2014-2015 Albany Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whaaat. i submitted and had everything sent in like end of july, and my status still doesn't say complete (though it does say they technically have everything). should i give them a call/email?

I would definitely follow up. You don't want to be delayed over a formality.
 
so I "certified" my secondary yesterday. Does that mean I submitted and should now wait for a complete email sometime soon?I paid the fee, but I am a bit confused with the terminology AMC uses.
 
Hi! I have a room at the Hilton Garden Inn with 2 queen beds for the night of 9/30. If anyone is interested in sharing, let me know. Thanks!
 
I'm an MI at AMC...just wanted to warn everyone who is applying to Albany to CHECK THEIR SPAM FOLDER. I don't know if they've fixed the issue this year, but for some reason last year my gmail just didn't like the HTML in their emails. My interview invite went to my "promotions" folder in and my acceptance letter went to my spam folder where I didn't see it for 6 DAYS. It was horrible, and I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone else.

Good luck!
 
Is it bad if I take a more literal approach to the "describe yourself" prompt? I angled it in an interesting facts sort of way and used it as a way to show my sense of humor but I am worried about it sounding indifferent or sarcastic
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad if I take a more literal approach to the "describe yourself" prompt? I angled it in an interesting facts sort of way and used it as a way to show my sense of humor but I am worried about it sounding indifferent or sarcastic
It's not a literature course lol. I wouldn't take the risk for no reason.
 
Hey guys, is there any special rate for interviewees who stay at the Hilton Garden Inn like it says on the AMC website? I called the hotel today and they had no idea what I was talking about...
 
Hey guys, is there any special rate for interviewees who stay at the Hilton Garden Inn like it says on the AMC website? I called the hotel today and they had no idea what I was talking about...

Did you contact the person listed on the AMC website?
 
FYI, I sent an email today to make sure they weren't waiting on anything from me. They replied pretty quickly to say that my application was complete. They said they have a large volume of applications and a staff shortage.
 
FYI, I sent an email today to make sure they weren't waiting on anything from me. They replied pretty quickly to say that my application was complete. They said they have a large volume of applications and a staff shortage.

whaat i emailed them like a week ago, and i still didn't get a response. i submitted everything like the first week of august, and im still not complete. what email address did you email them at? thanks!
 
Hi, I recently changed my stay from Hilton Garden Inn to Cresthill Suites (within 5 miles of AMC). I have a room with 2 queen beds for the night of 9/30. I spoke with a representative through the phone and he confirmed that there are breakfast and shuttles included. PM me if you're interested in sharing the room!

And best of luck to other applicants and interviewees!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Albany screen prior to sending out secondaries? My primary has been verified since 8/22, but I have not received an e-mail for the secondary. I'm particularly worried, because I have a 6 in verbal with a composite score of 29.
 
whaat i emailed them like a week ago, and i still didn't get a response. i submitted everything like the first week of august, and im still not complete. what email address did you email them at? thanks!

Me as well, I submitted on 8/11. I sent an email to [email protected], but I might call them too if possible
 
II as well =D
Submitted 7/31
OOS, LizzyM ~67


Just logged in though...and my "further instructions" have not yet loaded. Is it the same for y'all?

Congrats by the way =D
 
So I'm signed up for 11/07 morning interview (It's a friday). I'll be flying in sometime Thursday evening/night - anyone want to share a room or something? Everything is getting so expensive >:[
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad