You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 CDU-UCLA Application Thread
Started by medmeup
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
@Cd. -
Last edited:
@Cd. From what I know, CDU/UCLA typically does the silent wait-list thing. I doubt that changes, but who knows...I don't work in admissions!
From looking at the previous threads, I think you're right.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any recent acceptances?
Doubt it. I heard the class is full and it's a pretty small group.
When I called, the admissions office mentioned that the class is full. There is a formal wait list and there is the rest of the people who haven't heard anything. If anyone drops from the class, they will go through the wait list filling in those spots. If there are any more spots available, the committee will meet again to fill in those spots and create a new wait list.
Therefore, I'm starting to feel like my chances at Charles Drew are loooow at this point 🙁
Therefore, I'm starting to feel like my chances at Charles Drew are loooow at this point 🙁
When I called, the admissions office mentioned that the class is full. There is a formal wait list and there is the rest of the people who haven't heard anything. If anyone drops from the class, they will go through the wait list filling in those spots. If there are any more spots available, the committee will meet again to fill in those spots and create a new wait list.
Therefore, I'm starting to feel like my chances at Charles Drew are loooow at this point 🙁
so are the rest of the people who haven't heard anything even on the waitlist? I think this place is just gonna give us silent rejections, which sucks.
When I called, the admissions office mentioned that the class is full. There is a formal wait list and there is the rest of the people who haven't heard anything. If anyone drops from the class, they will go through the wait list filling in those spots. If there are any more spots available, the committee will meet again to fill in those spots and create a new wait list.
Therefore, I'm starting to feel like my chances at Charles Drew are loooow at this point 🙁
i didn't realize there was an official waitlist. i thought everyone who hadn't heard at this point was on the waitlist...
i didn't realize there was an official waitlist. i thought everyone who hadn't heard at this point was on the waitlist...
If that's true (wouldn't surprise me) that's such a ridiculously poor way of handling things. If we're on a waitlist they should tell us.
I assumed the same thing. From the previous threads it looks as though they never had an official waitlist.i didn't realize there was an official waitlist. i thought everyone who hadn't heard at this point was on the waitlist...
So those who are waitlisted got a notification that they were waitlisted?
From my understanding, there is no notification of an official waitlist.
.
Last edited:
Got the call May 1st!
I'm so excited to start at this program!
I'm so excited to start at this program!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call May 1st!
I'm so excited to start at this program!
Congrats!!
It's hard to say-- since their stats are incorporated into UCLA's overall stats. If you like the program, then you should definitely apply! [emoji5]️
Do you think it would be a waste if one weren't a minority to apply to CDU?
Do you think it would be a waste if one weren't a minority to apply to CDU?
No, if you like the school's mission, and have a similar one of your own, then go for it!
No, if you like the school's mission, and have a similar one of your own, then go for it!
I do like the school's mission. I've volunteered at a free clinic for over a year, do you think that shows commitment to minority communities? Or do you think they look for something more extensive?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K