2014-2015 University of Arizona - Phoenix Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Welcome to the 2015-2015 application cycle! I hope to meet many of you over the course of the season, but until then I would like to introduce myself. I'm Dr. Cunningham, Assistant Dean for the Office of Admissions & Recruitment and Assistant Professor at the COM-Phoenix. I've been in Phoenix since 2006, the start of our four-year program, and the class for which you are applying will be my 9th class. Our program has grown from 24 to 80 students and our campus has expanded (still is) in the thriving and lively downtown Phoenix biomedical science corridor.

I'm here to answer your questions about our two programs: MD and graduate certificate (aka Pathway Scholars). Pathways is for Arizona-only, while MD is open to anyone who is a US Citizen or has Permanent Residency.

You are always welcome to call or email our office - visit phoenixmed.arizona.edu for contact and other helpful information about our selection criteria and application process.

Remember to breathe through the process and be responsible for your own information. We're here to help!!

We will post our newest MD class stats once they arrive on July 7. Pathway Scholars begin on June 23.
Your application will be reviewed!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Dr. Cunningham:
Does everyone receive a secondary application?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Cunningham:
Does everyone receive a secondary application?

Those who meet our residency (citizenship/perm resident) and min MCAT are invited to complete the SA.

Check your spam/junk folder if you believe you should have received one and/or contact the office. We process new applications daily, but some days are heavier than others and conflict with other tasks going in the office, so our response might be a day delayed.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hi Dr. Cunningham,
Can we personal message you as well? I had a few specific questions about my own application, which i sent you as a personal message. I don't think others would benefit from those answers, so I didn't ask on this forum. If you can't answer those, would you recommend me contacting your office? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dr. Cunningham,
Can we personal message you as well? I had a few specific questions about my own application, which i sent you as a personal message. I don't think others would benefit from those answers, so I didn't ask on this forum. If you can't answer those, would you recommend me contacting your office? Thanks.

All - our team offers phone advising sessions to discuss applications. If you're interested, contact us by email to [email protected] or call at 602-827-2005. Wendy handles our MD appts and Carlos for Pathway's. Each are awesome and extremely honest, helpful and encouraging! They cannot predict the future but can share best practices and offer unique insight into their role as applicant evaluators.

Posted using SDN Mobile

First interview Invites in the morning?

Our committee members are due to return selections tomorrow - invited will come late in the day.

Posted using SDN Mobile
are invites for the first couple of weeks only for In state applicants?

Dr. Cunningham, will pre interview hold decisions be made today as well?

Dr. Cunningham, will pre interview hold decisions be made today as well?
i would like to know too....very anxious!! UA Phoneix is my top choice!! hopefully we will hear good news today..

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i think I'm gonna lose my mind here..sigh

Dr. Cunningham said "projected after the 18th"

Let's stay calm everybody. Stop freaking me out by bumping this thread. :p

Reactions: 2 users
Dr. Cunningham said "projected after the 18th"

Let's stay calm everybody. Stop freaking me out by bumping this thread. :p

She just said last night they would come later today... Scroll up

Reactions: 1 user
We are working hard to wrap up our first round of decisions - hardest decision in the process is the interview round!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 4 users
We are working hard to wrap up our first round of decisions - hardest decision in the process is the interview round!!

Posted using SDN Mobile
The transparency is very much appreciated. In the mean time, we are working on... well... waiting. :xf:

Reactions: 2 users
:vomit: Current feeling, so anxious...probably not gonna get anything

One of the only things that helped keep me sane through this last year, other than EtOH, were Dr. Cunningham's updates!

nah... i keep telling myself tomorrow haha.... for every school

well it looks like it's not going to be today....tomorrow i guess

if you tell yourself it's never coming, then you'd have either a pleasant surprise or an intact spirit.

Hi Dr. Cunningham,
I have been waiting to submit my primary application because they still have not received one of my transcripts. I have been working with both the college and AMCAS to get the transcript received and uploaded to my application, but there seems to be some delay in this process. Do you have any recommendations of what I can do to expedite this process? Is there any way that I can just have the transcript sent directly to UA so I can go ahead and submit my application? Since this is all I am waiting on to submit to UACOM-Phoenix, I am getting very anxious, and this is my number one choice.
Thanks for all your help and advice!
@UA Phoenix Med

Interview invite! Good luck to those still waiting

At least one person got some good news today! Goodnight y'all :yeahright:

Well schnitzel, I think I was complete 6/30 but OOS. Hopefully the rest of us hear good news tomorrow!!

We did not push out all invited today - more to come tomorrow.

Posted using SDN Mobile

Reactions: 3 users
haha all-nighter mode activated

II today! Complete 7/24, 3.7-3.9, 37+, IS. I'm psyched - amazing school.