-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow, you are almost my stats twin! I'm instate for Oakland, so I have been spared the hammer so far. Good luck to youRejected GPA 4.0, MCAT 34.
Eh, my best friend interviewed here last cycle with stats higher than those in this thread and she's currently starting M1 at a top 20 school. I don't think you can write it off as number-protecting, no offense. There's a good chance your application didn't project that your goals aligned with those of Oakland's or that you were serious about matriculating there.
P.S. Oakland please want me!!
Well obviously numbers arent the only thing to consider but this does happen everywhere.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected GPA 4.0, MCAT 34.
Wishing you the best of luck for the rest of the cycle. With stats like that, I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. When were you complete btw?
When were you complete? Good luck with the rest of the cycle!Reeeeeeeeeeejected. First of the cycle. It was a good run.
Good luck to everyone still in the running.
Sorry to hear :/ Good luck with the rest of your apps!Reeeeeeeeeeejected. First of the cycle. It was a good run.
Good luck to everyone still in the running.
When were you complete? Good luck with the rest of the cycle!
Submitted 7/2. Didn't get a complete notification but it wasn't much after that.
Rejected as well. Good luck to the rest of you!
Lol jk pls give me an interview
I'm in the same boat lol no news is good news!Lol jk pls give me an interview
Congrats! That's amazing! Would you mind sharing your complete date and stats?
II! Really excited; 3.55 sGPA (upward trend) and 34 MCAT. I think the previous posters have it that they're rejecting people with too-high numbers. Maybe it's to maximize the number of people they accept who matriculate at their school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nice! When were you complete?
Complete 7/4. Yes, I took part of the holiday weekend to do secondaries. (-_-)
First II!
Complete on 7/10
3.45 uGPA
3.83 postbacc
34 MCAT
In first semester of an MS program
Extremely excited about this school, their charter class matches look awesome! I was going to sign up for the 9/18 interview, but it filled up before I got the okay from my advisor to miss a midterm 🙁
Oh well, I'll see some of you on 10/2!
Complete on 7/10
3.45 uGPA
3.83 postbacc
34 MCAT
In first semester of an MS program
Extremely excited about this school, their charter class matches look awesome! I was going to sign up for the 9/18 interview, but it filled up before I got the okay from my advisor to miss a midterm 🙁
Oh well, I'll see some of you on 10/2!
Last edited:
Same here, radio silence on my end. Waiting for the axe to fall lol.HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO BE COMPLETE ON JULY 1ST AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING BACK YET OH MY GOD JUST REJECT ME ALREADY
Same here, radio silence on my end. Waiting for the axe to fall lol.
Seriously lol. At least we know they've reviewed our apps and at least have decided to not immediately reject us lol
Does anyone know if the 2 30 minute interviews are closed or open file? Just curious
Question, just submitted secondary, however on the portal it says my letter has been received ( name of advisor) however there is still a red exclamation point. I sent amcas a letter packet containing a committee letter as well as a doctor letter. Should I call? is this still adequate for their requirements?
I submitted yesterday and mine's the same. I'm guessing that they just haven't pulled it from AMCAS and into their own system yet.Question, just submitted secondary, however on the portal it says my letter has been received ( name of advisor) however there is still a red exclamation point. I sent amcas a letter packet containing a committee letter as well as a doctor letter. Should I call? is this still adequate for their requirements?
Question, just submitted secondary, however on the portal it says my letter has been received ( name of advisor) however there is still a red exclamation point. I sent amcas a letter packet containing a committee letter as well as a doctor letter. Should I call? is this still adequate for their requirements?
I had that too originally, but after a few days, it changed to a green checkmark. You'll be fine!
I had that too originally, but after a few days, it changed to a green checkmark. You'll be fine!
I submitted yesterday and mine's the same. I'm guessing that they just haven't pulled it from AMCAS and into their own system yet.
says they received on 7/27 tho
says they received on 7/27 tho
Yep, that's exactly what I had. It was marked as received but still had the red exclamation point. 2-3 days later it changed to the green checkmark...don't worry!
D
deleted642188
Hey guys quick help on teh secondary.
for the prerequisite section my physics labs are both seperate from the lectures; how should I list the physics lab if they only let you have one spot for physics lab?
for the prerequisite section my physics labs are both seperate from the lectures; how should I list the physics lab if they only let you have one spot for physics lab?
Hey guys quick help on teh secondary.
for the prerequisite section my physics labs are both seperate from the lectures; how should I list the physics lab if they only let you have one spot for physics lab?
I emailed them about this a while back. Just put your highest level lab in the box. If you took PHY 1 and 2, put the PHY 2 lab in.
D
deleted642188
Submitted!!! Secondary received 23 July
Submitted: 14 August
Submitted: 14 August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted642188
I hope I am not too late in submission...
I doubt it! They only have 36 interview spots filled out of an anticipated 500. You're fine!I hope I am not too late in submission...
I doubt it! They only have 36 interview spots filled out of an anticipated 500. You're fine!
Hey, where'd you get those #s from???
D
deleted642188
I doubt it! They only have 36 interview spots filled out of an anticipated 500. You're fine!
Much appreciation for your kind words
Sorry to hear that, when were you complete?Rejected
gpa - 3.77
mcat - 35
First rejection in this cycle 😀 Hope this doesnt continue
With those stats I'm sure you'll have lots of offers!Rejected
gpa - 3.77
mcat - 35
First rejection in this cycle 😀 Hope this doesnt continue
Rejected
gpa - 3.77
mcat - 35
First rejection in this cycle 😀 Hope this doesnt continue
So sorry about that and good luck with the rest of the cycle. When were you complete?
That's good to know and I'm sure many schools have similar interview numbers now.I doubt it! They only have 36 interview spots filled out of an anticipated 500. You're fine!
it's definitely not your canadian-ness! call them and ask for feedback if you like, but be assured it's not your nationality that got you rejected.I am applying for medical schools 🙁 Just realized my status is set as pre dental. I must have made a mistake.
I was complete in July 14th. Forgot to mention that I am Canadian which may have had contributed to the rejection.
Well good luck everyone!
So I'm gonna guess that it's too late to add this school now? Especially with a low verbal (6)?Woah 113 interview positions filled already!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know! It seems like its happening too fast...Holy crap that is a little over 20% of the spots
Damn. Ugh! I just got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am really excited about this school. I hope I am in the next batch of IIs.Woah 113 interview positions filled already!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K