2014-2015 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know if Az-Phx is one of the schools that compares last year's app to this years side-by-side? What changes did you make to your app? I hope I don't have to be a reapplicant....the "what changed from last year to this year" question would be a difficult one for me to answer as well. Again, sorry for your disappointment. I have seen you posting on this thread since the beginning so I can understand how hurt you must feel. I do believe things happen for a reason, though, and with persistence you will get in somewhere great that wants you too.

They do compare. And I definitely made sure to exemplify how much I have improved. I believe things happen for a reason as well so hopefully you're right. Thanks for being so kind and good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad.

i still haven't heard anything post-secondary...but the qualifications of the people who were rejected pre-II is certainly humbling. Best of luck to those rejected! I hope we get in somewhere this cycle.
+1 here. I wonder if we will hear anything tonight...

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do most of the PBC students live? Roosevelt point? Skyline lofts?

Dr. Cunningham,

Are interviews still being offered at this point or does no update indicate a rejection?

Thank you!

Rejected pre-interview just now. OOS Lizzy 70. Complete since late July.

Just rejected. Given the limited number of seats for OOS applicants and the stats of others who have been rejected I don't feel bad at all. Hope I can get some more love from the UC's. Good luck to those in the running!

(Plus on the bright side, for those of us rejected towards the end it means we have strong applications that made it tough for them to decide. We will get in somewhere!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply to the Pathway Scholars Program? Have you heard any news?

Pathway Scholar interview decisions will be communicated the week of Jan. 5. Our committee is hard at work and will spend the holiday break reviewing over 150 applications.

Happy Holidays and Cheers to 2015

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the update! And thanks for responding, guys. Good luck to you, too! :)

Reactions: 1 users
got my third post interview hold yesterday.. anyone in a similar situation?

Have any of the Pathways Applicants heard anything? I know it's only Tuesday, but I'm just anxious to hear back :)

Nope I haven't heard anything but as mentioned, they said decisions regarding interviews would be make the week of the 5th so I am assuming any day between now and Friday lol

got my third post interview hold yesterday.. anyone in a similar situation?

Yes, in a similar situation (just with more holds...). I know a couple others who are as well, and even someone who has been accepted after receiving a few holds.

Trying to keep the hope alive, but with each one its a little more difficult. This school being my #1 doesn't help either!

Dr. Cunningham,

Have any interview invites been sent for the Pathway Scholars Program?

Hi Dr. Cunningham,

If we have not heard anything regarding Pathways yet, is it fair to infer we were not offered an interview invitation since it is already Friday evening? Or are there still a few decisions to be made?

Edit: Received my answer Saturday morning as well, I'm sure the e-mail service spread out all the responses. Patience is a virtue :)

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything either... hopefully we hear soon!

Any word on Pathways? I was nervous today and heard nothing haha

Oops I didn't see the above. Glad I'm not alone! Haha

Guys, it's going to be a rough weekend... Maybe they needed a couple of more days? Let's try our best to not be so anxious until Monday! At least seven of us here are waiting to hear back, you're not alone!

No love from ua-phx lol. Pre-ii rejection for pathways. Well if all else fails maybe next year! If you find yourself in my position don't give up :) some school some day will be happy to have us after we show how worthy we are of that MD :)

No love from ua-phx lol. Pre-ii rejection for pathways. Well if all else fails maybe next year! If you find yourself in my position don't give up :) some school some day will be happy to have us after we show how worthy we are of that MD :)
Samesies. Woke up to the Pathways rejection email this morning.

Great interview experience, really hoping for good news...

FWIW last adcom date is Feb 27 and everyone should hear something by that day. They said they have about ~30 acceptances left to offer. Also, I was told I could send updates but that the AdCom may not necessarily see the updates, just if they ask to see updated info would they be aware of updates.

Last edited:
Tomorrow is the day I either get the coveted magical phone call, or an email for waitlist or rejection, and I could not be more nervous... Hoping for some IS love from the top school of my choice....

Tomorrow is the day I either get the coveted magical phone call, or an email for waitlist or rejection, and I could not be more nervous... Hoping for some IS love from the top school of my choice....

There's also the possibility of having your application held by the committee for review at the next meeting. It happens to some applicants post-interview.

There's also the possibility of having your application held by the committee for review at the next meeting. It happens to some applicants post-interview.

Correct as I don't think that the official waitlist comes out until the end of the decisions. This year I believe Dr. Cunningham said it was in February.

If I got an email today saying I'm still being kept active for committee consideration, do I still have a reasonable chance at getting in? It wasn't quite the response I was hoping for.

If I got an email today saying I'm still being kept active for committee consideration, do I still have a reasonable chance at getting in? It wasn't quite the response I was hoping for.

I can tell you that it's possible. @BamaNicole told me several individuals from her class were accepted after post-interview hold(s). More recently, I can tell you a friend of mine has also been accepted after interviewing in early September, after receiving a few of the hold emails as well.

So is the chance reasonable? I'm not sure. Is it possible? Absolutely. Look at all the individuals who have been rejected post-interview--I'm sure they'd rather still be under consideration.

Accepted!! Will most likely matriculate here--absolutely thrilled. :heckyeah:

Reactions: 3 users

I got the same email. I was pretty upset because I really liked this school and had felt pretty good about my interview.

See all that good vibes you put out there? Came right back.

Welcome and congrats :)

Thank you. :)

Looking forward to seeing the school again at second look!

To everyone bummed about receiving the post-interview hold email, I received several of them prior to being accepted today. This school rejects a lot of people, pre and post-interview, so you're still in the running!

Thank you. :)

Looking forward to seeing the school again at second look!

To everyone bummed about receiving the post-interview hold email, I received several of them prior to being accepted today. This school rejects a lot of people, pre and post-interview, so you're still in the running!

Yeah I was looking through some previous posts and saw that you had previously been placed on hold, which gives me a bit of hope to know that I can still be accepted in the future. I was very impressed with this school. I do have to say that I am very happy for you and hope that all goes well :)

Correct as I don't think that the official waitlist comes out until the end of the decisions. This year I believe Dr. Cunningham said it was in February.

Hi BamaNicole :)

Waitlist decisions will be sent at the end of Feb. We do not have a fixed number that we aim to put on the list and we do not rank order our waitlist. Rather, it's a pool from which we draw. We never predict how many, if any, seats will open from April 30-June 29, but know from the past that we can have movement up until the last day possible. We confirm (no changes to the roster) the class in the first day of orientation week (June 29).