2015-2016 Michigan State University Application Thread

Started by Ismet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does it mean "held for interview decision." ?

It means they will re-review the application at a later date once more applications have been submitted. Basically, they want to compare the application to more applications before they decide on whether or not to give an interview.
 
Legitimate thought I had: Calling admissions from another phone number, and asking when they would be releasing interview dates... :bored:

I think this process is getting the best of me
 
Does that mean nobody has received a rejection yet?
I have no idea. I would assume with the first batch of interview invites they would have a few rejections since it is one of the possibilities after they review your app but I honestly have no idea how MSU does it. If you are waitlisted though fear not because my friend got off the waitlist a week before classes started this year!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I started following the MSU CHM Admission's twitter and I haven't heard anything since their post last Friday saying "Interview Invites would be going out shortly." Was worried that maybe people got them and they didn't post on SDN
 
I started following the MSU CHM Admission's twitter and I haven't heard anything since their post last Friday saying "Interview Invites would be going out shortly." Was worried that maybe people got them and they didn't post on SDN
I think now that school has started for them we'll start hearing movement on them by next week at least. Maybe tomorrow if we are lucky!
 
Quick question does this school prescreen or do they send a secondary invite to every applicant?
 
Last edited:
I need to hear something today or I might completely lose my mind. My nights have turned into
julia-louis-dreyfus-wine.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats you guys!! Mind sharing when you were complete?!
Best wishes on your interviews.

Still under preliminary review here.. complete 8/5
 
Congrats you guys!! Mind sharing when you were complete?!
Best wishes on your interviews.

Still under preliminary review here.. complete 8/5
Secondary submitted 7/16, but last letter from MSU prof didn't get into system until 7/21, so maybe that is the complete date.
Didn't keep track.
 
Forwarded to preliminary review on 07/23, not put on hold on the portal, but no email about interview. Do we know if MSU does silent rejections?
 
Interview invite today! I'm suffering from imposter syndrome something serious today. IS, military, URM, non-trad, but not so hot MCAT. Best wishes to everyone and see you at the end of the month!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II!!!!! IS, interviewing at Grand Rapids!

WHEW. I was seriously losing it last night after you all got II's and my inbox was empty!

Same!! Apparently another wave is coming out this morning! I wish they didn't select the day for us though- coming in the middle of the week isn't exactly ideal. Oh well, not complaining!!!
 
Same!! Apparently another wave is coming out this morning! I wish they didn't select the day for us though- coming in the middle of the week isn't exactly ideal. Oh well, not complaining!!!
Agreed. I have a date in the middle of the week as well with a work conflict 🤔. I'm worried about taking my chances with requesting a reschedule, though....