You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Are you an early decision or regular decision applicant?Accepted!!!! Got the call at 12pm today!
Nevermind I just saw earlier in the thread that you are early decision.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm scheduled to interview on 10/27 - anyone else have that date as well? Also, does anyone who has already interviewed at have any tips? Congrats to those accepted ED!
I'm scheduled to interview on 10/27 - anyone else have that date as well? Also, does anyone who has already interviewed at have any tips? Congrats to those accepted ED!
The only tips I have for the interview is to know your application.. I was asked about a ton of my experiences and a pretty good amount about the classes I took. Obviously they want primary care in rural ga but also have a unique plan. I went in with a very specific plan about what exactly I wanted to do as a primary care physician in rural ga and they loved it (everyone says they wanna practice primary care in ga: take it a step further). There really were no trick questions to worry about. I had one ethics question. They truly look at the applicant as a whole so be yourself and address and shortcomings in your application (i have a low MCAT) goodluck!
The only tips I have for the interview is to know your application.. I was asked about a ton of my experiences and a pretty good amount about the classes I took. Obviously they want primary care in rural ga but also have a unique plan. I went in with a very specific plan about what exactly I wanted to do as a primary care physician in rural ga and they loved it (everyone says they wanna practice primary care in ga: take it a step further). There really were no trick questions to worry about. I had one ethics question. They truly look at the applicant as a whole so be yourself and address and shortcomings in your application (i have a low MCAT) goodluck!
Thanks! That's pretty much right in line with how I've been preparing. Hopefully everything goes well.
The only tips I have for the interview is to know your application.. I was asked about a ton of my experiences and a pretty good amount about the classes I took. Obviously they want primary care in rural ga but also have a unique plan. I went in with a very specific plan about what exactly I wanted to do as a primary care physician in rural ga and they loved it (everyone says they wanna practice primary care in ga: take it a step further). There really were no trick questions to worry about. I had one ethics question. They truly look at the applicant as a whole so be yourself and address and shortcomings in your application (i have a low MCAT) goodluck!
Hey congrats on your acceptance! What sort of questions were you asked about the classes you took? Thanks
Last edited:
Question! Does anyone know if we can interview in Macon and later tour Savannah, and vice versa?
Question! Does anyone know if we can interview in Macon and later tour Savannah, and vice versa?
I'm sure if you called the Savannah office, they would be happy to set up a tour for you. I saw someone from the Macon campus office giving a tour to what I presumed to be an undergrad, her mom, and her sister yesterday!
Edit: Congrats on the II! I know you've been waiting a while for it.
Thanks!! I'm definitely more interested in the Savannah campus so I guess it makes sense to interview there and later tour Macon.I'm sure if you called the Savannah office, they would be happy to set up a tour for you. I saw someone from the Macon campus office giving a tour to what I presumed to be an undergrad, her mom, and her sister yesterday!
Edit: Congrats on the II! I know you've been waiting a while for it.
Anyone know if there is a student hosting program? I'd really like to avoid spending money on a hotel.
Hey congrats on your acceptance! What sort of questions were you asked about the classes you took? Thanks
They asked about why I took so many psychology classes (to stay in line with changes in healthcare and the mcat) and also what my most difficult and easy classes were and why. pretty simple questions but if you havent prepared a response at least a little bit it could be difficult to answer. always remember there are multiple aspects of your application too, and to tie those in when you can. they asked me how i had demonstrated that i could handle the rigors of medical school despite my somewhat low mcat score and I pointed out that I had my highest GPA my senior year while taking 45 credit hours of nothing but science classes. My interviewer really loved that answer. He would also point out that I got a B in quantitative analysis and ask why I think I wasn't able to get an A and questions like that too. hope this helps
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Question! Does anyone know if we can interview in Macon and later tour Savannah, and vice versa?
you can absolutely do that. i interviewed in macon and toured savannah a week later. I will be attending the savannah campus next fall! both are really good campus' with different perks too, you should definitely check out your options
They asked about why I took so many psychology classes (to stay in line with changes in healthcare and the mcat) and also what my most difficult and easy classes were and why. pretty simple questions but if you havent prepared a response at least a little bit it could be difficult to answer. always remember there are multiple aspects of your application too, and to tie those in when you can. they asked me how i had demonstrated that i could handle the rigors of medical school despite my somewhat low mcat score and I pointed out that I had my highest GPA my senior year while taking 45 credit hours of nothing but science classes. My interviewer really loved that answer. He would also point out that I got a B in quantitative analysis and ask why I think I wasn't able to get an A and questions like that too. hope this helps
Thank you so much! This is invaluable![emoji3]
adcom met again today so fingers crossed for everyone who's already interviewed!! Does anyone know if they send out notifications if you've been passed to the next round? Also do they reject during the interview season?
adcom met again today so fingers crossed for everyone who's already interviewed!! Does anyone know if they send out notifications if you've been passed to the next round? Also do they reject during the interview season?
