-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
complete ~7/23 and on hold today! totally okay with is since I waited over a month to submit the secondary =/... just happy to hear something
Have you received a secondary from VCU? I have nothing from them...hopefully not a rejection!Complete 7/18 and no update. Here and VCU are killing me with the silence.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did get a secondary. I've been complete at VCU since mid July with no status update since.Have you received a secondary from VCU? I have nothing from them...hopefully not a rejection!
I was complete at the very beginning of July and still haven't heard any news. Feeling a little hopeless.
That's really annoying
Wow, they must have really been on the fence with you. Perhaps you actually will get an II this cycle? We know for a fact that people get off the hold in some cases.
I've been complete since 7/16 (I checked my spreadsheet - not 7/17 as I mentioned before), so I'm waiting eternally too.
Ha ha, yeah, it's a tough call determining what the long time before my status change could signify. It most probably means I'm right on the border of something (II/hold or hold/rejection). I feel there's nothing wrong with convincing myself it's the prior. 😀
Been under review since 7/17.... No news otherwise... This sound normal?
II email today
Submitted 7/23
Lizzy M ~70
OOS with no hold status before interview (i may or may not have been checking my status everyday so Im pretty sure it didn't change)
Submitted 7/23
Lizzy M ~70
OOS with no hold status before interview (i may or may not have been checking my status everyday so Im pretty sure it didn't change)
We're in the same boat!Been under review since 7/17.... No news otherwise... This sound normal?
Normal? Is there such a thing in these parts of the world?
Last edited:
Just got put on hold. I think (hope) they're waiting for updated grades after December...eek.
Just got put on hold. I think (hope) they're waiting for updated grades after December...eek.
May I ask when you were complete?
I was complete on 7/22.May I ask when you were complete?
Did anyone get an outright rejection or was everyone placed on hold?
Here to join the hold club. Complete 7/21.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete July 14 and still no status change...I was complete July 8, and was placed on hold Aug 15 (~6 weeks). I don't think anyone has waited longer than me for a status change.
Put on hold yesterday (no email, just checked portal)
When were you complete? I saw that you were also rejected from UA - phoenix..I'm so sorry! It definitely has in-state bias so don't feel too bad.
On hold 🙁
When were you complete? I saw that you were also rejected from UA - phoenix..I'm so sorry! It definitely has in-state bias so don't feel too bad.
I submitted my secondary 7/24 (had letters and MCAT already processed there) - so I assume that's complete?
I'm not too bummed about Phoenix. Good luck to you too!
I was complete July 14 and still no status change...
I submitted my secondary July 17th and have been "under review" since... Gah update me c'mon GWU!
Joining the hold list…didn't receive an email but it was reflected on my online portal.
Does anyone know if GWU is receptive of "very interested" emails this early in the game?
Does anyone know if GWU is receptive of "very interested" emails this early in the game?
Yep, me too.I submitted my secondary July 17th and have been "under review" since... Gah update me c'mon GWU!
Complete since 7/16!
II FINALLY! Complete since 7/01. talk about waiting...
Yay!! There is hope for those of us still hanging on complete!II FINALLY! Complete since 7/01. talk about waiting...
on hold as of today. no email but change on the portal.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On hold too, complete at end of July, not sure if it is a good or bad thing
anyone complete in august receive an interview yet?
Any fellow canadians get a status change or II yet?
Any fellow canadians get a status change or II yet?
Nope. On hold for 3 weeks now.
My status has yet to change from "under review" ...Nope. On hold for 3 weeks now.
My status has yet to change from "under review" ...
When were you complete? Took them about a month to get back to me.
July 14 hahahWhen were you complete? Took them about a month to get back to me.
No response is better than a hold at GW IMO so keep plugging away!July 14 hahah
Anyone interviewing 9/02? I'm getting pretty nervous 😕
Anyone interviewing 9/02? I'm getting pretty nervous 😕
Don't be nervous!!! I just interviewed here, and it's really relaxed. Everyone is super nice and friendly, and the building is beautiful. Just try to have a good time, be yourself, get to know people, and have nice conversations about your experiences and interests in medicine/GW. This was a very low stress interview day (for me, at least), so I'm sure it will be for you too! You'll do great! 🙂
Hey Terps1011, congrats on your interview! If you don't mind me asking, were you given an interview with the 29 mcat score? or did they wait for your retake scores?
Just asking because I also fall into the 29mcat category, I really love this school and am currently still under review.
Just asking because I also fall into the 29mcat category, I really love this school and am currently still under review.
My retake score was a 29! So there's absolutely hope for you too! 🙂Hey Terps1011, congrats on your interview! If you don't mind me asking, were you given an interview with the 29 mcat score? or did they wait for your retake scores?
Just asking because I also fall into the 29mcat category, I really love this school and am currently still under review.
I haven't gotten a secondary from them either!Have you received a secondary from VCU? I have nothing from them...hopefully not a rejection!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
on hold foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm currently on hold. I went here for undergrad. Submitted 7/21.
Would you mind saying your stats? I too went here undergrad, but I haven't gotten an update whatsoever. I was hoping we'd get a boost as alumni.I'm currently on hold. I went here for undergrad. Submitted 7/21.
GPA 3.65/ MCAT 31. Yeah, I thought that they had a slight preference for GW alums. According to MSAR, 18% of matriculants went to GW as undergrads too.
I wonder how many of those 18% were part of the 7 year BS/MD or did that early assurance thing.GPA 3.65/ MCAT 31. Yeah, I thought that they had a slight preference for GW alums. According to MSAR, 18% of matriculants went to GW as undergrads too.