-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Albany Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
question: can you just get an MD degree from albany? on msar it says BS/MD... but i already will get my BS from another school?.. just a bit confused here
Yes of course you can get just a MD. They happen to have a few dual BS/MDs with local schools. I think the MSAR is referring to that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my goodness, I didn't press certify when I received the secondary... T.T
------
This E-Mail is for your records, and to indicate that you have agreed to be solely responsible for monitoring the status of your application submitted to Albany Medical College. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring all requirements and deadlines are met. We thank you for your interest in Albany Medical College.
Does everyone get this e-mail, or does this only apply to people who clicked "certify"? I swear I thought I clicked on certify the first time around....
------
This E-Mail is for your records, and to indicate that you have agreed to be solely responsible for monitoring the status of your application submitted to Albany Medical College. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring all requirements and deadlines are met. We thank you for your interest in Albany Medical College.
Does everyone get this e-mail, or does this only apply to people who clicked "certify"? I swear I thought I clicked on certify the first time around....
Anyone receive a complete e-mail?
Oh my goodness, I didn't press certify when I received the secondary... T.T
------
This E-Mail is for your records, and to indicate that you have agreed to be solely responsible for monitoring the status of your application submitted to Albany Medical College. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring all requirements and deadlines are met. We thank you for your interest in Albany Medical College.
Does everyone get this e-mail, or does this only apply to people who clicked "certify"? I swear I thought I clicked on certify the first time around....
you get this email only if you clicked certify. did click it after you submitted the app?
I honestly don't remember, I did this over a week ago. I just checked my application status, and I don't remember what I had before, but it definitely didn't say "pending" until now.... kicking myself over and over again
I honestly don't remember, I did this over a week ago. I just checked my application status, and I don't remember what I had before, but it definitely didn't say "pending" until now.... kicking myself over and over again
don't worry about it. I clicked certify well before submitting my app. After submitting my app late last week, my status still says pending. I think it just takes a long time for the few admissions people to manually check and change all the statuses.
what do you love about it? trying to find whats unique about different schoolsI'm In luv with this school!!! applying🙂
Just submitted secondary, finally. Hoping for some love!
I've been verified since 7/24 but have yet to receive an app. My stats are 3.65/3.54/35. Anyone else still waiting?
I'm still waiting too
Do people who submitted have a yes next to MCAT planned?
Do people who submitted have a yes next to MCAT planned?
yeah, it looks like this:
yes All MCAT scores received
yes
yes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, it looks like this:
yes All MCAT scores received
yesMCAT planned![]()
yesMCAT scores received![]()
oh okay thank you! That just seemed weird to me. My neuroticism is at its highest with all these ii... 🙁
I love this school. Still waiting on AMCAS verification and then I guess I'll be underway. I can't wait for the interview here, I've never done MMI before. Does anyone know when they schedule the first interviews?
When they say required courses are to be completed by spring semester before matriculation, does this mean you can't take required courses in the spring semester?
+1 still waiting, but i added this school to my AMCAS kind of late.....I've been verified since 7/24 but have yet to receive an app. My stats are 3.65/3.54/35. Anyone else still waiting?
edit: just got it this morning!
Last edited:
So, my status screen is showing that my MCAT score is there and that my letters have been received. Everything is marked "yes" except for "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee" which still says "no." There is a big scary warning that says that they will change this to "yes" after they determine that I have met their requirements.
That either means they are still checking applications for some specific things before passing them on to the committee, or it means that I am missing some requirement that I'm not aware of. I hope its the former. Is anyone else in the same position?
quinnipac had the same issue…it just takes a few days. if it doesn't change within a week of when everything was completed I'd give them a call
Does anyone who submitted around 7/25 still have the "no" next to complete? Everything else is a "yes" for me
Does anyone who submitted around 7/25 still have the "no" next to complete? Everything else is a "yes" for me
Yep. I'm in the same boat.
I have a question about the following prompt: "Please explain any gaps in your post-graduate history"
Does this mean if I am not in school this academic year, that is considered a gap?
I applied last application cycle and did not get into schools, therefore I am applying again, so I have already discussed what I will be doing this year in the first prompt: "If you have previously applied to medical school, but were unsuccessful, how have you spent your time since then? "
I feel like I am repeating much of what I said by answering both questions.
Thank you for any insight on what this might mean!
Does this mean if I am not in school this academic year, that is considered a gap?
I applied last application cycle and did not get into schools, therefore I am applying again, so I have already discussed what I will be doing this year in the first prompt: "If you have previously applied to medical school, but were unsuccessful, how have you spent your time since then? "
I feel like I am repeating much of what I said by answering both questions.
