You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Seems like acceptances haven't gone out yet...Has anyone been accepted this month?
Does anyone who has been accepted have a "pre-matriculation" tab on AMP? I got an email today giving me my username and password for MyTCMC and empower but it also referenced the pre-matriculation tab on AMP as a source for important information. When I was first accepted I had that tab but shortly after it vanished
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone who has been accepted have a "pre-matriculation" tab on AMP? I got an email today giving me my username and password for MyTCMC and empower but it also referenced the pre-matriculation tab on AMP as a source for important information. When I was first accepted I had that tab but shortly after it vanished
I got the same email today about the MyTCMC log in stuff but still no pre-matriculation tab. I was worried back in October when that pre-matriculation tab disappeared and emailed them to see what was up. They said it was the one from last year and ours wasn't ready to go up yet. Looking at past threads, it seems like the pre-matriculation tab goes up sometime in mid to late march so I'm hoping to see it soon!
Cool, glad you emailed them! Stuff like that just makes my neurotic mind reel.I got the same email today about the MyTCMC log in stuff but still no pre-matriculation tab. I was worried back in October when that pre-matriculation tab disappeared and emailed them to see what was up. They said it was the one from last year and ours wasn't ready to go up yet. Looking at past threads, it seems like the pre-matriculation tab goes up sometime in mid to late march so I'm hoping to see it soon!
Does anybody know if parents come to the revisit day or is it just students and sig. others?
Any good news today?
Any news period? Good or bad?Any good news today?
Any good news today?
Doesn't seem like it. 🙁
Also for some reason it seems like there are more people on deferred list then on accepted list. But I do wonder if the deferred list is ranked in some sort of way :/
Doesn't seem like it. 🙁
Also for some reason it seems like there are more people on deferred list then on accepted list. But I do wonder if the deferred list is ranked in some sort of way :/
People on the deffered list are looked at every time the committee meets. Once interviews are all over, the deffered list rolls over to a waitlist and I'm sure ranking happens then.
Doesn't seem like it. 🙁
Also for some reason it seems like there are more people on deferred list then on accepted list. But I do wonder if the deferred list is ranked in some sort of way :/
I'm suprised at the amout of deferals this year. At least last year you saw the transition to acceptance now it just seems like a huge chunk of us are in in med school purgatory.
at this point I'm just counting down the days until April 30th. hopefully movement at all these programs will start then
I wonder why they decided to change their strategy this year....I'm suprised at the amout of deferals this year. At least last year you saw the transition to acceptance now it just seems like a huge chunk of us are in in med school purgatory.
I wonder why they decided to change their strategy this year....
I'm not surprised since it's a new school...they might still be establishing how they want to do things. Plus, I'm sure getting more applicants this season (+ accreditation) has something to do with it.
Perhaps match preparation/ festivities delayed acceptances this week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-matriculation tab was updated. Looks like they're concentrating on the match and getting other things up to date.
Good luck all!
Good luck all!
Here's the unofficial match list for 2015 (without corresponding prelims for advanced/PGY2 programs):
Anesthesia
1) Yale
2) Penn State Hershey Medical Center
3) Temple University Hospital
4) SUNY Stony Brook
5) U Rochester
Derm
1) Geisinger Health System
EM
1) U Conn SOM
2) Hackensack U. Medical Center, NJ
3) U New Mexico COM
FM
1) Lancaster General (2)
2) Wright Center for GME, PA (2)
Gen Surg
1) Geisinger Health System
2) Eastern Virginia SOM
3) Grand Strand Medical Center, SC
4) UCLA
5) Drexel COM
IM
1) Lankenau Medical Center, PA (2)
2) UT Galveston
3) Cooper University (2)
4) Icahn SOM St. Luke's Roosevelt
5) Temple University Medical Center
6) Loma Linda University, CA
7) Penn State Hershey
8) North Shore LIJ
9) Danbury Hospital, CT
10) U Iowa
11) Johns Hopkins
12) VCU
13) NYU (primary care track)
14) Dartmouth Medical Center
15) Guthrie-Robert Packer, PA
Med-Derm
1) U. Minnesota
Neuro
1) Weill-Cornell Medical Center
Ob-Gyn
1) North Shore-LIJ
2) Boston U.
