You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
5
504196
I'm interviewing at georgetown in September. I've been on hold at GW since the beginning of July. Is it worth it to email them that I'll be in the area in September? I have heard of people doing this from browsing the other threads. Or should I just patiently keep waiting?
school website says to complete the file, we need to send in 3 letters of rec. Is it acceptable to send more? I have about 2 more letters that I think will really help my chances.
opinions on this?
opinions on this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can answer that one for you!! I went on the medical college tour and they explained the classes were condensed to 1.5 years instead of 2 so you would start the clinical experience earlier on the middle of the second year, it will be their first years doing that so they don't have any logistics on it but classes are not mandatory and I am pretty sure they are uploaded online!Does anyone have any insight into if George Washington has mandatory lectures? I know they revamped the curriculum starting this year, but I haven't exactly been able to find what that means.
Also, the grading scheme is H/P/F, right?
Sorry!! Forgot the answer the second part:Does anyone have any insight into if George Washington has mandatory lectures? I know they revamped the curriculum starting this year, but I haven't exactly been able to find what that means.
Also, the grading scheme is H/P/F, right?
Pre-clinical: Honors, Pass, Conditional, Fail
Clinical: Honors, High Pass, Pass, Conditional, Fail
Semi chronological order of how the revised curriculum goes:
December year 2: Pre=clinical curriculum concludes
Winter Break
2 Months of prep e completion of Step 1 exam
Early March year 2: clinical years begin
Hope this helps 🙂
Sorry!! Forgot the answer the second part:
Pre-clinical: Honors, Pass, Conditional, Fail
Clinical: Honors, High Pass, Pass, Conditional, Fail
Semi chronological order of how the revised curriculum goes:
December year 2: Pre=clinical curriculum concludes
Winter Break
2 Months of prep e completion of Step 1 exam
Early March year 2: clinical years begin
Hope this helps 🙂
Thanks!
Hold since first week of July, no movement since. Slightly above average numbers for GW and average ECs. Should I start thinking about a letter of interest?
I think it might be a bit early for that
D
deleted380953
When were you complete? They won't begin to review your file until the letters are in, so submission date means nothing.
I submitted on 7/8, was complete on 7/17, and have your same status. Three weeks in means nothing.
Yea I totally forgot that I wasn't verified until 7/16.
Little bit relieved now
Placed on hold as well. Complete 7/16 Goodbye 125$ sniff sniff

Were you all updated through email or did you have to check the website?
I think holds do not get emails. At least I didn't.
On hold. Probably happened today, but I'm not sure when the last time I checked was.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh, I guess I checked yesterday and posted on this thread as well. LOL
Oh, I guess I checked yesterday and posted on this thread as well. LOL

But welcome to the hold family! Some people are bound to get IIs later on from the hold list. Let's hope we do!

But welcome to the hold family! Some people are bound to get IIs later on from the hold list. Let's hope we do!![]()
I hope you're right! On hold today as well. Was really excited about this school. 🙁
I received a hold in early July. I wonder whether they re-review our apps in the order they sent out holds. Or whether they just pull randomly from the hold pool when re-reviewing apps.![]()
I would like to think that the ADCOM wouldn't leave something so important to chance. They probably have some sort of ranking or pool system in place to separate out the holds and it sucks we don't know if we are in the "Soon to be rejected" or "Interview Waitlist" pool. But then again that's just my opinion, I may be completely wrong on this.
Could you tell us when you were complete?Oh, I guess I checked yesterday and posted on this thread as well. LOL
7/14Could you tell us when you were complete?
Thank you. I was complete on 7/17, so I'll hear something next week, I think. Like a previous poster said, no tears just holds.7/14
Small-pooled as of yesterday
Did GW 'recruit' any of you all? I would get emails and packets in the mail from time to time from them so I decided to apply. I do not have the greatest stats but figured if they would send me things in the mail unsolicited, they must be somewhat interested.
Not me. Just Vanderbilt and Washington University in St. Louis.Did GW 'recruit' any of you all? I would get emails and packets in the mail from time to time from them so I decided to apply. I do not have the greatest stats but figured if they would send me things in the mail unsolicited, they must be somewhat interested.
Joined the "on hold" community 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On hold. :[
OMG I so want to eat cupcakes right now!!! My last secondary is killing me!!!! I agree with you, my inbox is too empty!! Show me some love too!PS @whitecupcake , your avatar is making me want to go on a massive baking spree to distract myself from the emptiness that is my email inbox (come on schoolsshow me some love)
See you there.I am scheduled for an interview September 4th. This is my first Interview Invite!
I was complete around 7/21 and noticed a "on hold for re-review" status today (no email notification) 

How do you know application's complete? Secondary "received" jul 11, but does that mean complete?
I believe this is the status they give on your Secondary Application Portal when you have finished submitting EVERYTHING.
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed.
I was complete around 7/21 and noticed a "on hold for re-review" status today (no email notification)![]()
Yeah, they don't send an email if you're placed on hold

PS, I love your avatar! That's such a cute movie!
Same here! You're not alone...I've been complete since 7/17, and still no change in status.... Purgatory....
Hi everyone. Anyone have an interview at GW for 9/16?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks very much, it says that now, I was waiting on an LORI believe this is the status they give on your Secondary Application Portal when you have finished submitting EVERYTHING.
Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed.
Complete: 7/19
Hold: 8/12
=O
No e-mail by the way.
Hold: 8/12
=O
No e-mail by the way.
D
deleted380953
Hold. Complete on 7/17
Is it a bad sign?
Is it a bad sign?
"No maximum number of letters"...though MSAR says 5, and their website also says 5? What do y'all make of this? I might send them 1 or 2 more LoRs then...=)
https://www.facebook.com/gwmedadmissions
https://www.facebook.com/gwmedadmissions
Me as well. Congrats to you both!See you there.

show me some love)