You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 The Commonwealth Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So what does it mean if we interviewed earlier and didn't get any email correspondence today?
Well now i feel dumb... just got an acceptance!!! Interviewed on 9/20
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did a little victory lap just now 🙂 First acceptance via email!!
Ahhhhhhhh accepted!!! Can't believe it! This is my first choice and I can't wait to send in the deposit.
Thought I was a goner when other people had already heard back.
Interviewed 9/8.
Thought I was a goner when other people had already heard back.
Interviewed 9/8.
wait... aren't we 2015-2016?FYI TCMC just got like 3 mil donated for scholarship money 😉
Never mind, its starts 2015-2016 🙁
Congrats! Interview date?ACCEPTED!!!!!![]()
I thought we were 14-15, hence the thread.
I don't know if they meant admissions cycle or first class year? Anyone know?
I don't know if they meant admissions cycle or first class year? Anyone know?
the way I understand it is we are the 2014-2015 application cycle, but we would be first matriculating for the 2015-2016 academic year?I thought we were 14-15, hence the thread.
I don't know if they meant admissions cycle or first class year? Anyone know?
Okay makes sense. My bad. Congratulations to everyone accepted. Any advice for interviewing?the way I understand it is we are the 2014-2015 application cycle, but we would be first matriculating for the 2015-2016 academic year?
Okay makes sense. My bad. Congratulations to everyone accepted. Any advice for interviewing?
Both of my interviewers were super nice (one faculty member and one student).
Definitely read about the mission of the school and keep in mind that TCMC plays an important role in Scranton and NE Pennsylvania.
Good luck and have fun!!!
Early septemberCongrats! Interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone in the early acceptance pool from NEPA? Same for the deferred group. Congrats to everyone!!
Is anyone in the early acceptance pool from NEPA? Same for the deferred group. Congrats to everyone!!
I'm from Central PA. About 2.5 hours from Scranton.
Is anyone in the early acceptance pool from NEPA? Same for the deferred group. Congrats to everyone!!
I always said I was from central PA, but in some maps I am in an area that is considered NEPA... I don't know, it is confusing.
Today is the first day that I felt comfortable wearing the t-shirt they gave us on interview day! I didn't want to jinx it.
Today is the first day that I felt comfortable wearing the t-shirt they gave us on interview day! I didn't want to jinx it.
haha they give you a shirt on interview day?! that is awesome!
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Loved how nice and friendly everyone at the school was! But I'm more in love with MCW. Goodluck guys!!ACCEPTED!!!!!![]()
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Loved how nice and friendly everyone at the school was! But I'm more in love with MCW. Goodluck guys!!
Thanks for the prompt withdrawal! "The Deferred" greatly appreciate it.
Thanks for the prompt withdrawal! "The Deferred" greatly appreciate it.
Will be withdrawing my acceptance. Loved how nice and friendly everyone at the school was! But I'm more in love with MCW. Goodluck guys!!
You are very kind. "The Deferred" thank you
II today! will be interviewing in January 🙂 hopefully being so late won't hurt me too much...
When were you complete?II today! will be interviewing in January 🙂 hopefully being so late won't hurt me too much...
First acceptance of the cycle yesterday 🙂) Interviewed on 9/29 also! I cried at work. In a hospital. Very unprofessional lol
First acceptance of the cycle yesterday 🙂) Interviewed on 9/29 also! I cried at work. In a hospital. Very unprofessional lol
Hahaha CONGRATS though!!!
Early septemberWhen were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else interview before 9/29 and still not hear back at all?
I interviewed that day and haven't heard anything! I'm surprised people from our day heard back already, since we were told it would probably take around 8 weeks for a decision for our group
I interviewed 10/8. About a week after interviews on 9/29 which have already received acceptances. Stay strong brothers and sisters. Our time is coming.
Accepted on Wednesday...was too busy celebrating!!!! .to all my fellow applicants , I would say don't loose hope and never give up...I know you all will shine soon...I was wait listed in every school I applied last year, a lot of people told me to try Caribbean as English is my second language and my interview skills are not the best. However, I knew that I just needed to focus and work hard and it paid off...I am still awaiting decision from 4 more schools but TCMC is definitely one of my top choices.
Last edited:
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
Reeeejected via snail mail. Ah, well. Can't win 'em all I say, though I did get a sweet shirt! Good luck to the TCMC class of 2019. Cya later, rather than sooner 😉
If I don't get accepted, I don't think I will ever wear the shirt. I will feel like a poser.Reeeejected via snail mail. Ah, well. Can't win 'em all I say, though I did get a sweet shirt! Good luck to the TCMC class of 2019. Cya later, rather than sooner 😉
I don't disagree. It will probably either turn into a workout shirt, or go to a charitable organization for those who cannot afford clothing. Maybe an aspiring young lad will pick it up and consider a career in Medicine 🙂 One can dream, amirite?If I don't get accepted, I don't think I will ever wear the shirt. I will feel like a poser.
This was post interview? If it doesn't bug you what were you stats,when were you complete and if you were a painter what would you paint?Reeeejected via snail mail. Ah, well. Can't win 'em all I say, though I did get a sweet shirt! Good luck to the TCMC class of 2019. Cya later, rather than sooner 😉
ya, what color underwear are you wearing also. ANSWER US OP!!!!This was post interview? If it doesn't bug you what were you stats,when were you complete and if you were a painter what would you paint?
Received a II last week and scheduled an interview for January! Really surprised to see that the earliest date was after the new year. But I'm relieved to see that at least one of the MD schools extended an invite.
when were you complete and stats please?
Received a II last week and scheduled an interview for January! Really surprised to see that the earliest date was after the new year. But I'm relieved to see that at least one of the MD schools extended an invite.
Hay angelicus...just received the invite and picked Jan 12! how about you?
Completed end of August I do believe. Stats aren't anything great (by SDNs standards): non trad, 3.5, 30, decent ECswhen were you complete and stats please?
I picked the 9th. I almost went with the 12th but I prefer a Friday instead of a Monday. Congrats on the invite and good luck! 🙂Hay angelicus...just received the invite and picked Jan 12! how about you?
Completed end of August I do believe. Stats aren't anything great (by SDNs standards): non trad, 3.5, 30, decent ECs
I picked the 9th. I almost went with the 12th but I prefer a Friday instead of a Monday. Congrats on the invite and good luck! 🙂
thanks! I literally just submitted my app this morning so was just trying to gauge the amount of time I should be waiting. seems like it'll be quite a while though. hahaha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks! I literally just submitted my app this morning so was just trying to gauge the amount of time I should be waiting. seems like it'll be quite a while though. hahaha
No problem! And I know what you mean. To be honest its a crapshoot with every school. I was so concerned about getting my applications in as early as possible, but the first school I heard back from was the last one I applied to. TCMC was the first one I was complete at and I just heard from them last week.
Long time lurker here. Interviewed 2nd week of october. I know they said 6-8 wks but the wait is like ahhhhhh! 
I picked the 9th. I almost went with the 12th but I prefer a Friday instead of a Monday. Congrats on the invite and good luck! :)[/QUOTE said:congrats to you as well! and thank you!
These are their averages for the last class I believe.Completed end of August I do believe. Stats aren't anything great (by SDNs standards): non trad, 3.5, 30, decent ECs
I picked the 9th. I almost went with the 12th but I prefer a Friday instead of a Monday. Congrats on the invite and good luck! 🙂
I really want to interview here. Contemplating calling them to see if I'm still under review
