2015-2016 Meharry Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email saying my app is finally under review, I submitted my secondary in the middle of August haha

Members don't see this ad.

I got the email as well. I was complete in July, does this mean they just started reviewing our applications?
I'm really not sure what it means. Their order of review is kind of odd though. You were complete all the way back in July, but September complete dates have already been receiving IIs. Seems they would have already let you know a decision by now, whether it be II or rejection.

I'm really not sure what it means. Their order of review is kind of odd though. You were complete all the way back in July, but September complete dates have already been receiving IIs. Seems they would have already let you know a decision by now, whether it be II or rejection.

It could be an email just sent to everyone who has not heard back one way or another (rejection or II)? Cause I was complete 9/15 and I received it.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Edit.

Last edited:
Anyone who received an acceptance mind sharing their stats?

Thanks and congratulations on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user
for those accepted, what is the registration deposit remittance form?

for those accepted, what is the registration deposit remittance form?

Yeah the email kind of confused me a little bit, I guess they are going to send it later. I just know I made sure to accept the offer!

Does anyone know how receptive Meharry is to LGBT students? I talk about working with underserved and marginalized communities in my app and particularly that I'm gay. Just realized Meharry is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. I'm Catholic, so faith and homosexuality is a road well-traveled for me. Was wondering if I basically rejected myself from consideration. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how receptive Meharry is to LGBT students? I talk about working with underserved and marginalized communities in my app and particularly that I'm gay. Just realized Meharry is affiliated with the United Methodist Church. I'm Catholic, so faith and homosexuality is a road well-traveled for me. Was wondering if I basically rejected myself from consideration. Thanks!

I'm accepted and I wrote similar things on my application. It never came up in the interview, and I never really forced it to, but I would hope that it added a unique perspective to working with underserved communities.

I know that there's a student group for LGBTQ+ med students, so it's not like they don't exist at that school at all. But I think the tricky decision is whether to talk about it in your interview. One of my interviewers was particularly older and seemed more conservative and I deliberately didn't mention it. The other interviewer wasn't as old, but still seemed just as conservative, so I made a judgment call for that one.

I interviewed today and they had LGBT posters on campus.

Interviwed today, y'all are some cool people for making it fun, everyone was supportive, and I had a blast! First interview down, on to the next one .

could someone advise me to whether it would be possible to catch a 4:45 flight after the interview?

email says it ends at 3p. is that trustworthy?

Is anybody interviewing on Nov 2nd interested in splitting a room at the Hampton Inn Vanderbilt? I have an extra queen size bed. Preferably Female :) inbox me

I have a question, and I would appreciate an honest answer (I don't mind bluntness). I need to know if I have any chance of receiving a secondary, interview, acceptance from Meharry. I have a low MCAT score, and I know it's not indicative of my ability, but I fear that it plus my late application will ruin my chances completely.

Undergrad Stats/Info:
URM
In-state
From medically underserved area
496 MCAT (really sucks, because I didn't get a chance to take the old one and had very little prep for the new one...I was scoring 28+ on old practice tests from Kaplan and AAMC, with a 24 being my lowest ever)
~ 3.8 cum GPA (strong upward trend, made 3 Bs from sophomore to senior year); ~ 3.7 sci GPA
3 years research experience (some at my undergrad, two summers at two top 10 research institutions), 1 first author publication
Many hours of community service, volunteer work, tutoring, some shadowing (not a ton)
President of organization for 2 years, involved in many other things on campus (take my word for it)
Former college athlete
Won many department and research-based awards

Post Grad:
Currently in competitive post-bacc research program at top institution

Do I have any chance, at all?

I may be late to respond to this but I have similar stats and received a secondary - complete on 10/3 - Haven't heard back yet.

The wait is exhausting... complete 9/15 got an email 10/15 that they got everything -_-

Interviewing in a couple weeks. I usually stay in an airbnb, but looks like it's harder to find one that's close.

What hotels have y'all stayed at?

Interviewing in a couple weeks. I usually stay in an airbnb, but looks like it's harder to find one that's close.

What hotels have y'all stayed at?

There is one guy, Jonathan, who is about 3 blocks away on AirBnB but it is possible that he's booked. But check again to see if you see him listed

II a few minutes ago! Complete on 08.12, OOS, so don't give up hope!

Reactions: 2 users
I was just a lurker on this page, but I got my II today!! So excited my first medical school interview!! I'm an OOS URM AA male, and I was complete on 10/15.

Did you receive a complete email or did it just say complete on the portal?

I was just a lurker on this page, but I got my II today!! So excited my first medical school interview!! I'm an OOS URM AA male, and I was complete on 10/15.
What were your stats? If you don't mind sharing...

Interview invite as well today. Complete on 08/12/2015 but will be declining. Good luck everyone!

did anyone else just turn in their secondary? wonder if still have a chance

Does Meharry call for acceptances or just email? I interviewed Monday and there appears to be a trend so I'm trying to decide which obsessive behavior to engage in tomorrow (refreshing my email every minute or watching my phone like a hawk).

Does Meharry call for acceptances or just email? I interviewed Monday and there appears to be a trend so I'm trying to decide which obsessive behavior to engage in tomorrow (refreshing my email every minute or watching my phone like a hawk).
You'll receive an email. Best of luck! :)

How was the interview? Was it closed or open file? Was it one on one?

How was the interview? Was it closed or open file? Was it one on one?

It was open file but I didn't really get asked questions about my application. One of my interviewers told me that he waits until after the interview to read the file. My other interviewer had reviewed my file but focused on more personal questions. Hope that helps ! :)