2014-2015 Stony Brook University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any current students doing Stony Brook's combined MD/MBA program who can talk more about it? (e.g., what the curriculum is like, flexibility, whether to take business classes before med school or after, SBU college of business reputation, combined degree application process, etc.?) The website only touches on these things and I'd like to hear somebody's own perspective on it/personal experience

Members don't see this ad.

To current students: Is Stony grad housing really that bad? It seems cheaper than off campus housing seeing as how it includes utilities. At least Chapin seems cheaper.

To current students: Is Stony grad housing really that bad? It seems cheaper than off campus housing seeing as how it includes utilities. At least Chapin seems cheaper.
yeah it seems like Chapin is cheaper but idk why the majority of students live off grounds

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from this beautiful school. Goodluck guys

For those who need to fulfill course requirements prior to matriculation: where have you looked at/where are you looking at to fulfill these requirements? I'm traveling a bit over the summer so I would prefer online courses. I've been searching but it seems like most summer 1st semester classes have started and 2nd semester classes end after the first day of med school, and I believe we need to fulfill the requirements before then… Please let me know if you have any advice/suggestions, thanks in advance!! I'm looking to take an introductory Statistics course and right now I've only found a 300-level course at CSU that ends a couple of days before med school starts.

Reactions: 1 user
@TTTW Berkley and American U have Introductory Stats. They end within the week when school starts.

For those who need to fulfill course requirements prior to matriculation: where have you looked at/where are you looking at to fulfill these requirements? I'm traveling a bit over the summer so I would prefer online courses. I've been searching but it seems like most summer 1st semester classes have started and 2nd semester classes end after the first day of med school, and I believe we need to fulfill the requirements before then… Please let me know if you have any advice/suggestions, thanks in advance!! I'm looking to take an introductory Statistics course and right now I've only found a 300-level course at CSU that ends a couple of days before med school starts.

I am taking an online pre-req at Oregon State University that was acceptable with the admissions committee and it ends a month before classes start. Check if you can find a statistics class there and before enrolling, verify with the committee that it's okay by sending an e-mail with the course description/webpage.

Thank you also, @ShowandTell!! Does your class happen to be ST 201 Principles of Statistics?

Anyone know when we should expect our financial aid packages along with any awards?

Awards have already been given out. Third and fourth years get their financial aid packages at the end of June. 1st years get theirs some time after that

Accepted off regular wait list last Friday. First acceptance, will be attending. In state.

Reactions: 2 users