was the second week of interviews...) I'm a re-applicant. From what people are saying there are still a ton of spots! Don't give up hope!

Does anyone know if we should update MU with grades from the fall and/or any awards received since then?

Does anyone know if we should update MU with grades from the fall and/or any awards received since then?

I am not 100% sure about grade updates, but unfortunately Mizzou doesn't generally allow updates to be sent in post-interview.

Hey everyone - first off congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I am planning to apply next cycle for the first time, Mizzou is my #1 choice.

Edit: I posted a question about tips anyone has for me and my specific situation, but I figured this wasn't the right place to post, so I deleted it.

Last edited:
Interview tomorrow. Any advice from those who have interviewed? I have heard it is a pretty enjoyable process - just be yourself... but anything specific I should know? Thank you!

Interview tomorrow. Any advice from those who have interviewed? I have heard it is a pretty enjoyable process - just be yourself... but anything specific I should know? Thank you!

Just be sure you know your application really well and be able to talk about it. I had a couple random questions, but the vast majority were spun out of AMCAS experiences. It really is pretty laid back though, enjoy yourself and have a great time. Good luck!

IIs are still going out. I recently received one, but had to decline. I hope one of you gets it.

Should we expect an update at the end of this month? Or will the mid-March notifications be the next notification?