2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Canceled my interview for this Friday. Hope someone else is given this spot!

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected. No Surprise. Good luck to others still in the running!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, just got rejected but at least they were straightforward. Email subject: MSU CHM: UNSUCCESSFUL APPLICATION.

Reactions: 6 users
Also rejected about an hour ago. I have already begun planning for a reapplication. Good luck to the rest of you!

Has anyone been taken off of the pre-II hold list?

Has anyone turned in the Dean's Certification Form that asks about past conduct/disciplinary records? Who at your old school did you give this to?

Has anyone turned in the Dean's Certification Form that asks about past conduct/disciplinary records? Who at your old school did you give this to?
I mailed mine in. We have a Dean of Students at my undergrad so I found his email and asked him to sign it for me.

Lol that rejection email subject line tho: "UNSUCCESFUL APPLICATION." cool. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!

Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
That's a positive sign. Definitely.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a positive sign. Definitely.

Yeah, they said to reply by 2/26! I'm waiting for another decision at another school, and I'll probably hear back before then. If I get accepted, then I'll say no and open up my spot for someone else interested :)

Does the one on one student interviewer have access to the secondary app / PS prior to the interview? Just wondering what to expect and what conversation might be expected of me.

+1

I also got this email today... What does it mean? Is it different from the regular hold?

Reactions: 1 users
Recommended for ABLE, interviewed 1/29

Reactions: 1 users
If you go to ABLE, you'll see a lot of me! If you go into the medical school class.....well you might see a lot of me depends on if we are in the same society or not. LOL.

I can't wait to meet everyone. (and see how everyone goes from being happy and cheery to dark circles under the eyes and desperation. JK :highfive:

Just withdrew my application. Hope one of you waiting gets my interview slot in March. You more than deserve it!

Reactions: 2 users
Also recommended for ABLE, how competitive is the process to get into the program?

I'm withdrawing from my 3/4 interview. I hope it goes to someone very qualified. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the admissions committee meets by chance?
Thanks.

I got one a few weeks ago and replied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?

Last edited:
I got one a few weeks ago and relied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?

When did you get your email? I replied with yes too, but haven't got an interview yet! I don't think we are interviewing for waitlist haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
I got one a few weeks ago and replied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?

What interview dates were left? Congrats on the II btw!

Have they said anymore about how much the waitlist will possibly move at the more recent interviews? There hasn't been much movement in recent years, but i'm thinking there may be this year with the new curriculum?

Hey everyone!
Right now until 7pm Eastern Time, MSUCHM, is on the AAMC Medical School Virtual Fair answering questions for anyone. If you have any questions, we have students and admission reps available to answer questions.

For those of you who were accepted to LMU, were you accepted to the school at large first and then later accepted to LMU, or did you receive both acceptances at once?

Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?

For the applicants who were referred to the ABLE program, Did anyone received information regarding the ABLE program?

Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
I'm in the exact same boat! Have you by any chance heard when we will get the formal acceptances? Hopefully soon. Good luck :)

What do you guys think the waitlist will be like this year with the new curriculum? I'm waitlisted so I'm really hoping for some movement this year. New curriculum hasn't been tested anywhere, and it's two years constant with no major breaks. Also, the one exam per one semester idea is pretty nerve-wracking. If someone had a choice b/w a traditional curriculum and this one, what would you think they'd choose? Those of you in this situation, care to shed some light?

What do you think?

What do you guys think the waitlist will be like this year with the new curriculum? I'm waitlisted so I'm really hoping for some movement this year. New curriculum hasn't been tested anywhere, and it's two years constant with no major breaks. Also, the one exam per one semester idea is pretty nerve-wracking. If someone had a choice b/w a traditional curriculum and this one, what would you think they'd choose? Those of you in this situation, care to shed some light?

What do you think?

I really like the way the new curriculum looks, and appreciate the lack of huge breaks (much more real-world). I'm not sure about the testing situation, guessing it will need some tweaking as they test out the curriculum.

I'm sure there will be some students who chose not to be the guinea pig class for the new curriculum... Though I'd happily be one myself!

I really like the way the new curriculum looks, and appreciate the lack of huge breaks (much more real-world). I'm not sure about the testing situation, guessing it will need some tweaking as they test out the curriculum.

I'm sure there will be some students who chose not to be the guinea pig class for the new curriculum... Though I'd happily be one myself!
Yeah that's true. The guinea pig aspect of it is what I'm counting on...most people don't like being the guinea pigs.

I have all my eggs in the MSUCHM basket right now...

How long after your conditional acceptance till you guys received the email for the Criminal Background Check?

I'm in the exact same boat! Have you by any chance heard when we will get the formal acceptances? Hopefully soon. Good luck :)
Nope! Haven't heard anything yet at all, and still don't have the official.

Accepted! Got the call earlier this evening. Interviewed early March.

Where do people generally live at the EL and the GR campuses? I'm kind of concerned about finding housing at either location since there are a lot of other students at both places and we don't find out till late April where we will be at.