You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What state?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What state?
California! Interviewed on the last day also. So excited! This was one of my top choices!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Me too! CA resident and same day interview. Are you going to second look?California! Interviewed on the last day also. So excited! This was one of my top choices!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Anyone on the waitlist that has tried to contact the school for any further information about their status?
Me too! CA resident and same day interview. Are you going to second look?
Probably not 🙂 this was actually my top choice!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
After you submit your campus preference in the application portal, should the page change to say "submitted" or anything of that sort? I think I submitted my choice, but the page stayed the same with the "save" and "submit" buttons still there. I had issues with other schools' portals before, so I just wanted to double check that it actually went through!
.
Last edited:
Does anybody have an update on this?Hey guys! I was accepted more then a month ago and they said that an official acceptance would come after my BG check. My BC check has been complete for a month and no official acceptance yet! anybody else in this situation or did you all get your official acceptance shortly after your conditional acceptance?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got my official (formal) acceptance 2 days after my BG check
And how long did it take for the BG check to complete?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to you all it's a fantastic and exciting new curriculum!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also withdrew my acceptance, best of luck!
Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist yet after the acceptances have been withdrawn? I was just curious because I have a friend who is waitlisted, he has asked me, and I honestly had no clue how to answer if there was movement going on. :/
Rejected after being put on the alternate list in early December. Just sent an LOI yesterday.
Rejected after being put on the alternate list in early December. Just sent an LOI yesterday.
Same here, sent LOI and additional reference letter earlier in April. I am grateful they let me know however, better than being in limbo!
Rejected today. Alternate list November. Good luck all
Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
what tier were you guys on may I ask ?Same here, sent LOI and additional reference letter earlier in April. I am grateful they let me know however, better than being in limbo!
I don't think CHM has tiers like COMwhat tier were you guys on may I ask ?
Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I was rejected too from the alternate list a couple days ago. My advisor told me they over accepted this year and won't be pulling from the alternate list much or at all this app cycle. But fortunately, I'm grateful they said it outright which gives some of us a sense of closure!
I'm still on the alternate list so I'm really not sure what's going on. Seems like a chunk of the alternate list was rejected this past Friday. Not sure what it means to still be on it if they over-accepted...I was rejected too from the alternate list a couple days ago. My advisor told me they over accepted this year and won't be pulling from the alternate list much or at all this app cycle. But fortunately, I'm grateful they said it outright which gives some of us a sense of closure!
You probably still have a shot man! Best of luck to you!I'm still on the alternate list so I'm really not sure what's going on. Seems like a chunk of the alternate list was rejected this past Friday. Not sure what it means to still be on it if they over-accepted...
Yeah hopefully...Anyone else still on alternate?!You probably still have a shot man! Best of luck to you!
Not to discourage people to lose hope, but odds are as the days pass by, the more and more students will be removed from the alternate list. Exactly as the previous student stated, there are advisors saying that they have called and are being told that they will most likely not be pulling from the waitlist this year. There may be only 2 or 3 seats open max. If you are still on the waitlist in the next couple weeks, you still could have a shot, but expect a lot of notifications going out soon. They have guaranteed seats for the ABLE students, if for some reason, someone in our cohort did not meet the requirements, they will offer that seat to someone on the alternate list as those seats are open; however, this year since there has been some overbooking, they most likely will not offer them up, and I'm pretty sure that everyone in my cohort made it through to matriculate with the class of 2020.
Has anyone referred to ABLE heard anything?
Nothing. 🙁 my phone has died once already by how much I've refreshed my email and sdn... haha!
Nothing. 🙁 my phone has died once already by how much I've refreshed my email and sdn... haha!
Absolute torture right!
🙁 Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ruth said that they won't be giving a decision out today and that they do not know quite when they will do so.Nothing. 🙁 my phone has died once already by how much I've refreshed my email and sdn... haha!
Ruth said that they won't be giving a decision out today and that they do not know quite when they will do so.
