2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II r

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the A, and I interviewed on 1/17 as well! Super fast turn-around!

Reactions: 2 users
also got the A today, IS interviewed 1/10

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Soooo I was complete mid July, interviewed in very early November. Was told 6-8 weeksish to hear back. Have heard nothing still. I sent an update/ letter of intent mid January, and they replied quickly saying it’s been added to my file but no decision still (it’s been 15 weeks) Any advice or similar stories? I’m going crazy waiting and I’m getting to the point where I have to start making decisions about other life stuff that I can’t make without knowing.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Soooo I was complete mid July, interviewed in very early November. Was told 6-8 weeksish to hear back. Have heard nothing still. I sent an update/ letter of intent mid January, and they replied quickly saying it’s been added to my file but no decision still (it’s been 15 weeks) Any advice or similar stories? I’m going crazy waiting and I’m getting to the point where I have to start making decisions about other life stuff that I can’t make without knowing.
ive been waiting since december 2nd, asked in january when i would hear back and was told I will hear back when a decision is made

• Haha
ive been waiting since december 2nd, asked in january when i would hear back and was told I will hear back when a decision is made
They have been pretty sassy to me via email too when I ask questions. Glad it is a universal experience

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-II R email received 2/10. complete 8/13. OOS

• Care
For those who got accepted, did you send in an LOI and thank you letters? If so, did you send it to their email like they asked or just upload it yourself?

For those who got accepted, did you send in an LOI and thank you letters? If so, did you send it to their email like they asked or just upload it yourself?
Did not send LOI or thank you letters. Good luck to all!!

Anyone who interviewed and is still waiting to hear back? If yes, when did you interview?

I have my interview coming up soon. I have the itinerary email and it just shows my two interviews dates & times. Am I missing anything -- i.e., the two interviews are the only things I attend? My other interviews have had some sort of welcome session attached to them, from the way this reads, it seems like I just log on for the interviews, and that's that?

I much prefer it this way, I just want to confirm that it is this format!

I have my interview coming up soon. I have the itinerary email and it just shows my two interviews dates & times. Am I missing anything -- i.e., the two interviews are the only things I attend? My other interviews have had some sort of welcome session attached to them, from the way this reads, it seems like I just log on for the interviews, and that's that?

I much prefer it this way, I just want to confirm that it is this format!
yes

does anyone know if any more interview invites are coming out? :(

some people have heard back within a month and others nothing for four months - is there any idea when next decisions will be released?

tomorrow will make 12 weeks post interview with nothing back yet lol. Hopefully they send something

Are decisions supposed to come out today or smthn?
Not especially, but it seems like they're steadily releasing decisions and some people are hearing back after several months. I'm 6 weeks post interview, so I'm just feeling the pressure

Anyone know how long it takes to hear back from the 3ymd program after the application closed?