2015-2016 Baylor College of Medicine Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Best of luck to all y'all if acceptances start trickling out even more this week!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete late July and my status, as far as I know, has not changed from "file is complete and under review".... is anyone else in this same boat? I thought I would have changed to past tense by now...

Reactions: 1 users
I was complete late July and my status, as far as I know, has not changed from "file is complete and under review".... is anyone else in this same boat? I thought I would have changed to past tense by now...
+1

I don't think mine has ever changed tense. I've had that same status since I was complete and I've already interviewed.

I've pretty much had the same status of "Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee. We will let you know as soon as further information is available" with the additional text of "Application Under Review" since August, but a little over a month ago my status page was altered slightly so that the"Application Under Review" part was removed and was replaced by "Please e-mail the Admissions Office if you have any questions." Also since that time, whenever I log out, it shows the same statement about the receiving periodic updates via email, but it no longer shows the part that states that Baylor holds interviews from August to February. It's most probably some sort of small webpage update with no real significance, but I was just wondering if anyone else also noticed this same seemingly minor change in their status?

a little over a month ago my status page was altered slightly so that the"Application Under Review" part was removed and was replaced by "Please e-mail the Admissions Office if you have any questions." It's most probably some sort of small webpage update with no real significance, but I was just wondering if anyone else also noticed this same seemingly minor change in their status?

The webpage did seem to change design a little but the text seems the same for me as it always was:

Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.
Baylor College of Medicine interviews from August through February.
Application Under Review

I doubt whatever little change is there means anything, though.

This is what mine says, complete early sept:

shadow.gif

Your application is complete and is being reviewed by the committee.

Baylor College of Medicine interviews from August through February.

Application Under Review

Accepted also! OOS! Interviewed early September.

Reactions: 9 users
Accepted! IS, complete early July, interviewed late September

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who were accepted already!

Baylor's my top choice so maybe I'll see you there one day if I'm fortunate enough to get a call.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that got the good news!! I'm an MS2 here and absolutely loving the experience so far. We're about to jump into our clinical rotations in January -- and I hear it only gets more fun.

There's a good number of us lurking this thread so please feel free to ask or PM any questions so we can help!

Don't fret if you interviewed and have yet to hear back. Baylor drags on acceptances into April and actually accepts a ton of students February onwards as you probably have heard.

+1. I'm in total disbelief and so excited. I was complete within the first few days of July so I assumed my app had been passed over.

IS, LizzyM around 70

Edit: also not to encourage further SDN paranoia, bit I did get the fabled status change pre ii a while ago, so maybe that is still relevant?

II today as well! Such a surprise, wasn't expecting this especially so late in the cycle but I'll take it!!! :D

Reactions: 4 users
Haven't heard anything from Baylor. I just assumed I was getting the cold shoulder haha.

Congrats on all the II's guys!!! Enjoy your interview days, Baylor is awesome.

Reactions: 2 users
For those that received IIs this week, are only February dates available? I have been complete since mid-August and am still hoping for an invite.

For those that received IIs this week, are only February dates available? I have been complete since mid-August and am still hoping for an invite.
The date I was offered was early January so they aren't to February yet. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I sent an update letter to Baylor (their admissions email) a couple of days ago and received an email that said the following:
"... the Office of Admissions does not provide academic advising or counseling to prospective medical school applicants".

Anyone had any luck with sending an update letter OR letter of intent? Should I just call admissions and ask them to add the letter to my file?

I sent an update letter to Baylor (their admissions email) a couple of days ago and received an email that said the following:
"... the Office of Admissions does not provide academic advising or counseling to prospective medical school applicants".

Anyone had any luck with sending an update letter OR letter of intent? Should I just call admissions and ask them to add the letter to my file?
I tried sending them a letter of interest last month prior to getting the II and got the same response. I guess they got so many emails they stopped responding?

That's just their standard auto-reply. I also got that when I emailed them about some difficulties paying my secondary fee. A week or so later I received a response email from someone in the admissions office. Someone will probably look at your letter soon but I don't know if they will accept the update.

That's just their standard auto-reply. I also got that when I emailed them about some difficulties paying my secondary fee. A week or so later I received a response email from someone in the admissions office. Someone will probably look at your letter soon but I don't know if they will accept the update.
Yep, same here when I asked about prereqs many moons ago.

II this morning. Gotta say, I was not expecting this one! Isn't the class almost full for them?

Do we know when the majority of acceptances to Baylor are made? I interviewed in early September (OOS) and the lack of any news whatsoever is starting to concern me...

Edit: K saw the February thing up a bit on the thread. Does anyone have any idea if they plan on releasing another "wave" of acceptances before the new year?

Do we know when the majority of acceptances to Baylor are made? I interviewed in early September (OOS) and the lack of any news whatsoever is starting to concern me...

Edit: K saw the February thing up a bit on the thread. Does anyone have any idea if they plan on releasing another "wave" of acceptances before the new year?

I just looked in the past threads and it appears that Baylor sends acceptances until March, and then people get off the wait list in May.

Got an interview today at about 9AM. My assigned date is 1/22/15. Hope Baylor does kind of a rolling admissions thing so that late interviewers like me have a chance!
Congrats to everyone that got the good news!! I'm an MS2 here and absolutely loving the experience so far. We're about to jump into our clinical rotations in January -- and I hear it only gets more fun.

There's a good number of us lurking this thread so please feel free to ask or PM any questions so we can help!

I just got an interview today for 1/22/15. Stats: 31 MCAT, 3.92 GPA, research exp., ER scribing, in-state. Even interviewing this late do you think I have a shot or are many of the spots already taken at that point?

Got an interview today at about 9AM. My assigned date is 1/22/15. Hope Baylor does kind of a rolling admissions thing so that late interviewers like me have a chance!

I just got an interview today for 1/22/15. Stats: 31 MCAT, 3.92 GPA, research exp., ER scribing, in-state. Even interviewing this late do you think I have a shot or are many of the spots already taken at that point?

Hey, we have the same interview day! Apparently we still have a good shot. They are true rolling all the way until March, and then there is the wait list in April/May.

Hey, we have the same interview day! Apparently we still have a good shot. They are true rolling all the way until March, and then there is the wait list in April/May.

Good to hear! best of luck to us both!

Right. Although it feels late, Baylor wouldn't spend time interviewing you if you didn't have a decent shot. Believe it! I have a handful of friends that interviewed at that point of the year and got in just fine.

Good luck in January!

Last edited: