2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where do people generally live at the EL and the GR campuses? I'm kind of concerned about finding housing at either location since there are a lot of other students at both places and we don't find out till late April where we will be at.
Well, I did undergrad in EL, and the place is huge, lots of apartment complexes around campus. You should have no problem getting a lease for late July.
Not familiar with GR.

Members don't see this ad.

Also on the alternate list. The process seems so vague at this point-how many are on the list, is movement a lottery, ordered, or hand selected? From the small sample source on this thread, there appears to be quite a few of us on the list. Here's to hoping there is movement this year!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to those of you still waiting! I hope my spot goes to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
I am still waiting for my letter as well and everything has cleared. They might just be behind?

I got in!!!!!!!!!!! I am in utter disbelief! Took a screenshot of my call history to make sure I wasn't imagining things! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: I can't believe I'm finally here!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS Waitlisted. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting and congrats to the people that got in!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone on the waitlist that has tried to contact the school for any further information about their status?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
After you submit your campus preference in the application portal, should the page change to say "submitted" or anything of that sort? I think I submitted my choice, but the page stayed the same with the "save" and "submit" buttons still there. I had issues with other schools' portals before, so I just wanted to double check that it actually went through!

Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
Does anybody have an update on this?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got my official (formal) acceptance 2 days after my BG check

Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to you all it's a fantastic and exciting new curriculum!

Also withdrew my acceptance, best of luck!

Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist yet after the acceptances have been withdrawn? I was just curious because I have a friend who is waitlisted, he has asked me, and I honestly had no clue how to answer if there was movement going on. :/

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected after being put on the alternate list in early December. Just sent an LOI yesterday.

Rejected today. Alternate list November. Good luck all

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I was rejected too from the alternate list a couple days ago. My advisor told me they over accepted this year and won't be pulling from the alternate list much or at all this app cycle. But fortunately, I'm grateful they said it outright which gives some of us a sense of closure!

I was rejected too from the alternate list a couple days ago. My advisor told me they over accepted this year and won't be pulling from the alternate list much or at all this app cycle. But fortunately, I'm grateful they said it outright which gives some of us a sense of closure!
I'm still on the alternate list so I'm really not sure what's going on. Seems like a chunk of the alternate list was rejected this past Friday. Not sure what it means to still be on it if they over-accepted...

I'm still on the alternate list so I'm really not sure what's going on. Seems like a chunk of the alternate list was rejected this past Friday. Not sure what it means to still be on it if they over-accepted...
You probably still have a shot man! Best of luck to you!

Not to discourage people to lose hope, but odds are as the days pass by, the more and more students will be removed from the alternate list. Exactly as the previous student stated, there are advisors saying that they have called and are being told that they will most likely not be pulling from the waitlist this year. There may be only 2 or 3 seats open max. If you are still on the waitlist in the next couple weeks, you still could have a shot, but expect a lot of notifications going out soon. They have guaranteed seats for the ABLE students, if for some reason, someone in our cohort did not meet the requirements, they will offer that seat to someone on the alternate list as those seats are open; however, this year since there has been some overbooking, they most likely will not offer them up, and I'm pretty sure that everyone in my cohort made it through to matriculate with the class of 2020.

Nothing. :( my phone has died once already by how much I've refreshed my email and sdn... haha!
Ruth said that they won't be giving a decision out today and that they do not know quite when they will do so.

Ruth said that they won't be giving a decision out today and that they do not know quite when they will do so.

Did she say why? Have they sent anyone rejections yet? Kind of sucks making us wait since the next cycle already started...

Did she say why? Have they sent anyone rejections yet? Kind of sucks making us wait since the next cycle already started...

She was not able to extrapolate further than to say that the committee met on Friday. They cannot tell one candidate a decision because it would be unfair to the rest. They are unsure of when we will be notified. However, we will be receiving a decision via email, whether that be an admission or non-admission into the ABLE program. Dr. Lipscomb is out of the office until 06/17 but has access to her email and can respond if necessary. We're all in the same boat and I guess we have to just keep our fingers crossed that we hear something good!

Anybody else heard good news? Anybody else been accepted to the ABLE program?

I still haven't heard. Assuming at this point that they send rejections last?

Unfortunately they usually do send out all of them at the same time. It may still be that they haven't sent all of them out yet. Just stay positive until you hear no, then let yourself have time to be a little upset, then focus on reapplying and becoming the best physician you can possibly be!

To all accepted ABLE students, congratulations! I will see you next month!

From what I've noticed, acceptances go out on Tuesdays and rejections on Fridays. I've spent weeks scouring CHMs threads lol

Unfortunately they usually do send out all of them at the same time. It may still be that they haven't sent all of them out yet. Just stay positive until you hear no, then let yourself have time to be a little upset, then focus on reapplying and becoming the best physician you can possibly be!
So if we didn't get an email today, do we still have hope next Tuesday or are we pretty much out?

For those who are doing ABLE, has anyone received any information about Summer Institute? I sent in my forms but haven't heard anything since.