3) Lankenau Medical Center, PA
4) Rutgers RWJ
5) Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
6) Temple University
Ophtho
1) Drexel COM
Ortho
1) NEOMED, OH (2)
2) LSU Shreveport
3) U. Rochester
Peds
1) Yale
2) OHSU
3) U Maryland
4) UC Davis
5) NEOMED, OH
6) U Conn
Plastic Surgery (integrated)
1) Rutgers
PM&R
1) Penn State Hershey
Prelim Surgery
1) Albany Medical Center
2) York Hospital
3) Brown University
4) Baystate Medical Center, MA
Psych
1) UCSF-Fresno
2) USF COM
Radiology
1) Dartmouth Medical Center
Transitional
1) Madigan Army Medical Center
2) Lehigh Valley Hospital
Urology
1) Rutgers-RWJ
Anesthesia
1) Yale
2) Penn State Hershey Medical Center
3) Temple University Hospital
4) SUNY Stony Brook
5) U Rochester
Derm
1) Geisinger Health System
EM
1) U Conn SOM
2) Hackensack U. Medical Center, NJ
3) U New Mexico COM
FM
1) Lancaster General (2)
2) Wright Center for GME, PA (2)
Gen Surg
1) Geisinger Health System
2) Eastern Virginia SOM
3) Grand Strand Medical Center, SC
4) UCLA
5) Drexel COM
IM
1) Lankenau Medical Center, PA (2)
2) UT Galveston
3) Cooper University (2)
4) Icahn SOM St. Luke's Roosevelt
5) Temple University Medical Center
6) Loma Linda University, CA
7) Penn State Hershey
8) North Shore LIJ
9) Danbury Hospital, CT
10) U Iowa
11) Johns Hopkins
12) VCU
13) NYU (primary care track)
14) Dartmouth Medical Center
15) Guthrie-Robert Packer, PA
Med-Derm
1) U. Minnesota
Neuro
1) Weill-Cornell Medical Center
Ob-Gyn
1) North Shore-LIJ
2) Boston U.
3) Lankenau Medical Center, PA
4) Rutgers RWJ
5) Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
6) Temple University
Ophtho
1) Drexel COM
Ortho
1) NEOMED, OH (2)
2) LSU Shreveport
3) U. Rochester
Peds
1) Yale
2) OHSU
3) U Maryland
4) UC Davis
5) NEOMED, OH
6) U Conn
Plastic Surgery (integrated)
1) Rutgers
PM&R
1) Penn State Hershey
Prelim Surgery
1) Albany Medical Center
2) York Hospital
3) Brown University
4) Baystate Medical Center, MA
Psych
1) UCSF-Fresno
2) USF COM
Radiology
1) Dartmouth Medical Center
Transitional
1) Madigan Army Medical Center
2) Lehigh Valley Hospital
Urology
1) Rutgers-RWJ
BeautifulHere's the unofficial match list for 2015 (without corresponding prelims for advanced/PGY2 programs):
Anesthesia
1) Yale
2) Penn State Hershey Medical Center
3) Temple University Hospital
4) SUNY Stony Brook
5) U Rochester
Derm
1) Geisinger Health System
EM
1) U Conn SOM
2) Hackensack U. Medical Center, NJ
3) U New Mexico COM
FM
1) Lancaster General (2)
2) Wright Center for GME, PA (2)
Gen Surg
1) Geisinger Health System
2) Eastern Virginia SOM
3) Grand Strand Medical Center, SC
4) UCLA
5) Drexel COM
IM
1) Lankenau Medical Center, PA (2)
2) UT Galveston
3) Cooper University (2)
4) Icahn SOM St. Luke's Roosevelt
5) Temple University Medical Center
6) Loma Linda University, CA
7) Penn State Hershey
8) North Shore LIJ
9) Danbury Hospital, CT
10) U Iowa
11) Johns Hopkins
12) VCU
13) NYU (primary care track)
14) Dartmouth Medical Center
15) Guthrie-Robert Packer, PA
Med-Derm
1) U. Minnesota
Neuro
1) Weill-Cornell Medical Center
Ob-Gyn
1) North Shore-LIJ
2) Boston U.
3) Lankenau Medical Center, PA
4) Rutgers RWJ
5) Monmouth Medical Center, NJ
6) Temple University
Ophtho
1) Drexel COM
Ortho
1) NEOMED, OH (2)
2) LSU Shreveport
3) U. Rochester
Peds
1) Yale
2) OHSU
3) U Maryland
4) UC Davis
5) NEOMED, OH
6) U Conn
Plastic Surgery (integrated)
1) Rutgers
PM&R
1) Penn State Hershey
Prelim Surgery
1) Albany Medical Center
2) York Hospital
3) Brown University
4) Baystate Medical Center, MA
Psych
1) UCSF-Fresno
2) USF COM
Radiology
1) Dartmouth Medical Center
Transitional
1) Madigan Army Medical Center
2) Lehigh Valley Hospital
Urology
1) Rutgers-RWJ
EDIT: I'm surprised that only 4 people matched FM given the school's emphasis on primary care.
