2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed here today and it went really well 🙂 I had one with a nurse practitioner who teaches at the school and the other with an MS2 and both were really laid back, relaxed and not grilling at all. The new building was really nice, everyone seemed really happy and their focus on producing patient-centered physicians really came through.
 
When I chose today, there were still dates for November and December, but that was earlier today.

Ah well, that's better than at other schools. Hopefully apps complete in early July are still being considered. I keep telling myself not to panic....yet.

Maybe by the end of this month, the panicking will kick in. :nod:
 
Interviewed here today and it went really well 🙂 I had one with a nurse practitioner who teaches at the school and the other with an MS2 and both were really laid back, relaxed and not grilling at all. The new building was really nice, everyone seemed really happy and their focus on producing patient-centered physicians really came through.
This gets me excited about tomorrow!! 🙂
 
Have there been any acceptances here yet? Also, what were your impressions of Scranton? My husband and I are contemplating relocating there
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have there been any acceptances here yet? Also, what were your impressions of Scranton? My husband and I are contemplating relocating there

I really enjoyed Scranton. It's slower paced than the city I am used to, it's quiet and they're big on community. There's a nearby park, Nay Aug, that's beautiful and has lots of trails and other things if you're big on outdoor activities.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got deferred till the next committee meeting (via email) today 29 3.83 interviewed 9/29 ... anyone know when the next meeting is? kind of upset. Any current TCMC students lurking any advice about being deferred? I guess its not a rejection but still hurts.
 
Last edited:
How did you find out

I got an e-mail early this morning. I interviewed within the first couple of days in early September. It looks like from last years thread a handful of people who got deferred at the first meeting were then accepted at the next meeting...hoping for the same!
 
I got an e-mail early this morning. I interviewed within the first couple of days in early September. It looks like from last years thread a handful of people who got deferred at the first meeting were then accepted at the next meeting...hoping for the same!

Do you have any idea ball park when the next committee meeting is?
 
Last year it looked like it was in early December. Also wanted to add that my e-mail this morning did not show up in my inbox like the previous ones did. Not sure why but check all of your folders...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad