2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!
What exactly did the email say?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!
As someone who was just placed on the “waitlist” and them saying it was ranked and confidential this is confusing to me, but I’m sure if it’s true you’re probably getting in

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I see absolutely no info online about there being a completely separate high priority waitlist for stony brook, this makes no sense to me but I def feel like I’m not getting in now :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Stony Brook uses HPWL?? Damn.. it looks like I got placed on the regular WL 😔

+1 for HPWL, email received at 10:30am EST. OOS with IS ties, LM 77, interviewed mid January.

+1 for HPWL, email received at 10:30am EST. OOS with IS ties, LM 77, interviewed mid January.
Maybe they are doing it this year then? It's just weird because during my interview (the welcome part), they said no HPWLs this year and said the same thing with that scheduled Zoom about a week later

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe they are doing it this year then? It's just weird because during my interview (the welcome part), they said no HPWLs this year and said the same thing with that scheduled Zoom about a week later

And not a single person has reported being on the HPWL until today

It really don’t matter. People get off from both. If Stony Brook was meant to be, it will happen. But I do agree, I had many adcom responses reiterating that there won’t be a hpwl.

Did anyone go to accepted students day on April 10th and wanna share the agenda? From the email they just tell you that you will be there from 11 to 4

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew A just now! This was a really tough school to say no to

Good luck to the Stony Brook Class of 2027!!!

• Care
Withdrew my A just now! Good luck to you all!! :)

• Care
The accepted students haven’t been added to a facebook group but there’s an unofficial groupme!

Does stony Brook not have scholarships we can apply to?
No, Stony only has need based scholarships (which will be interesting next year as the 2024-25 FAFSA is getting rid of parental information entirely)

• Wow
Released my A. Hope it goes to someone who needs it!!!! Good luck!
sorry if this is a silly question but how do you do that? Do you just email the admissions office? or do you just withdraw on the secondary application portal? Also how do you get your deposit back?

sorry if this is a silly question but how do you do that? Do you just email the admissions office? or do you just withdraw on the secondary application portal? Also how do you get your deposit back?
You have to withdraw via email. I got an email within 5 mins confirming that I am now withdrawn and they were super nice in their email

Has anyone calculated the estimated IS total tuition over the 4 years and the estimated IS total COA? They have no information on that, it’s hard to compare schools financially without that info.

Has anyone calculated the estimated IS total tuition over the 4 years and the estimated IS total COA? They have no information on that, it’s hard to compare schools financially without that info.

It is on msar

Hey guys is it too late to fill out fafsa and CSS not just for scholarships but specifically loans as well? And are class exams NBME? Thanks so much!

Why does stony Brook have such a high Median mcat score for a state public school?

Does Stony only have a CTE deadline or do we have to pick PTE today?

Withdrew my A today, was a really tough decision hope it goes to one of you!!

Anyone have information on housing? Anyone looking for roommates? Does SB do anything for incoming students to find potential roommates?

Why does stony Brook have such a high Median mcat score for a state public school?
NY has many state schools, the MCAT score is high bc in NY it is one of the most diffucult states to get into med school due to # of applicants and # of schools. so applicants may aim to have higher than avg mcat scores to be competitve. are state schools supposed to have low mcat scores? they also accept international and Oos Students

Reactions: 2 users
Was the high-priority list confirmed? I remember a few weeks ago people said they were on HPWL but admissions said they weren't doing that this year

Did anyone else get an email from Stony Brook about being an incoming student and setting up their campus card? I haven't received any communication from the office saying I was off the WL lol

• Wow
I just withdrew my A, hopefully it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone <3