You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II today! My first! I'm so grateful and excited!!!
Congrats! were you on hold before?
If you guys don't mind, when were you completed!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! My first! I'm so grateful and excited!!!
Sorry forgot to quote it! If you don't mind, when were you complete?
Congrats! were you on hold before?
Thank you! No, I wasn't placed on hold before.
Sorry forgot to quote it! If you don't mind, when were you complete?
I submitted my secondary and letters on 7/20, so I was probably complete around 7/21, give or take.
@Terps1011 , I just saw your profile pic with Testudo.@Terps1011
Are you a Maryland Terrapin, by any chance? If so, HIGH FIVE!
Definitely HIGH FIVE then!
Hahaha yah I am... my picture is a little tough to tell. Only another terp would recognize it... I assume haha@Terps1011 , I just saw your profile pic with Testudo.
Definitely HIGH FIVE then!
Wooooo umd baby!
Now I just need to land some interviews
Hahaha yah I am... my picture is a little tough to tell. Only another terp would recognize it... I assume haha
Wooooo umd baby!
Now I just need to land some interviews
I am indeed a Terp! Loved that school - too bad they don't have a medical campus in CP 😉
And chin up - it's still early in the season.
Complete 7/4
II 7/25
MCAT 30, GPA 3.45 (science and cum)
Lots of EC/ patient care experience
There is hope for people with less than a 4.0 GPA!
II 7/25
MCAT 30, GPA 3.45 (science and cum)
Lots of EC/ patient care experience
There is hope for people with less than a 4.0 GPA!
Awesome. Congrats!Complete 7/4
II 7/25
MCAT 30, GPA 3.45 (science and cum)
Lots of EC/ patient care experience
There is hope for people with less than a 4.0 GPA!
Sorry if someone has asked this question already but do the updates you upload online show up anywhere after they've been submitted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II. I never had the hold status. complete 7/12ish.
I'm on hold right now, but at the same time, I'm also relieved in a way because I know at least one person (however committees are defined) has looked over my application and hasn't thrown it away by rejecting me because there was at least something they valued in my application, and that's nice to know after working hard for this many years.
I've been complete since 7/17 with no change in status... Just crickets...II. I never had the hold status. complete 7/12ish.
Gives me hope 😀 and CONGRATS!!
From the facebook page "Happy Friday! Current applicants - we are currently experiencing some issues in receiving updated information from AMCAS. As such your current status in the online portal may not be updated & current. Updates through the portal will be received successfully throughout this time, and the status message is the only affected section of the admissions portal. AMCAS is working on a solution and we will keep you posted once this has been resolved. We appreciate your patience during this time."
From the facebook page "Happy Friday! Current applicants - we are currently experiencing some issues in receiving updated information from AMCAS. As such your current status in the online portal may not be updated & current. Updates through the portal will be received successfully throughout this time, and the status message is the only affected section of the admissions portal. AMCAS is working on a solution and we will keep you posted once this has been resolved. We appreciate your patience during this time."
That's a relief! AMCAS was verified 8/12, submitted secondary today and status told me my AMCAS was still unverified. Good to know they are aware of the problem already 🙂
Hi everyone,
I submitted my secondary today. I'm trying to figure out the turn around process. If I were to be offered an interview (hopefully!), would it be unreasonable for me to expect to get a date in mid to late october? I'm scared that submitting this late will set me back to a november interview date.
A november interview date is not bad at all!!
Starting to give up on this school. I was complete early July and with the sheer # of applications it feels like it was a crap shoot. Best of luck to rest of you.
Starting to give up on this school. I was complete early July and with the sheer # of applications it feels like it was a crap shoot. Best of luck to rest of you.
Are you still just complete or on hold?
D
deleted380953
Are you still just complete or on hold?
if he's on hold, then I don't blame him. I've heard that the status was the death sentence for many applicants in past years
I posted this before, but this is n=1 in favor of hope: my friend was on hold for a month and a half last year before getting an II. Nothing is certain until it's certain.if he's on hold, then I don't blame him. I've heard that the status was the death sentence for many applicants in past years
I posted this before, but this is n=1 in favor of hope: my friend was on hold for a month and a half last year before getting an II. Nothing is certain until it's certain.
I was on hold earlier this summer and am traveling to DC in a few weeks to interview 🙂
Posted using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On hold today. I was complete ~7/24.
From the facebook page "Happy Friday! Current applicants - we are currently experiencing some issues in receiving updated information from AMCAS. As such your current status in the online portal may not be updated & current. Updates through the portal will be received successfully throughout this time, and the status message is the only affected section of the admissions portal. AMCAS is working on a solution and we will keep you posted once this has been resolved. We appreciate your patience during this time."
Do you know if this problem was resolved? I can't find this on their facebook page
So you mean you were on hold and then got an II from GWU? Do you mind sharing for how long you were on hold?I was on hold earlier this summer and am traveling to DC in a few weeks to interview 🙂
Posted using SDN Mobile
Complete ~7/23 and still under review... mehhhhhh
According to their facebook page, the problem has been resolved.Do you know if this problem was resolved? I can't find this on their facebook page
According to their facebook page, the problem has been resolved.
Thanks!!
I am on hold for those who asked.
I was on hold for almost three months last year before getting an II, don't worry too much about the hold status
II this morning!!
I submitted July 25th but don't know when I was complete...I never got a complete email.when did you submit and when were you complete?
Who's still complete with no status change?
-.-'
I was complete July 8, and was placed on hold Aug 15 (~6 weeks). I don't think anyone has waited longer than me for a status change.
Ouch. That's really unfortunate! I'm beginning to wonder about these timelines... are you a reapplicant by any chance?I was complete July 8, and was placed on hold Aug 15 (~6 weeks). I don't think anyone has waited longer than me for a status change.
P.S
No status change so far either...
Ouch. That's really unfortunate! I'm beginning to wonder about these timelines... are you a reapplicant by any chance?
P.S
No status change so far either...
No, first time. 3.7+ GPA, 30+ MCAT, OOS.
Wow, they must have really been on the fence with you. Perhaps you actually will get an II this cycle? We know for a fact that people get off the hold in some cases.No, first time. 3.7+ GPA, 30+ MCAT, OOS.
I've been complete since 7/16 (I checked my spreadsheet - not 7/17 as I mentioned before), so I'm waiting eternally too.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was complete at the very beginning of July and still haven't heard any news. Feeling a little hopeless.
I was complete July 8, and was placed on hold Aug 15 (~6 weeks). I don't think anyone has waited longer than me for a status change.
so is a hold placement pretty much a rejection?
so is a hold placement pretty much a rejection?
For absolutely everyone no... For
Most yes (coming from someone with a hold status) 🙁
For absolutely everyone no... For
Most yes (coming from someone with a hold status) 🙁
GW accepts an extremely small percentage of their applicants. This means that the vast majority of students will be rejected from there. I don't think a hold is a soft rejection of any kind, it's just not an immediate II. It's definitely better than an outright rejection because it still means you have a chance. Focus on the positive guys!
Hm, I don't know much about the hold status this late in the cycle, but I know that many of the holds earlier on received IIs. So keep your head up guys, you never know!