2014-2015 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The "describe yourself" question is really throwing me a curveball. How have you guys been approaching it?

I did it a little creatively, not very formal, academic writing, and talked about some non-medical personality things and interests. I didnt answer it as I probably would in an interview (Age, where I'm from, extracurriculars, etc.) It seemed to work well, because I got an interview the first day. I would just try to have fun with it and show things about yourself that you wouldn't get from the AMCAS.
 
I did it a little creatively, not very formal, academic writing, and talked about some non-medical personality things and interests. I didnt answer it as I probably would in an interview (Age, where I'm from, extracurriculars, etc.) It seemed to work well, because I got an interview the first day. I would just try to have fun with it and show things about yourself that you wouldn't get from the AMCAS.

I did the same thing and also got an interview. I thought of how my friends would describe me...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So lost on the "why pick me" question...

I did hobbies and interests as well as the fact that I'm a bit older (if I recall so are you) and a non-trad applicant. I think questions like this are the perfect opportunities to stress life experiences outside of academia.
 
Based on the thread history, I'm not expecting this secondary for a while, verified 8/12. I'll be Pre-writing as soon as I finish the secondaries I do have. Best of luck to you all!
 
Based on the thread history, I'm not expecting this secondary for a while, verified 8/12. I'll be Pre-writing as soon as I finish the secondaries I do have. Best of luck to you all!

well, to my knowledge they don't screen. The initial wave of secondaries takes the longest, so yours shouldnt be too long of a wait.
 
I submitted my secondary 8/4 and it still says no next to application complete....should I call or are many others experiencing this too?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When they say required courses are to be completed by spring semester before matriculation, does this mean you can't take required courses in the spring semester?

Did you ever hear a response on this? I was about to submit this secondary and saw that on the page (nowhere on the website...). Too late to call so I guess I have to wait another day.
 
Did you ever hear a response on this? I was about to submit this secondary and saw that on the page (nowhere on the website...). Too late to call so I guess I have to wait another day.

No I haven't. Haven't had a chance to call. If u do sometime soon I would like to know the answer as well. Thanks
 
II as well! Congrats and good luck to everyone! 3 for 3 so far O___O gonna be a busy September and October ...
 
To those that have scheduled an interview: did you receive an email confirmation of your date or just the checkbox with your selected date on the portal's confirmation tab?

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First II!!!! so excited!!!
I am having trouble with the photo part though...it says to crop it and then press save photo. I am not able to crop it though....and it's not letting me save the photo without doing so.

What browser are you using? They suggested using Firefox or Internet Explorer for best results... I had trouble when I used Google Chrome.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing on 10/1. I have a hotel for the night of 9/30 at the Hilton Garden Inn on campus for $119 if anyone wants to share!