-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey Guys I would really appreciate some info about those who they are interviewing. Now i turned my secondary in on the 3rd of Aug (initial app in on first day) , But I am in State in fact live very close to the University. I see many ppl have gotten IIs. This has me worried. I am fairly competitive and exceed all the median criteria of the University (This has me very confused as why I have heard nothing yet). I am wondering whether most of the II that are being sent out are Out of State or In State. Can some of the people who got II please let me know whether they are OOS or IS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys I would really appreciate some info about those who they are interviewing. Now i turned my secondary in on the 3rd of Aug (initial app in on first day) , But I am in State in fact live very close to the University. I see many ppl have gotten IIs. This has me worried. I am fairly competitive and exceed all the median criteria of the University (This has me very confused as why I have heard nothing yet). I am wondering whether most of the II that are being sent out are Out of State or In State. Can some of the people who got II please let me know whether they are OOS or IS?
Are you a URM? Or better yet do you have a passion for the underserved? Meharry is very strong on taking people who match their mission. I'm interviewing as an OOS applicant but my whole application screams future physician for the underserved. Also, they may not have reviewed your application yet, it's a long cycle. They interview into next year, be patient my fellow applicant.
Any movement for anyone? It's been silent here..
Any movement for anyone? It's been silent here..
The silence makes me so much more nervous.

Silence is Golden!!!! At least it is not a Reject 😉
The only sentiment keeping me sane rn. 🙂
Complete email today, yay!
Rejected just now 😕 happy Friday to me!
Rejected just now as well . Non URM
Sorry to hear that 🙁 When were you completed?Rejected just now 😕 happy Friday to me!
8/12Sorry to hear that 🙁 When were you completed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear that. Are you an URM?Out of state app LizzyM 70 submitted 08/12 annndddddddddd rejjjeecctteeddd today.
.
Has anyone received a II and scored in the 490- 499 range on the MCAT?
Edit.
Last edited:
You have about a 37.8% chance of matriculating into a US MD program (https://www.aamc.org/download/321514/data/factstable25-2.pdf) . Not competitive but honestly you never know till you try. But if you haven't applied already, don't bother. If I were you, I probably would use a year to retake my MCAT. And a late application...ooo..... :/ IDK.I have a question, and I would appreciate an honest answer (I don't mind bluntness). I need to know if I have any chance of receiving a secondary, interview, acceptance from Meharry. I have a low MCAT score, and I know it's not indicative of my ability, but I fear that it plus my late application will ruin my chances completely.
Undergrad Stats/Info:
URM
In-state
From medically underserved area
496 MCAT (really sucks, because I didn't get a chance to take the old one and had very little prep for the new one...I was scoring 28+ on old practice tests from Kaplan and AAMC, with a 24 being my lowest ever)
~ 3.8 cum GPA (strong upward trend, made 3 Bs from sophomore to senior year); ~ 3.7 sci GPA
3 years research experience (some at my undergrad, two summers at two top 10 research institutions), 1 first author publication
Many hours of community service, volunteer work, tutoring, some shadowing (not a ton)
President of organization for 2 years, involved in many other things on campus (take my word for it)
Former college athlete
Won many department and research-based awards
Post Grad:
Currently in competitive post-bacc research program at top institution
Do I have any chance, at all?
Your post bacc program - did they prep you for the MCAT? Is it one of those programs where you get an upper leg into the medical school? That may be your best bet if you decide to take your chances.
Good luck!
Thank you!In 2014 86 students matched at a rate of 88%. They do allow some students to 'decel' over five years. When I visited the campus I was told they had an attrition rate of 4%, higher than average for allopathic schools.
I concur with Goro! It is worth giving it a shot. You honestly never know till you know.My AMCAS is verified, but I'm just now getting my MCAT score back. I have already added Meharry to my list of schools. Do you think Meharry will give me a chance?
Or at least a secondary?
And no, this program is strictly research-based.
Does anyone know when the next round of interviews come out? My secondary was completed on 9/20.
People are still waiting to hear back with early August complete dates. It'll probably be a while. 🤔
Last edited:
deleted
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received my secondary today!
Secondary submitted!
After submitting the secondary, I received the typical e-mail saying it's been received and will be process for consideration. But this particular sentence confuses me: "You will receive written communication indicating the Admissions Committee's decision."
Does this mean that we'll get notification of both IIs and denials through snail mail? There won't be phone calls or e-mails?
Does this mean that we'll get notification of both IIs and denials through snail mail? There won't be phone calls or e-mails?
Reeeeeeejected.
Secondary submitted late August.
Lizzy 69.
Non-URM.
Oh well.
Secondary submitted late August.
Lizzy 69.
Non-URM.
Oh well.

Reeeeeeejected.
Secondary submitted late August.
Lizzy 69.
Non-URM.
Oh well.![]()
I'm sorry! Was this pre-interview or post-interview? And email or snail mail?
Rejected, OOS, non-URM, Meharry was my first choice.
It's okay, I've got some other leads that lessen the sting!I'm sorry! Was this pre-interview or post-interview? And email or snail mail?
It was pre-interview and sent via email! Best of luck to you!
It's okay, I've got some other leads that lessen the sting!
It was pre-interview and sent via email! Best of luck to you!
Awesome, I'm sure that does help! Thank you 🙂
How long did it take to receive a rejection notice?
I guess I need to move on. Completed 8/5 🙁
The Axe finally fell
OSS LizzyM 74 completed 8/5
3 - 3 at this stage is a blessing with lots more to hear from. Best Wishes everyone.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
sorry to hear! what was the time frame from completion to rejection if you don't mind me asking?OOS ORM, I don't fully understand why I was rejected. I thought that I fit their mission, had stats on the higher end of their average matriculants, wrote what I thought was a compelling secondary. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Best of luck everybody!
.
Last edited:
II here for Oct. 5th also.
Excited to (probably unknowingly) meet you all!
Best of luck to everyone
To all of you who got invited for an interview, what did you focus on in your secondary essay? And the questions regarding underserved etc.
I do want to work wtih the underserved, but I also want to work in academia.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone interviewing here tomorrow and want to do something afterwards?
I'd be down
Hey AJ shoot me a message, I am fairly new here and unable to figure out how. I'm currently in West NashvilleI'd be down
The people that interviewed today, How was your interview day?