2022-2023 Stony Brook

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
was notified by admin that 3ymd applications have just started review process and not to expect interviews for a week or so.

Honestly i should have learned by now med schools basically dont keep their dates for admissions in general šŸ˜‚ fool me once...
Fool me twice, can't put the blame on you

But the same boat. Waiting to hear back from the 3-year program as that is the only way I can rationalize attending Stony given my complicated situation
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I interviewed in mid February when should I expect to hear a decision? Would it be worth it to still send a letter of intent at this point to let them know they’re my top choice?
 
Hey sorry if that came off harsh. That was not my intention. I was just surprised because I haven’t seen a post-ii R in this forum before. Once again I apologize if it was not well received [emoji1545]
it's alright, good luck to you šŸ™‚
 
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be distributed? An earlier email from Fin Aid said the general awarding/notification timeline for medical students was in July... Is this accurate?
 
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be distributed? An earlier email from Fin Aid said the general awarding/notification timeline for medical students was in July... Is this accurate?
That same email includes that if you wanted an estimate given sometime in mid-April, what steps you should take (basically emailing them)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming 3YMD is done giving out interviews? It seems a bit late to do so now given the 4/15 deadline for narrowing schools
 
Last edited:
I'm assuming 3YMD is done giving out interviews? It seems a bit to do so now given the 4/15 deadline for narrowing schools
Do you know if anyone has even gotten an interview for that program? I don't know a single person that has gotten an interview for the 3YMD lol
 
Do you know if anyone has even gotten an interview for that program? I don't know a single person that has gotten an interview for the 3YMD lol
Nope. But this thread has been silent lately which makes me think some may have already heard and stopped making posts. Just speculation tho haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
called admissions last week - they said most people will hear back middle of may if they interviewed from january onward
 
called admissions last week - they said most people will hear back middle of may if they interviewed from january onward
i thought most med schools tended to get back to you by the end of April with an initial admissions decision (A/WL/R), so its crazy that stony brook takes this long...
 
Ty, glad the wait won’t be that excruciatingly long then. But is that only if ur accepted, like do they reject waitlist applicants before July/August?
That Idk about, but I know when I applied 2 years ago, I didn't get rejected until August but that's just me
 
I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!
 
Has anyone else been told they’re on the high priority waitlist? I wasn’t aware they were doing that this year
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email this morning that I was placed on the high priority waitlist after interviewing in February. Does anyone know historically how likely these translate to eventual acceptances? Hoping for my first A!
As someone who was just placed on the ā€œwaitlistā€ and them saying it was ranked and confidential this is confusing to me, but I’m sure if it’s true you’re probably getting in