You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stony Brook
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Have there been any A’s lately?
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the 3ymd program after the application closed?
When does the application close?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It closed at the end of February. It was only open to admitted students.When does the application close?
FloatingAbyss
Full Member
It closed at the end of February. It was only open to admitted students.
Rip does that mean those of us in post II limbo or on waitlists are for sure out of the running or do they also have open applications during M1 year?
It means that you will have to apply to any unfilled spots during your M1 year. I would double check with this link: 3YMD FAQ | Renaissance School of Medicine at Stony Brook UniversityRip does that mean those of us in post II limbo or on waitlists are for sure out of the running or do they also have open applications during M1 year?
I saw that there had been acceptances given in mid march last year so I assume that we’re not for sure out of the running?Rip does that mean those of us in post II limbo or on waitlists are for sure out of the running or do they also have open applications during M1 year?
I saw that there had been acceptances given in mid march last year so I assume that we’re not for sure out of the running?
Yeah I think they are talking about the 3 Years MD program not the regular (4 years) program
Yeah. I think the reason they asked is: if 3YMD is only open to accepted students, and closed at end of Feb, does that mean they already have selected their accepted class?Yeah I think they are talking about the 3 Years MD program not the regular (4 years) program
Every school has waitlists so noYeah. I think the reason they asked is: if 3YMD is only open to accepted students, and closed at end of Feb, does that mean they already have selected their accepted class?
Sorry, I meant: past end of February, would that mean that all applicants who haven't heard back yet are either WL-ed or rejected?Every school has waitlists so no
D
deleted1156661
hopefully some decisions come out this week!
I hope so too [emoji1691]
showkayaker
Full Member
Hi, for anyone awaiting a decision I came across these notes from my interview day:
What happens after an interview
- Patience is a virtue
- Committee will take 6-8 weeks to make final decision on candidacy
- Accepted (you get an email with acceptance info), Waitlist (Don’t get to waitlist until May, 25% of matriculants come from waitlist), Not offered a seat
- Encourage an open line of communication, they want you to keep them updated
- Really important updates - upload in AMP portal and also email to general email address
- A letter of intent will not change your status at the school
- If the committee has yet to make a decision and you have just got a publication, or won a major award, then update them
What happens after an interview
- Patience is a virtue
- Committee will take 6-8 weeks to make final decision on candidacy
- Accepted (you get an email with acceptance info), Waitlist (Don’t get to waitlist until May, 25% of matriculants come from waitlist), Not offered a seat
- Encourage an open line of communication, they want you to keep them updated
- Really important updates - upload in AMP portal and also email to general email address
- A letter of intent will not change your status at the school
- If the committee has yet to make a decision and you have just got a publication, or won a major award, then update them
What if we update with a publication or award, are waitlisted and then have nothing to further update on once we've already sent the letter of interest? Is it not best to wait for a post-II WL to send updates?Hi, for anyone awaiting a decision I came across these notes from my interview day:
What happens after an interview
- Patience is a virtue
- Committee will take 6-8 weeks to make final decision on candidacy
- Accepted (you get an email with acceptance info), Waitlist (Don’t get to waitlist until May, 25% of matriculants come from waitlist), Not offered a seat
- Encourage an open line of communication, they want you to keep them updated
- Really important updates - upload in AMP portal and also email to general email address
- A letter of intent will not change your status at the school
- If the committee has yet to make a decision and you have just got a publication, or won a major award, then update them
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
deepseafishguy
Full Member
anybody else interview feb 2 and checking their email 24/7?
early January 😢anybody else interview feb 2 and checking their email 24/7?
indierock_catguy
New Member
Feb 3rd here, and yeah constantlyanybody else interview feb 2 and checking their email 24/7?
Just got the A! Interviewed 02/10
A at 2:29pm EST!!! Interviewed 2/6 and my first A!!!
indierock_catguy
New Member
Waitlisted, interviewed 02/03
deepseafishguy
Full Member
WL interviewed 2/2
Jimmy McGill
Full Member
WL 01/25
WL 1/10
Jimmy McGill
Full Member
Anyone know post wl chance of A?
WL 1/17
deepseafishguy
Full Member
Anyone know post wl chance of A?
According to MSAR, approx 300 ppl are put on WL, and 65 acceptances are offered. ~22%
doubledoc712
Full Member
Interviewed 1/13 and still no word 🙃
According to MSAR, approx 300 ppl are put on WL, and 65 acceptances are offered. ~22%
A couple might withdraw
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any current students at SBU know if MD students can switch into MSTP?
WholeMilk22
New Member
Welp, looks like more waiting for me 🙁
D
deleted1158476
A today OOS 2/6. Is there an accepted students groupme?
WholeMilk22
New Member
Any other 2022 interviewees still waiting on a decision?
interviewed in october and have heard nothingAny other 2022 interviewees still waiting on a decision?
Is the waitlist divided into HPWL and regular WL?
The response email I got from admissions confirmed that the waitlist is ranked, but that they keep it confidential. So, I would say there is just one waitlist, but there is a "priority" component to it since there is ranking. I really wish all schools were like Iowa who tells you what number on the waitlist you are. Would remove a lot of anxiety for people who don't have any acceptances and are hoping a waitlist might convert to an acceptance. But alas, that is the nature of the beast.
It’s just to secure your place, no need to commit until Maygot an A Friday! Does the deadline by 3/23 mean we have to commit to Stony Brook, or is just an email meaning we want to secure our place in the class?
post-II R today 🙁
Didn’t think they gave post-ii R
Here is the timeline for the Stony 3 year MD program! No interviews sent out until Monday and the interview period is pretty longdid any of the 3YMD applicants receive interviews? I know the last date to receive interviews is March 20th but wanted to check if anybody received anything before that1
- Now through March 20: Review applications, select students to interview, notify applicants and notify RSOM of decision to interview select students, schedule interviews
- March 20 - April 14: Interview 3YMD candidates
- April 17: Select students for the 3YMD program
- April 17: Notify RSOM of acceptance/non-acceptance of candidates
- May 1: Student deadline for committing to Stony Brook
Yeah, now that I reread it, the language could imply that interviews are already sent out. But the fact that no one has mentioned getting a 3 year interviews seems unlikely given the large number of residency programs participating.hey thanks @AstroSidekick! I received the same email as you but I understood that as interviews could be sent anytime till March 20th? Although at this point its just wondering without good reason~ we'll know by monday if anything is coming through
I’ll hope they send all the notification sometime soon and that Feb 28th to March 20th is the review period for the residency program.
JonoProBono
New Member
Hey! Was this an email to all applicants or did you reach out directly? I wasn't send this info😦Here is the timeline for the Stony 3 year MD program! No interviews sent out until Monday and the interview period is pretty long
- Now through March 20: Review applications, select students to interview, notify applicants and notify RSOM of decision to interview select students, schedule interviews
- March 20 - April 14: Interview 3YMD candidates
- April 17: Select students for the 3YMD program
- April 17: Notify RSOM of acceptance/non-acceptance of candidates
- May 1: Student deadline for committing to Stony Brook
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reached out directlyHey! Was this an email to all applicants or did you reach out directly? I wasn't send this info😦
Penguinfreezer
Full Member
Hard to find this info elsewhere so apologies if its been asked many times, but whats the letter of intent situation here? On the WL. Think I saw somewhere "a LOI will not affect status at the school", but would want to be sure about that before I do or don't write one up.
Am guessing that person meant sending a LOI before post-interview decision won’t affect outcome. But I am guessing once you are on the WL a genuine LOI is always helpful. I am on the WL too and sent one the same day.