You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! Complete the first week of JulyCongrats!! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?
It looks like they've got a 3 week turnaround time from what folks have been posting here.
How long is it taking for them to get back to you with interview invites after you submit your secondary? Also, those of you getting interview invites, do you have all your letters submitted already?
Shhh no tears, only holds now.
Submitted secondary: 7/8
On hold: 7/30
Interview invite: TBA
Submitted secondary: 7/8
On hold: 7/30
Interview invite: TBA
How does one find their status? ...Im just waiting and waiting
Submitted 15 days ago, still on complete. I guess I shud expectto hear something next week!
Submitted 15 days ago, still on complete. I guess I shud expectto hear something next week!
That seems to be the trend, next week is when we should start seeing a lot more movement. Well hopefully!

Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee does its best to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be several weeks until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
what does this status mean?
what does this status mean?
It just means that they're in the process of reviewing your application. No decision has been made yet (not a hold).Your file is now complete. At this point we have received all the necessary credentials including your secondary application and your letters of recommendation in order for your application to be reviewed. While the committee does its best to review applications in a timely manner, please be aware that in order to do a thorough review of your file it may be several weeks until you hear from us again. We greatly appreciate your patience during the application process. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal.
what does this status mean?
Has the consensus been the hold status is not a good thing? or has it still been a precursor to an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has the consensus been the hold status is not a good thing? or has it still been a precursor to an interview?
I've been on hold since the first week of July, for what it's worth.
I've been on hold since the first week of July, for what it's worth.
oh i see, shoot
alright, i guess it just means to hope for the best
New on this thread. I never post but love to read!!! Just checked my status, this is what it said. Any idea if this is a good or bad status?
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from September through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from September through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
New on this thread. I never post but love to read!!! Just checked my status, this is what it said. Any idea if this is a good or bad status?
Your application to The George Washington University School of Medicine & Health Sciences is complete and has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. To date, no final decision has been made and the Admissions Committee has placed your application on hold for re-review at a later date. Files are re-reviewed by the committee periodically and there is no set schedule for decisions. We do interview from September through March. Please feel free to update your file during this time using the GW Admissions Portal. If we require any further documentation or if your status changes, we will contact you immediately. We do sincerely appreciate your interest in our program. Thank you for your patience.
Hey, when were you complete?
I was complete on July 12th.Hey, when were you complete?
I was complete on July 12th.
I'm not to sure when I was complete, but I submitted on 7/10. I haven't had my status change though.
For everyone on hold, I grabbed this off their fb page
3. Have you ever been convicted of, plead guilty, or plead no lo contendere (i.e., no contest, I do not wish to contend) to a criminal offense? Have you ever been arrested for a felony or misdemeanor? If yes, please provide a description here: (500 characters)
4. Did you indicate that you were the recipient of any institutional action on your AMCAS application? If yes, please provide a description here: (500 characters)
6.Please provide the Admissions Committee with a brief summary of your activities, academics, employment or other occupations to account for full-time activity (approx. 30-40 hours/week) for the 2014-2015 application cycle, or from the point of application through matriculation in 2015. (750 characters)
7. What is your most significant achievement outside the classroom? (750 characters)
8. What makes you a unique individual? What challenges have you faced? How will these factors help you contribute to the diversity of the student body at GW? (1000 characters)
9. What is your specific interest in the MD Program at GW? What opportunities would you take advantage of as a student here? Why? (2000 characters)
I believe they're the same as last year's.
excuse me if this is a stupid question, but are these all of the prompts? it seems like some numbers are missing (ie it goes 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9)
excuse me if this is a stupid question, but are these all of the prompts? it seems like some numbers are missing (ie it goes 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Yes. The ones left out are simple questions like "will you have completed the prerequisites prior to matriculating?"
oh thanks
Just visited D.C.! It feels so real, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I wish I could fast forward and just get that ii
My AMCAS application was processed on July 22nd and I still have not received a secondary from George Washington. I have gotten secondaries from the other 16 schools I have applied to. Should I contact their admissions office?
Yes. They should have sent it to you before your app was even verified.
so have people either been put on hold or received an II? no rejections?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or had no status change at all since submitting way back on the 16th
+1
I submitted on 7/12 and haven't had a status change. I expect I'll get a status change (crossing my fingers for no hold) this week. That's just a guess though
Submitted 7/17 but all letters finished 7/27. Haven't heard from them either. No news is better than bad news haha!
Recruitment email received today.
+1
Recruitment email received today.
Same. My heart nearly stopped when it popped up...
What is a recruitment email+2
... recruitment email that is
What is a recruitment email
It's for those who elected to release their MCAT scores after their exam. Med schools send it out to high scorers and/or URMs.
I got that same email and was so excited for the second it took to open it and then I realized it wasn't an II. I sent an update today though so I'm hoping that might improve my chances.
Same hereGot put on hold this morning 🙁
My file hasn't even been reviewed yet and it's been like three weeks.
My file hasn't even been reviewed yet and it's been like three weeks.
I have a feeling you'll hear something this week then. It seems like they're looking through applications from about 3 weeks ago
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today!!!!
Posted using SDN Mobile
When were you complete?
7/14When were you complete?