They don't send out notifications if you've been passed to the next round, and they don't reject (or at least last year they didn't) during the interview season.
Nobody's heard?????
I was told we should be receiving a phone call tomorrow if we have been acceptedNobody's heard?????
I was told we should be receiving a phone call tomorrow if we have been accepted
Good to know! I guess I can stop freaking out. Haha.
Anyone heard anything????
Anyone heard anything????
I haven't! It's still very early in the day though!
Accepted! Got the call last night at 9:30!!
Congrats!Accepted! Got the call last night at 9:30!!
Congrats!!! Do you mind telling us when/where you interviewed?Accepted! Got the call last night at 9:30!!
I know someone else who got accepted last night too so they might be done notifying.
Have you gotten your email yet?
Accepted! Got the call last night at 9:30!!
Have you gotten your email yet?
Yup I interviewed October 27th at Savannah. Really lucked out both my interviewers were awesome. The committee member who called me told that the applicant pool was extremely competitive this year and they only accepted a few people at yesterday's meeting so im pretty stoked!Congrats!!! Do you mind telling us when/where you interviewed?
No have not gotten an email yet!I know someone else who got accepted last night too so they might be done notifying.
Have you gotten your email yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup I interviewed October 27th at Savannah. Really lucked out both my interviewers were awesome. The committee member who called me told that the applicant pool was extremely competitive this year and they only accepted a few people at yesterday's meeting so im pretty stoked!
Could you tell me who your committee interviewer was?
No have not gotten an email yet!
Alright, thanks. Congrats!!
And congrats to everyone else who got in!
Sorry I don't know how I feel about throwing out names on SDN like thatCould you tell me who your committee interviewer was?
So I just talked to Mrs. Spear. They accepted 21 applicants last night which brings the number to the low 80s. The next meeting is December 16th. She thinks they've notified everyone of acceptance, and she's about to send the email out. Good luck to everyone for the next meeting!
Edit: Realized that math doesn't add up since I was previously told they accepted 51 applicants for ED so take that number with a grain of salt. Maybe she meant to say low 70s instead.
Edit: Realized that math doesn't add up since I was previously told they accepted 51 applicants for ED so take that number with a grain of salt. Maybe she meant to say low 70s instead.
Last edited:
Completely understandable!! 🙂Sorry I don't know how I feel about throwing out names on SDN like that
accepted!! got an email this morning 

Congratulations!!accepted!! got an email this morning![]()
You didn't get a phone call as well?
Congratulations!!
You didn't get a phone call as well?
No phone call for me...just an email from one of my interviewers followed by an email from Ms. Spear. Maybe it just depends on your interviewer's style for whether you get a phone call or email
and thank you 🙂Congratulations!!
You didn't get a phone call as well?
If you were accepted today, would you mind sharing your MCAT/GPA? I understand that Mercer looks at a lot of other factors too, but I would like to see how selective they were when it came to those two aspects at this past committee meeting.
Does Mercer send out rejections during the cycle, or only at the very end?
Does Mercer send out rejections during the cycle, or only at the very end?
Last year, they did not send them out until the very end. My understanding is that everybody who does not get in during the cycle is rolled over to the next month's meeting each time. And then when they meet for the last time, they decide who to accept, who to waitlist, and who to reject.
If you were accepted today, would you mind sharing your MCAT/GPA? I understand that Mercer looks at a lot of other factors too, but I would like to see how selective they were when it came to those two aspects at this past committee meeting.
Also interview date??
3.9 GPA , 30 MCATIf you were accepted today, would you mind sharing your MCAT/GPA? I understand that Mercer looks at a lot of other factors too, but I would like to see how selective they were when it came to those two aspects at this past committee meeting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those who were accepted from this past meeting, what were your interview dates?
Is there a fb group for those accepted for the class of 2020?
Same question here!
3.9 and 30 mcat no interview yet?
Sounds like an opportunity for initiative! Usually someone makes one and spreads the word via SDN. It's like a slow clap. Go for it.Is there a fb group for those accepted for the class of 2020?

Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
