You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I mailed mine in. We have a Dean of Students at my undergrad so I found his email and asked him to sign it for me.Has anyone turned in the Dean's Certification Form that asks about past conduct/disciplinary records? Who at your old school did you give this to?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol that rejection email subject line tho: "UNSUCCESFUL APPLICATION." cool. Thanks.
+1 for being unsuccessful 🙂Lol that rejection email subject line tho: "UNSUCCESFUL APPLICATION." cool. Thanks.
April 14 in Grand Rapids and April 15 in East Lansing.Does anyone know when the Second Look Day will be? Or when they will let us know?
I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
That's a positive sign. Definitely.I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
That's a positive sign. Definitely.
Yeah, they said to reply by 2/26! I'm waiting for another decision at another school, and I'll probably hear back before then. If I get accepted, then I'll say no and open up my spot for someone else interested 🙂
I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
+1
I also got this email today... What does it mean? Is it different from the regular hold?I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
Congrats, and best of luck! Still waiting on my end :-(Recommended for ABLE, interviewed 1/29
Fingers crossed you'll get an acceptance phone call tonightCongrats, and best of luck! Still waiting on my end :-(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you go to ABLE, you'll see a lot of me! If you go into the medical school class.....well you might see a lot of me depends on if we are in the same society or not. LOL.
I can't wait to meet everyone. (and see how everyone goes from being happy and cheery to dark circles under the eyes and desperation. JK
I can't wait to meet everyone. (and see how everyone goes from being happy and cheery to dark circles under the eyes and desperation. JK

Just withdrew my application. Hope one of you waiting gets my interview slot in March. You more than deserve it!
Also recommended for ABLE, how competitive is the process to get into the program?
Also recommended for ABLE, how competitive is the process to get into the program?
Honestly? Very competitive. Very selective. That's because they are guaranteeing seats though.
Honestly? Very competitive. Very selective. That's because they are guaranteeing seats though.
Wish there was a subthread for ABLE. I feel like there's enough interest to warrant a mini FAQ about it.
I'm withdrawing from my 3/4 interview. I hope it goes to someone very qualified. Good luck everyone!!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/761622967298279/Is there an Facebook group for accepted students?
I got one a few weeks ago and replied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?I just got an email with the title "Hold Status - Continued Interest"
Basically, they are telling me that they're interested in me for an interview, but it's late in the cycle, so they want to know if I am interested in interviewing with them and I should reply with a "yes" or "no" so they know where I'm at with interviews/acceptances so they can decide to interview me or not. Not sure if anyone else got this email? I'm going to look at it as a positive sign!
Last edited:
I got one a few weeks ago and relied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?
When did you get your email? I replied with yes too, but haven't got an interview yet! I don't think we are interviewing for waitlist haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Last edited:
I got it on 2/16.When did you get your email? I replied with yes too, but haven't got an interview yet! I don't think we are interviewing for waitlist haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got one a few weeks ago and replied with yes. I got an interview invite via E-mail on Monday. Do you think we have a chance of getting in? Are we interviewing for wait list spots?
What interview dates were left? Congrats on the II btw!
I'm not sure they scheduled it for me late March.What interview dates were left? Congrats on the II btw!
Have they said anymore about how much the waitlist will possibly move at the more recent interviews? There hasn't been much movement in recent years, but i'm thinking there may be this year with the new curriculum?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
Wish there was a subthread for ABLE. I feel like there's enough interest to warrant a mini FAQ about it.
You should see my inbox. LOL. I don't mind it though
For the applicants who were referred to the ABLE program, Did anyone received information regarding the ABLE program?
For the applicants who were referred to the ABLE program, Did anyone received information regarding the ABLE program?
Check your junk/spam inbox.
Last edited:
Check your junk/spam inbox.
Thanks
I'm in the exact same boat! Have you by any chance heard when we will get the formal acceptances? Hopefully soon. Good luck 🙂Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
What do you guys think the waitlist will be like this year with the new curriculum? I'm waitlisted so I'm really hoping for some movement this year. New curriculum hasn't been tested anywhere, and it's two years constant with no major breaks. Also, the one exam per one semester idea is pretty nerve-wracking. If someone had a choice b/w a traditional curriculum and this one, what would you think they'd choose? Those of you in this situation, care to shed some light?
What do you think?
What do you think?
What do you guys think the waitlist will be like this year with the new curriculum? I'm waitlisted so I'm really hoping for some movement this year. New curriculum hasn't been tested anywhere, and it's two years constant with no major breaks. Also, the one exam per one semester idea is pretty nerve-wracking. If someone had a choice b/w a traditional curriculum and this one, what would you think they'd choose? Those of you in this situation, care to shed some light?
What do you think?
I really like the way the new curriculum looks, and appreciate the lack of huge breaks (much more real-world). I'm not sure about the testing situation, guessing it will need some tweaking as they test out the curriculum.
I'm sure there will be some students who chose not to be the guinea pig class for the new curriculum... Though I'd happily be one myself!
Yeah that's true. The guinea pig aspect of it is what I'm counting on...most people don't like being the guinea pigs.I really like the way the new curriculum looks, and appreciate the lack of huge breaks (much more real-world). I'm not sure about the testing situation, guessing it will need some tweaking as they test out the curriculum.
I'm sure there will be some students who chose not to be the guinea pig class for the new curriculum... Though I'd happily be one myself!
I have all my eggs in the MSUCHM basket right now...
Nope! Haven't heard anything yet at all, and still don't have the official.I'm in the exact same boat! Have you by any chance heard when we will get the formal acceptances? Hopefully soon. Good luck 🙂
Accepted! Got the call earlier this evening. Interviewed early March.
Where do people generally live at the EL and the GR campuses? I'm kind of concerned about finding housing at either location since there are a lot of other students at both places and we don't find out till late April where we will be at.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I did undergrad in EL, and the place is huge, lots of apartment complexes around campus. You should have no problem getting a lease for late July.Where do people generally live at the EL and the GR campuses? I'm kind of concerned about finding housing at either location since there are a lot of other students at both places and we don't find out till late April where we will be at.
Not familiar with GR.
Joining the wait list train...
Also on the alternate list. The process seems so vague at this point-how many are on the list, is movement a lottery, ordered, or hand selected? From the small sample source on this thread, there appears to be quite a few of us on the list. Here's to hoping there is movement this year!
I am still waiting for my letter as well and everything has cleared. They might just be behind?Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?