You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone interviewed yet? And does anyone have any feedback if you have interviewed!? This is my first interview and I'm nervous! Want to know what to expect so any info would be great 🙂)))
Is anyone else interviewing here on September 29 and interested in sharing a room at the Radisson?
I'll take that action
Edit: If you don't mind sharing with a male that is...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II today! OOS and very excited! See you on October 3☺application compete 8/15
II too! Also OOS and complete on 8/11
I'll take that action
Edit: If you don't mind sharing with a male that is...
They have student hosts if you guys really want to save money! 🙂 I'm also interviewing the 29th and staying with a current medical student the night before.
They have student hosts if you guys really want to save money! 🙂 I'm also interviewing the 29th and staying with a current medical student the night before.
I completely forgot about this option. Thanks for the reminder!
No problem! This is my first interview! What are you guys doing to prepare besides reading every single thing on their website lolI completely forgot about this option. Thanks for the reminder!
II today! OOS and very excited! See you on October 3☺application compete 8/15
II too! Also OOS and complete on 8/11
Congratulations guys! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Was this all by email or status change? Thanks and congratulations!
I got an email letting me know- then I looked on the status page for the dates. MCAT 31. Undergraduate cGPA about 3.3, sGPA about 3.1. Graduate GPA about 3.7, with all classes being science classes. 1000+ hours clinical research and publications. URM.
Also- about staying with current students, where did you guys find that information?
Also- about staying with current students, where did you guys find that information?
I got an email letting me know- then I looked on the status page for the dates. MCAT 31. Undergraduate cGPA about 3.3, sGPA about 3.1. Graduate GPA about 3.7, with all classes being science classes. 1000+ hours clinical research and publications. URM.
Also- about staying with current students, where did you guys find that information?
If you click the link in the interview confirmation email, it gives you a person to contact after it gives you the option to view hotels and the itinerary and such. It says the email address to contact is [email protected] but they haven't responded to me yet, so not quite sure. Congrats on your II!
Lizzy M around 70, decent amount of research / volunteering
Last edited:
II by email!
II by email!
Congratulations! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/21/14Congratulations! When were you complete?
II this morning, IS, decent stats. Complete August 13th
Yeah I also e-mailed Jillian! She set me up with a really nice girl who is actually letting me stay two nights. Or else I would have gotten there at 11pm the night before my interview on the 29th. Excited to have a day to check out the city as I'm coming all the way from California 🙂If you click the link in the interview confirmation email, it gives you a person to contact after it gives you the option to view hotels and the itinerary and such. It says the email address to contact is [email protected] but they haven't responded to me yet, so not quite sure. Congrats on your II!
Hm. Guessing they're getting to mid august now. Crossing my fingers!
II yesterday! IS and secondary complete August 8th but MCAT retake score sent September 2nd. I interview on November 8th because I can't make it for a weekday. Make sure to post what the interview is like once people start going at the end of September. Good luck everyone!
Anyone know how soon we should expect acceptances.. last years thread they said the committee meets once a month. But people in Oct didnt find out till Dec. Anyone interview yet and hear anything about how long for a decision or if your interviewing soon can you ask. Or when the committee meets next etc. I interview 9/29 I can ask then just wondering if anyone knows yet.
4-6 weeks after your interview date.Anyone know how soon we should expect acceptances.. last years thread they said the committee meets once a month. But people in Oct didnt find out till Dec. Anyone interview yet and hear anything about how long for a decision or if your interviewing soon can you ask. Or when the committee meets next etc. I interview 9/29 I can ask then just wondering if anyone knows yet.
mehh...rejected this morning. complete 8/30. Good luck everyone!!
mehh...rejected this morning. complete 8/30. Good luck everyone!!
Wait, are you sure? I thought they don't reject until the end of the cycle...I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone has posted about rejections, yet. It may be that they have just begun the rejections!

Edit: Sorry, just saw a few previous rejections in this cycle.
Was it via email? This is the first school I applied to in early July and I haven't heard a word...
Wait, are you sure? I thought they don't reject until the end of the cycle...I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone has posted about rejections, yet. It may be that they have just begun the rejections!
Edit: Sorry, just saw a few previous rejections in this cycle.
Was it via email? This is the first school I applied to in early July and I haven't heard a word...
Has anyone else been complete for over 2 months with silence from Admissions? Curious to see whether they're doing some sort of HOLD procedure...