Thank you for any insight on what this might mean!
I have a question about the following prompt: "Please explain any gaps in your post-graduate history"
Does this mean if I am not in school this academic year, that is considered a gap?
I applied last application cycle and did not get into schools, therefore I am applying again, so I have already discussed what I will be doing this year in the first prompt: "If you have previously applied to medical school, but were unsuccessful, how have you spent your time since then? "
I feel like I am repeating much of what I said by answering both questions.
Thank you for any insight on what this might mean!
I always always interpreted this question as meaning gaps within your undergraduate or graduate education. If, for example, you completed two years of your degree but had to take a semester off because of a serious injury or illness before continuing, I would explain that in this space. I don't think they are referring to a gap year between undergrad and medical school. With that being said, I doubt it would hurt you to say something short and succinct like "I completed my undergraduate degree without any gaps, but there will be a one year gap between graduation and matriculation into medical school. Please see my previous responses." or something like that. I wouldn't copy or restate in full what you stated in your first prompt.
I have a question about the following prompt: "Please explain any gaps in your post-graduate history"
Does this mean if I am not in school this academic year, that is considered a gap?
I applied last application cycle and did not get into schools, therefore I am applying again, so I have already discussed what I will be doing this year in the first prompt: "If you have previously applied to medical school, but were unsuccessful, how have you spent your time since then? "
I feel like I am repeating much of what I said by answering both questions.
Thank you for any insight on what this might mean!
IMO, just answer both questions honestly. If there is overlap, then so be it. But don't copy and paste. Word them a little differently or stress different things about the activities you added.
I always always interpreted this question as meaning gaps within your undergraduate or graduate education. If, for example, you completed two years of your degree but had to take a semester off because of a serious injury or illness before continuing, I would explain that in this space. I don't think they are referring to a gap year between undergrad and medical school. With that being said, I doubt it would hurt you to say something short and succinct like "I completed my undergraduate degree without any gaps, but there will be a one year gap between graduation and matriculation into medical school. Please see my previous responses." or something like that. I wouldn't copy or restate in full what you stated in your first prompt.
IMO, just answer both questions honestly. If there is overlap, then so be it. But don't copy and paste. Word them a little differently or stress different things about the activities you added.
Thank you to both suggestions, I ended up just summarizing briefly and referring to the previous question.
Yes you should, I added the school after I was verified mid July and I received it within days of that.AMCAS was verified in June, and I still haven't received a secondary, should I email them?
Do you or anyone else have the adcom email for Albany?Yes you should, I added the school after I was verified mid July and I received it within days of that.
Anyone else still have "no" for complete? How long did it take to switch to yes
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...is it not on their website?Do you or anyone else have the adcom email for Albany?
I don't have it. I think you can find it somewhere on their websiteDo you or anyone else have the adcom email for Albany?
Been holding off on this one but finally submitted!
Interview invite just now! These NY schools are really coming through for me; I'm completely shocked
II!!!! So excited! My first MD of the season!
YAY congrats guys! That's awesome!!
II!!!! So excited! My first MD of the season!
stats? - if you dont mind sharing.
stats? - if you dont mind sharing.
PM'd
Well done everyone! Congrats all around!!!
II #2! Woooo, hoping for the best as I have heard good things about this school. Sweating the MMI though :x
I'm interviewing September 5th. Going to drive out Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
I still have "no" also and have since I submitted 7/25. All my letters have been in since June 20. I have "yes" next to everything but the letters.Anyone else still have "no" for complete? How long did it take to switch to yes
I'm interviewing September 5th. Going to drive out Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
Hi there and congrats! When were you complete, if you don't mind my asking?
Hi there and congrats! When were you complete, if you don't mind my asking?
I submitted on 7/23. I will update this when I get home for the complete date. I don't have my spreadsheet at work...
EDIT: Marked complete 8/5, II 8/12
Last edited:
Congrats man! im intewrviewing on the 5th as well., Hope to see ya there!I'm interviewing September 5th. Going to drive out Wednesday night or Thursday morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted436726
The "describe yourself" question is really throwing me a curveball. How have you guys been approaching it?
The "describe yourself" question is really throwing me a curveball. How have you guys been approaching it?
I gave a very detailed description of my body.
In 1000 characters? Focus on a single aspect of yourself that you'd like to share/elaborate on.The "describe yourself" question is really throwing me a curveball. How have you guys been approaching it?
I had just finished describing the curvature of my spine when I ran out of characters. Hopefully it's good enough.I gave a very detailed description of my body.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K