Last edited:
I had the same thought till I saw the internal med numbers. One can also go into primary care through internal med specialty, and those numbers for them, is very high (note, one person even has primary care track explicitly written)Beautiful
EDIT: I'm surprised that only 4 people matched FM given the school's emphasis on primary care.
I hope to god that isn't the case >.< I interviewed in February and it would suck if the calls was full.Anyone think that the class may be full at this point considering no March acceptances (that we know of) went out?
Anyone think that the class may be full at this point considering no March acceptances (that we know of) went out?
I doubt it. They interviewed me and about 15 other people off the II waitlist a week and a half ago and said it was their last interview day. That wouldn't make sense for them to have an interview day mid-March if they knew they'd already given out enough acceptances to fill the class.
Since they say 6-8 weeks, I'm guessing/hoping that they're just on the slow side for responses by these rounds later in the cycle.
+1I hope to god that isn't the case >.< I interviewed in February and it would suck if the calls was full.
Is this school's process to defer rather than waitlist?
YesIs this school's process to defer rather than waitlist?
Those who are deferred will be placed on an official waitlist, accepted or denied mid April. (Based on last year)
Good to know. Thanks!Those who are deferred will be placed on an official waitlist, accepted or denied mid April. (Based on last year)
just got an email that says i'm alternate listed. I was previously deferred ~2 or 3 weeks ago.
I just got an email saying I was placed on the alternate list, was previously in the deferred group. Does anyone know anything about this alternate list or if this is good or bad? They said it is their policy to not disclose what number anyone is on the list...
4
483687
I just got an email about being on the alternate list also :/ I hate this. More waiting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, we are gonna have to wait till after April 30th
Just got the alternate list email as well, and I was deferred in November.
It really blows that there was pretty much NO movement from the deferred group this year (at least from the sdn sample size until now).
I hope there is a lot more movement from the alternate list pool at least
It really blows that there was pretty much NO movement from the deferred group this year (at least from the sdn sample size until now).
I hope there is a lot more movement from the alternate list pool at least
I just got put on the alternate list too and my heart nearly stopped. Is the alternate list better than deferred? Are we being slowly rejected?! Gaaaaaah
Hmm, so is it a bad thing if we didn't get that email and we are deferred since December?
At this point I no longer know what is good or bad...
Links regarding Alternate List...and what it means..
1. http://www.tcmc.edu/oth/Page.asp?PageID=OTH000158 (Look at month May & June 2015)
2. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...medical-college.1004703/page-16#post-15250079
3. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.895261/page-19#post-14129129
1. http://www.tcmc.edu/oth/Page.asp?PageID=OTH000158 (Look at month May & June 2015)
2. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...medical-college.1004703/page-16#post-15250079
3. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...plication-thread.895261/page-19#post-14129129
I would guess if you didn't get the email you have been either accepted or rejected and have yet to hear. I think they have now gotten rid of the deferred status and renamed it alternate.
Would those on this alternate list mind sharing their stats so we may get some idea where we stand?
28 mcat. 3.76 for both GPAs
Also placed on the alternate list... bummer.
29 MCAT, 3.85 Science, 3.54 Overall... anyone else?
Why not reject us an end the pain? There must be reasoning to this madness. Stay hopeful guys.
great, more waitlists...
also alternate list.
also alternate list.
Alternate list. 35 mcat. 3.8 gpa. OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got alternate listed today. Interviewed 3-12. Surprised on the quick response seeing as how they told me 6-8 weeks and everyone else seemed to have waited 8-10. I guess the season is coming to its close, though.
Along with most other people who interviewed on 3-12, I was pulled off the pre-interview hold list. 34 OOS.
Along with most other people who interviewed on 3-12, I was pulled off the pre-interview hold list. 34 OOS.
placed on the alternate list as well. deferred since November.
Did these emails all go out at the same time, or are they rolling in?
@peanutsnjuice @mmzy @farnell Did you guys hear anything back today?
It seems like most of the people who were on differed list or at least the ones posting about it on SDN have been simply transferred to Alternate List, which is apparently ranked. So I'm guessing if someone withdraws their acceptance from here an out..they will start pulling people from Alternate list based on their rank.
It seems like most of the people who were on differed list or at least the ones posting about it on SDN have been simply transferred to Alternate List, which is apparently ranked. So I'm guessing if someone withdraws their acceptance from here an out..they will start pulling people from Alternate list based on their rank.
Last edited: