-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 George Washington University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've been checking last year's thread, and it looks like there's not a ton of movement (because they accept way more people than their class size), but there is some between late April and mid-June (like 10-25 from what I can tell, but obviously that's a skewed number because it's just what is showing up on SDN).Does anyone happen to know if many people actually get pulled off the alternative list or not?? I want to hold out hope, but don't know whether to or not lol. @mcatjelly @grey_wind
Alternate list. Just now. Interviewed mid jan. Gonna withdraw, good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alternate. Interviewed first week of February. Happy to join the other alternates in this never ending cycle. 🤣
@XxThaDoggxX I wish I knew!
The alternate pool here seems huge, but at the same time I'm glad they're having people confirm their alternate status, that way it's at least somewhat streamlined when they start giving out offers to alternates. Would really love for some good news from GW.
I keep getting put on waitlist after waitlist though, this cycle has been so taxing
Right there with ya.
Alternate list. Interviewed Jan/14. Will most likely withdraw. Good luck everyone!
Alternate list. Just now. Interviewed mid jan. Gonna withdraw, good luck everyone!
We all appreciate you both 🙂 😛
So I've never posted on here but I just thought I would update those still waiting. Accepted this morning. Interviewed end of January. Good luck to those still waiting.
Just received an interview invitation here! which is insane to me considering i've been on hold for at least 6 months. They also offered me the opportunity to do an over the phone interview which is awesome! Has anyone else done this?
...wut?
Just received an interview invitation here! which is insane to me considering i've been on hold for at least 6 months. They also offered me the opportunity to do an over the phone interview which is awesome! Has anyone else done this?
You are giving me hope... maybe false hope! Have you been sending updates to the school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
...wut?
Literally my thoughts exactly. I googled the dean of admissions to make sure it wasn't a scam....
You are giving me hope... maybe false hope! Have you been sending updates to the school?
I sent an update maybe 2-3 weeks ago with a recent publication and that I was still interested ...
They haven't responded yet with dates available for anything so I'm still flummoxed.
Literally my thoughts exactly. I googled the dean of admissions to make sure it wasn't a scam....
I sent an update maybe 2-3 weeks ago with a recent publication and that I was still interested ...
They haven't responded yet with dates available for anything so I'm still flummoxed.
Since they are considering you so late in the application cycle for a phone interview (which is probably unprecedented), perhaps you have a really good shot? Best of luck.
Since they are considering you so late in the application cycle for a phone interview (which is probably unprecedented), perhaps you have a really good shot? Best of luck.
Wow I hadn't thought of that... So thank you for your optimism!!! More likely it's that it is so late in the game they probably want to increase their chances of having people interview if they have spots left to fill. Also I'm a CA resident, so perhaps they considered that as well. Regardless, I am so grateful for the chance! I loved GW from the start but pretty much gave up on that thought. Thanks for the good wishes 🙂
can u share your lizzy score..or directional? thanksJust received an interview invitation here! which is insane to me considering i've been on hold for at least 6 months. They also offered me the opportunity to do an over the phone interview which is awesome! Has anyone else done this?
LizzyM 67can u share your lizzy score..or directional? thanks
Are they done interviewing? Never got a rejection but can't log into my portal anymore lol
Have not received an interview or rejection yet either, but I can still log in and the status is pending for re-review. Maybe a password problem?
Same here... Still on hold for "re-review" but can log into the portal.
For those of you still 'on hold' pre-interview, I called last Friday. The nice lady told me that the admissions committee has not yet decided to close the interview cycle yet, so interviews are still trickling out. She did say that we should hear back soon, whether for interviews or rejection. I know this information might not be too reassuring/ helpful for y'all, but hang in there!
For those of you still 'on hold' pre-interview, I called last Friday. The nice lady told me that the admissions committee has not yet decided to close the interview cycle yet, so interviews are still trickling out. She did say that we should hear back soon, whether for interviews or rejection. I know this information might not be too reassuring/ helpful for y'all, but hang in there!
Instead of having more interviews, how about they let some of us poor souls off the alternative list...am I right??? 😏😏😏
Withdrew from the alternate list. Good luck to everyone!
hey for the interview, do you know if your people had read your personal statement? or was it completely closed everything. thanks!
the student and faculty interviewer are blind to your whole application
thanks 🙂the student and faculty interviewer are blind to your whole application
Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted/how many come off?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many people are waitlisted/how many come off?
The updated MSAR page for GW doesn't give any numbers to how many are put on the WL or how many are accepted off of it
You the homie for looking that up! It seems like they just threw everyone on the waitlist that didn't get acceptedThe updated MSAR page for GW doesn't give any numbers to how many are put on the WL or how many are accepted off of it
People keep congratulating me for getting waitlisted... And I just don't feel like explaining it at this point hahaYou the homie for looking that up! It seems like they just threw everyone on the waitlist that didn't get accepted
People keep congratulating me for getting waitlisted... And I just don't feel like explaining it at this point haha
haha I feel you. It kills me a little each time I get asked and need to explain
Still hoping that some of us alternates get some love...hoping to start seeing some movement soon!
Honestly though, besides the price (YIKES) this school felt like the best personal fit for me during my II compared to the other 2 I interviewed at, absolutely love this school.
Just withdrew. It's just too expensive for me... Hope my spot goes to one of you!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just withdrew. It's just too expensive for me... Hope my spot goes to one of you!
From one Sloan to the next, I thank you

I got this from their website.
does anyone know if GW is pass/fail?
http://smhs.gwu.edu/academics/md-program/curriculum/structure-and-schedule
According to here, it's Honors, Pass, Conditional, or Fail for Fundamentals of Medicine which takes place in the first year and a half. Then it transitions to Honors, High Pass, Pass, Conditional, or Fail for rotations.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got this from their website.
Beat me to it.
good luck to everyone
Last edited:
Was the traffic date different last year? Might be why the list started moving a bit earlier
No, last year was April 30th as wellWas the traffic date different last year? Might be why the list started moving a bit earlier

