-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Meh, I didn't want to inconvenience my friend that much. I decided to just arrive on the afternoon the day before the interview. It'll give me enough time to chill, check out stuff like Central park, Weill cornell on a day with no interview, etc.. I've only been to new york once (back in ... 2006 or something), so looking forward to seeing the city with more grown-up eyes
Excited...!
Excited...!
besides any scheduling/days off issues, I can't see how this would be bad! NYC is amazing 🙂 and definitely takes some getting used to if you're not from around teh areaHey guys, I'm planning on staying with a friend that lives near the medical school for my time in Manhattan.
Do you reckon going two days before the interview (e.g. my interview is on a Wednesday, and I arrive in NYC on a Monday) to just chill and explore the city is a bad idea? I thought it might be good to get me more chill and develop some feeling for NY atmosphere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got some freshly made Chobani's yogurt creation from it's soho store. Oh my lord it's tasty. Froyo is so past tense to me now. Highly recommend when you are in town and go shopping in Soho. I had the mango and avocado one today, look forward to try more.
II here on 10/8. Complete 7/31, so definitely don't give up if you were complete on the early side. Also, none of the date options they gave me worked, but they were super nice about rescheduling over the phone.
Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing what general range of interview dates were on offer?
And their admissions office does seem incredibly nice. I sent an in the area email a couple days ago and received the most welcoming response I've gotten for one of those emails.
if they are that friendly is it worth a try telling them I'll be in the area for the next year and INTERVIEW PLZ?And their admissions office does seem incredibly nice. I sent an in the area email a couple days ago and received the most welcoming response I've gotten for one of those emails.
Similar to what kjj17 is asking; does anyone know if an ITA e-mail would be welcomed from someone who has yet to be invited for an interview?
lol wait I was just kidding. I live in New York lololSimilar to what kjj17 is asking; does anyone know if an ITA e-mail would be welcomed from someone who has yet to be invited for an interview?
Worked for me (although all of my NYC interviews were offered at different dates).Similar to what kjj17 is asking; does anyone know if an ITA e-mail would be welcomed from someone who has yet to be invited for an interview?
Thanks, i'll shoot them an e-mail. Hopefully they can work with my schedule; I'd prefer to make the trip only once.Worked for me (although all of my NYC interviews were offered at different dates).
Did you e-mail the admissions office directly?Worked for me (although all of my NYC interviews were offered at different dates).
Yup. As I recall, they were really nice about it.Did you e-mail the admissions office directly?
Hi everyone! Well, I'm booking my flight up to JFK for my Cornell interview, which is in the morning. The only flight options that aren't a red-eye flight leave JFK on 4:50 PM. Is that cutting it too close for an interview day that is supposed to end on 3 PM? The tour starts at 2 and I was hoping maybe I could leave a little early.
I have no idea what traffic might be like, or how long the subway will take to get from UES to the JFK airport, but I have a feeling that 2 hours for the entire process of getting to JFK, going through security and finding my game might be too much to bear.
Any advice appreciated!!
I have no idea what traffic might be like, or how long the subway will take to get from UES to the JFK airport, but I have a feeling that 2 hours for the entire process of getting to JFK, going through security and finding my game might be too much to bear.
Any advice appreciated!!
Would a 5 PM flight departing from La Guardia be a better option since it is closer to the school?
I once got to JFK from grand central station in 20 minutes, but that was a whirlwind. I don't think that driver stopped for red lights.Hi everyone! Well, I'm booking my flight up to JFK for my Cornell interview, which is in the morning. The only flight options that aren't a red-eye flight leave JFK on 4:50 PM. Is that cutting it too close for an interview day that is supposed to end on 3 PM? The tour starts at 2 and I was hoping maybe I could leave a little early.
I have no idea what traffic might be like, or how long the subway will take to get from UES to the JFK airport, but I have a feeling that 2 hours for the entire process of getting to JFK, going through security and finding my game might be too much to bear.
Any advice appreciated!!
In general, I think it's good practice to plan on taking an hour and fifteen minites between Manhattan and JFK if traveling on public transit. 45m if traveling by taxi. That being said, you'll be traveling during rush hour.
I wouldn't feel safe if I had a 4:50 flight unless I left for it at 2pm, 2:30 at the latest. The LGA option also makes me nervous, since an hour and fifteen in a cab to LGA in rush hour is not out of the question. That being said, you'd be much better off with the LGA option. How bad would the red-eye be?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I once got to JFK from grand central station in 20 minutes, but that was a whirlwind. I don't think that driver stopped for red lights.
In general, I think it's good practice to plan on taking an hour and fifteen minites between Manhattan and JFK if traveling on public transit. 45m if traveling by taxi. That being said, you'll be traveling during rush hour.
I wouldn't feel safe if I had a 4:50 flight unless I left for it at 2pm, 2:30 at the latest. The LGA option also makes me nervous, since an hour and fifteen in a cab to LGA in rush hour is not out of the question. That being said, you'd be much better off with the LGA option. How bad would the red-eye be?
Thanks to sound advice by @Friendly_female_house I'm gonna book LGA and hope for the best! If I use Uber and leave the tour a little early, I should be able to make it. Besides, if there are delays, then I will be spending the night at Chicago, which I am super fmailar with. Either way, having the chance to potetially not endure a red-eye makes me feel like I did my best 😀
Thanks so much for your help, @pluto101! That resonates with what @Friendly_female_house reccomended
Rejected from the MD/PhD program, but still in the running for MD. Good luck to all my fellow MD/PhD applicants.
Rejected from the MD/PhD program, but still in the running for MD. Good luck to all my fellow MD/PhD applicants.
Sorry to hear this. Do you mind if I ask when you were complete?
Complete 9/3. My applications was on the late side due to my letters of rec.Sorry to hear this. Do you mind if I ask when you were complete?
Complete 9/3. My applications was on the late side due to my letters of rec.
Same story, complete 9/8. It's still fairly early for us.
Hey guys! Hope interviews and applications are going well for everyone! Any sub-30 interview invites/WLs/acceptances? If so, when were you complete and what were your stats? Thanks for the information and good luck to all applicants!
I'm aware of the data MSAR gives but I'm just trying to keep up with this stuff currently thanks for the tip though!MSAR gives all of that info for every school in the last cycle.
Yes
Does cornell has non rolling like harvard ? all acceptances in the spring ?
Does cornell has non rolling like harvard ? all acceptances in the spring ?
Yes. Except for the MSTP (about 18). Those go out in December.
Plamazul PM me !
Yes. Except for the MSTP (about 18). Those go out in December.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think some pre-II rejections are going out today, me and a friend of mine both got emails. I'm not surprised, as my scores are pretty low. good luck to everyone else!
If you don't mind saying, when were the two of you complete?
D
deleted643377
Yep, pre-II rejections out today, complete late July((
+1, keep the hope alive.Oh boy - hope I miss the chopping block (for now...) - I was complete late Sept.
No rejection yet here... I would love to visit Cornell so I'm staying hopeful!
Rejected today. Complete late August.
Rejected MSTP, complete 9/8. I thought I had escaped the culling after seeing the first posts earlier today, but I got my rejection two hours later.
Man, I hope these things start turning around... Good luck to everyone still in the running! They said they had a 25% increase in MSTP applicants this year, so it looks like the rumors of huge increases in applications are true.
Man, I hope these things start turning around... Good luck to everyone still in the running! They said they had a 25% increase in MSTP applicants this year, so it looks like the rumors of huge increases in applications are true.
Rejected MSTP, complete 9/8. I thought I had escaped the culling after seeing the first posts earlier today, but I got my rejection two hours later.
Man, I hope these things start turning around... Good luck to everyone still in the running! They said they had a 25% increase in MSTP applicants this year, so it looks like the rumors of huge increases in applications are true.
Sorry to hear it. Are you still in the running for MD only?
Sorry to hear it. Are you still in the running for MD only?
Not interested, for a variety of reasons, though the email allows you to reply back if you want to be considered for MD-only.
Rejected, complete in mid September.
I wonder if this wave of rejections is an indicator of a soon-to-be wave of interview invites.
REJECTION!
No rejection yet here... I would love to visit Cornell so I'm staying hopeful!
I wonder if this wave of rejections is an indicator of a soon-to-be wave of interview invites.
Complete early July... ITA email received ~4 weeks ago... No rejection yet![]()
I seem to have made it past this wave of rejections too (haven't heard anything since they acknowledged my ITA email ~8 weeks ago). Good luck to my fellow survivors, hoping for good news for all of us!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not rejected yet!!!
Edit: couldn't get the picture to upload correctly.
Edit: couldn't get the picture to upload correctly.
Couldn't be more perfect.Not rejected yet!!!
![]()
Edit: couldn't get the picture to upload correctly.
Staring at email all day and didn't get a rejection letter. But no IIs either. womp womp. lol.