Did she say why? Have they sent anyone rejections yet? Kind of sucks making us wait since the next cycle already started...
Did she say why? Have they sent anyone rejections yet? Kind of sucks making us wait since the next cycle already started...
She was not able to extrapolate further than to say that the committee met on Friday. They cannot tell one candidate a decision because it would be unfair to the rest. They are unsure of when we will be notified. However, we will be receiving a decision via email, whether that be an admission or non-admission into the ABLE program. Dr. Lipscomb is out of the office until 06/17 but has access to her email and can respond if necessary. We're all in the same boat and I guess we have to just keep our fingers crossed that we hear something good!
Accepted to the ABLE program! 


So excited!



So excited!Anybody else heard good news? Anybody else been accepted to the ABLE program?
Accepted!
Last edited:
I still haven't heard. Assuming at this point that they send rejections last?
Unfortunately they usually do send out all of them at the same time. It may still be that they haven't sent all of them out yet. Just stay positive until you hear no, then let yourself have time to be a little upset, then focus on reapplying and becoming the best physician you can possibly be!
To all accepted ABLE students, congratulations! I will see you next month!
From what I've noticed, acceptances go out on Tuesdays and rejections on Fridays. I've spent weeks scouring CHMs threads lolI still haven't heard. Assuming at this point that they send rejections last?
So if we didn't get an email today, do we still have hope next Tuesday or are we pretty much out?Unfortunately they usually do send out all of them at the same time. It may still be that they haven't sent all of them out yet. Just stay positive until you hear no, then let yourself have time to be a little upset, then focus on reapplying and becoming the best physician you can possibly be!
I was sent an email about being an ABLE alternate the following Thursday. Have you received anything since the 13th?So if we didn't get an email today, do we still have hope next Tuesday or are we pretty much out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who are doing ABLE, has anyone received any information about Summer Institute? I sent in my forms but haven't heard anything since.
Other than the fact that you start July 18th, we haven't heard anything. You should know soon. This new curriculum has made it difficult for them. Just know it won't be wasted time and they will have things for you to do. Your first day is relaxed usually showing you around campus and giving a tour of lab etc.
I'm interested about how the new curriculum affects ABLE. I heard it used to be that you take anatomy with the first years, but I don't see how that'll happen now with SDC.Other than the fact that you start July 18th, we haven't heard anything. You should know soon. This new curriculum has made it difficult for them. Just know it won't be wasted time and they will have things for you to do. Your first day is relaxed usually showing you around campus and giving a tour of lab etc.
I'm interested about how the new curriculum affects ABLE. I heard it used to be that you take anatomy with the first years, but I don't see how that'll happen now with SDC.
I just got accepted to it, and while I thought I was getting flooded with info at first, I realized that we still haven't gotten any tidbits regarding the actual "day-to-day" for the program. I'm trying my best to stay out of their hair at the moment, but I can't help but feel a little lost since there's no info about it online.
I'm interested about how the new curriculum affects ABLE. I heard it used to be that you take anatomy with the first years, but I don't see how that'll happen now with SDC.
Hi! We just had a meeting last week about it, and will be meeting again sometime this week to discuss everything more in depth since it is so close now.
At this point, nothing will be changed from what we took, to what yall will take. The one difference is that all of the "medical school classes" will be only with other ABLE students except for lab I'm sure.
Wanna know the sad part?
I know more about the ABLE curriculum than I do my own at this point. Lol.
I just got accepted to it, and while I thought I was getting flooded with info at first, I realized that we still haven't gotten any tidbits regarding the actual "day-to-day" for the program. I'm trying my best to stay out of their hair at the moment, but I can't help but feel a little lost since there's no info about it online.
You will find out more about the day to day when you get to the summer session. That's also when you'll receive your summer session schedule.
They'll probably have it set up the same way they did for us. Your day to day schedule will be pretty similar every day, but changes a little bit here and there. They use google calendar to make sure everyone is on the same page and it's super convenient. I'll keep yall updated with anything new I may here this week at our next meeting.