Yep, complete since 7/13. Chalking this one up as a rejection at this point.Has anyone else been complete for over 2 months with silence from Admissions? Curious to see whether they're doing some sort of HOLD procedure...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait, are you sure? I thought they don't reject until the end of the cycle...I may be mistaken, but I don't think anyone has posted about rejections, yet. It may be that they have just begun the rejections!
Edit: Sorry, just saw a few previous rejections in this cycle.
Was it via email? This is the first school I applied to in early July and I haven't heard a word...
That may be a good sign!! No news is good news, especially if others are getting rejected already
+1Yep, complete since 7/13. Chalking this one up as a rejection at this point.
Yep, complete since 7/13. Chalking this one up as a rejection at this point.
Why would you chalk it up as a rejection? People complete after you have been rejected. They must be holding your app for some reason...
In this boat.... UNTIL 10 MIN AGO!Has anyone else been complete for over 2 months with silence from Admissions? Curious to see whether they're doing some sort of HOLD procedure...
II, OOS, complete 7/11, II 9/19
29MCAT, 3.8Gpa
In this boat.... UNTIL 10 MIN AGO!
II, OOS, complete 7/11, II 9/19
29MCAT, 3.8Gpa
Yes! Congrats!! There's still hope for the rest of us early birds.
Did you check your spam folder? I remember others said thats where is went.II. No email sent to me but I just checked my status for the first time in two weeks and there it was. OOS. Going to request time around Thanksgiving if possible.
Did you check your spam folder? I remember others said thats where is went.
Yeah I did daily. I watch my email relentlessly and rec'd nothing. That's OK I guess people just should check your status regularly! Dec 1st date I hope is available. Nice and fat after some good turkey
EDIT: Email was rec'd - was not in Spam actual primary email but slipped through the cracks. They do email for II's
Last edited:
After looking through the responses of those getting interviews I see that my states are pretty low in comparison. Should I bother completing the secondary this late in the game?
honestly this whole process is a gamble and one of faith. i remember filling out this secondary, i was crying because my mcat sucked and the secondary was $100 and the worst of all, they didn't screen. i went aheadd and submitted it in faith, and i was offered one of the first interviews!After looking through the responses of those getting interviews I see that my states are pretty low in comparison. Should I bother completing the secondary this late in the game?
After looking through the responses of those getting interviews I see that my states are pretty low in comparison. Should I bother completing the secondary this late in the game?
Don't get discouraged. Well-rounded applications are always superior.
For a reference point - I'm certainly no all-star: I'm a double Biochem & Biology with 3.5 sGPA from Baylor University, 32 MCAT (twice taken; rec'd same score). I'd say middle of the pack if anything. But, apparently TCMC values EC's.... I do have 3 years of EC's from since graduation. This includes employment in military R&D, field biologist 1 yr, other misc paid research projects and college Ochem tutoring. Service 4 years at Camp for pediatric cancer pt's, leadership in Fraternity, and past children home summer volunteering. At present, taking night courses, night volunteer at free clinic, and hospital patient tutor for Children's Hospital while day job full time as med assistant at family practice. So let your experiences sell you, not a subjective GPA and a once-taken MCAT score.
Clearly, I don't care about anonymity! Good luck!
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement!! I am going to pull through and get these done! I am currently in a grad program that is the first year of med school (IMS at USF) and taking these classes is already hectic, plus the applications, it's just an insane amount of stress. Here goes everything!honestly this whole process is a gamble and one of faith. i remember filling out this secondary, i was crying because my mcat sucked and the secondary was $100 and the worst of all, they didn't screen. i went aheadd and submitted it in faith, and i was offered one of the first interviews!
I just graduated from their program in August '13! Loved it 😀Thank you so much for the words of encouragement!! I am going to pull through and get these done! I am currently in a grad program that is the first year of med school (IMS at USF) and taking these classes is already hectic, plus the applications, it's just an insane amount of stress. Here goes everything!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone getting II's!
(Crossing my fingers for one!)
(Crossing my fingers for one!)
Does TCMC accept pre-interview updates?
Hi everyone! I'm a little late to this (just joined SDN today), but I am an OOS student who completed my secondary 8/1, but I haven't heard anything. Checked the supplemental and there's nothing. I know it hasn't been very long, but I just want to hear back!
Hi everyone! I'm a little late to this (just joined SDN today), but I am an OOS student who completed my secondary 8/1, but I haven't heard anything. Checked the supplemental and there's nothing. I know it hasn't been very long, but I just want to hear back!
Haven't heard back either complete 8/2