2014-2015 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats to everyone! When were you complete?
I still haven't gotten any updates.

Dr.Cunningham, are all the invites for this round out?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Cunningham, sorry to bug you, are we supposed to receive a complete email when we are considered complete? (I only got the secondary invitation and I thought I was complete the next day but never got any confirmation saying so).

Thank you!

Dr. Cunningham, sorry to bug you, are we supposed to receive a complete email when we are considered complete? (I only got the secondary invitation and I thought I was complete the next day but never got any confirmation saying so).

Thank you!

I got an email stating that they had received my app/fee and that my application will go under review. I believe this is the complete equivalent.

Thank you!

Yes you are supposed to receive an actual email with "Under Review" in the subject line.

based on sdn (i know it may not be representative), it looks like IIs went to IS.. Hoping for OOS IIs soon! fingers crossed!

OOS II just a few minutes ago! (Stats and deets in mdapps).

Definitely was not expecting any love from UA-Phx, but glad to have been proven wrong. I really admire the transparency of Phoenix (Dr. Cunningham, you are phenomenal). Only dates I see up right now are the 8th and 15th of September, which I cannot make, so I guess I'll just wait it out until new dates come up.

Congrats to all those with IIs and good luck to those waiting! :luck:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
OOS II just a few minutes ago! (Stats and deets in mdapps).

Definitely was not expecting much from UA-Phx, but glad to have been proven wrong. I really admire the transparency of Phoenix (Dr. Cunningham, you are phenomenal). Only dates I see up right now are the 8th and 15th of September, which I cannot make, so I guess I'll just wait it out until new dates come up.

Congrats to all those with IIs and good luck to those waiting! :luck:

I feel like this school is out of my league but I'm applying anyway - I really hope things go well for you!

Reactions: 1 users
II!!! OOS/34/3.95. Looking forward to exploring this school!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea if they send out rejections by email or snail?

Man i was really hoping for an II here after being put on hold at UA Tucson.

Did anybody hear back that was complete after 7/23? And as far as the completion email, I got an "app received/under review" email the day I submitted the secondary(7/23), but no email once my LORs arrived (7/29). Do they send a separate email once you are complete, with LORs. Because if my app has been under review since 7/23, then I'm perplexed as to why I haven't heard back yet.

And congrats to all those that heard good news today and last night!

If this cycle turns out like last cycle, they could invite you at any time regardless of your complete date. Applicants also were not released until october.

Hang in there guys! Congrats to those who got IIs! See you on campus !

submitted/LOR received and got confirmation email saying Under Review on July 17th. OOS. Haven't gotten update yet.

Ok. Let me try to help ease some nerves and help explain our timeline.

We review ~500 files over a two week timeframe and the results of this review can result in an interview, pre-interview rejection or a hold. Invites and rejections are via email - no communication means you remain under review. All but 500 have not been reviewed - we just had our first round, so the vast majority are still in the queue. No communication does not mean you are rejected. You will know when you are via email.

We review based on supplemental traffic. So, your AMCAS complete date doesn't drive our process, which makes it hard to say what "week" we are currently reviewing.

Easy for me to say, but my suggestion is to allow the process to unfold and trust that we review in a timely and thorough fashion. You do not want us to make hasty decisions because haste results in numbers-only assessments. We read everything and compare you to peers, not in isolation or as a stand alone applicant.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 9 users

We review ~500 files over a two week timeframe and the results of this review can result in an interview, pre-interview rejection or a hold. Invites and rejections are via email - no communication means you remain under review. All but 500 have not been reviewed - we just had our first round, so the vast majority are still in the queue. No communication does not mean you are rejected. You will know when you are via email.

We review based on supplemental traffic. So, your AMCAS complete date doesn't drive our process, which makes it hard to say what "week" we are currently reviewing.

Easy for me to say, but my suggestion is to allow the process to unfold and trust that we review in a timely and thorough fashion. You do not want us to make hasty decisions because haste results in numbers-only assessments. We read everything and compare you to peers, not in isolation or as a stand alone applicant.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Note - pre-interview rejections have not been sent for this round. We will release these soon.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Posted using SDN Mobile

Invites and rejections are sent via email... How about holds?

When can we expect another batch of invites? It sounds like ~2 weeks.

Thank you

So I assume no interviews for another 2 weeks. The waittttttt .... :boom:

I love the transparency though. Makes the process of apply to UA-Phoenix much less stressful!!!

So I assume no interviews for another 2 weeks. The waittttttt .... :boom:

I love the transparency though. Makes the process of apply to UA-Phoenix much less stressful!!!
Oh man that's a long wait, what makes you say this?

Oh man that's a long wait, what makes you say this?
Dr. Cunningham said that they "review ~500 files over a two week timeframe and the results of this review can result in an interview, pre-interview rejection or a hold."

Although she said holds and rejections were coming soon so hopefully we don't here anything within the next week. :p

Dr. Cunningham said that they "review ~500 files over a two week timeframe and the results of this review can result in an interview, pre-interview rejection or a hold."

Although she said holds and rejections were coming soon so hopefully we don't here anything within the next week. :p

exactly... hopefully I wasn't in this batch then.... have all II been sent out for this first two-week review?

Every time my email notification sounds off, my heart skips a beat. :eek:

Reactions: 3 users
Ya haha same here, I was really expecting something today. Gonna try and lower my expectations as I'm pretty sure all the invites from the first 500 have been sent out. Will start anticipating an email in a couple weeks.

Hi Dr. Cunningham,

Sorry if this Q has been answered before but i couldn't find it. Would the school release decisions/updates every two weeks all at once or does it happen daily as the decisions are made about individual applicant? Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer our questions!!! really appreciate it.

Dr. Cunningham, out of curiosity, how many interviews per block of 500 are given out? (roughly)

lol. poor Dr. Cunningham, she's going to have so many questions when she comes back to this thread

lol. poor Dr. Cunningham, she's going to have so many questions when she comes back to this thread

Dr. Cunningham, out of curiosity, how many interviews per block of 500 are given out? (roughly)

Our interviews invites are 10% of reviewed applications. Like I said previously, this is the most difficult round in the selection process.

Note: spend time and tremendous effort in school-specific secondary essays. We are asking questions that are very important to us and to do anything but answer the question (i.e. Recap experiences that we already know from your AMCAS) is missing the mark.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hi Dr. Cunningham,

Sorry if this Q has been answered before but i couldn't find it. Would the school release decisions/updates every two weeks all at once or does it happen daily as the decisions are made about individual applicant? Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer our questions!!! really appreciate it.

We attempt to do these in batches; however, some committee members need a few extra days and in that case, a few results may trickle out.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Rejected. OOS non-trad.

cGPA: 3.36
sGPA: 3.59
Post-Bac: 3.99 (all pre-reqs)
MCAT: 35

Sigh.

35 mcat and a 3.99 post-bac gpa? without getting too specific, why would they not accept you? i'd be curious what the e-mail told you.
Standard rejection email. Who knows. I suspect my cGPA is a really tough sell at most schools. Pretty bummed.

just got the rejection email 31, 3.95, turned in secondary Juy 18th. Best of luck to everyone with interviews!!!