-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Oakland University (Beaumont) Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just received mine as well. I'm just glad to have an answer. I can now focus my energy on my interviews and other applications. Best of luck to all with interviews here or waiting to hear back!Just got my rejection email. Complete mid July. Can't win em all. Good luck guys! 🙂
I also just got the rejected email. Ohh well. Good luck to everyone still in it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got my rejection email. Complete mid July. Can't win em all. Good luck guys! 🙂
I just received mine as well. I'm just glad to have an answer. I can now focus my energy on my interviews and other applications. Best of luck to all with interviews here or waiting to hear back!
I also just got the rejected email. Ohh well. Good luck to everyone still in it!
when were you all complete?
7/7when were you all complete?
I was complete 8/5, so I'm guessing I have a bit of time left to wait and see for my app...
II today! So excited! Complete 7/14 MCAT 30 GPA 3.84
Very early in July.when were you all complete?
Sorry to hear about your rejection. Besides the email they send, does the ad com's decision also show up on your portal?
How are you guys preparing for interviews?
How are you guys preparing for interviews?
Practice common interview questions with friends, read a recent book on healthcare, look through SDN threads/interview feedback, read the school's website. I had my first interview last week (not at Oakland), and there were questions that I could not have prepared for. Just have a general idea of the answers for some common question. Most of all, relax and enjoy yourself during the interview day!
Complete since 7/20 and still haven't heard anything 🙁
+1 but 7/17Complete since 7/20 and still haven't heard anything 🙁
Complete since 7/20 and still haven't heard anything 🙁
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OUWB Admissions tweeted today "Applicants: Interview emails are sent out slowly. Every application is read twice.May take as few as 5 wks or as many as 10-12 wks to hear."
Rejected today. LizzyM around 66
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
Rejected today. LizzyM around 66
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry :/ Complete?
Sorry :/ Complete?
Submitted(/complete?) 7/18
When was the earliest interview date for this school?
When I signed up for mine a few days ago, 10/21.When was the earliest interview date for this school?
+1 but 7/17Complete 7/11 and nothing yet!
II earlier today. stats in MDApps.
Can't bring myself to "like", but I am sorry for this. Hopefully you are having better luck elsewhere. My strategy of 25 schools seemed overwhelming in August with all the secondaries, but I'm getting some love from my safeties.Riding the rejection train to sad town
Can't bring myself to "like", but I am sorry for this. Hopefully you are having better luck elsewhere. My strategy of 25 schools seemed overwhelming in August with all the secondaries, but I'm getting some love from my safeties.
Thank you! I have two II from Michigan schools. I am in state, but I thought this was my golden opportunity here. So funny how this system works sometimes. Good luck to everyone still in the running here! I visited last year and loved it.
IT is good to be a Michigan Resident!! Best wishes to you.Thank you! I have two II from Michigan schools. I am in state, but I thought this was my golden opportunity here. So funny how this system works sometimes. Good luck to everyone still in the running here! I visited last year and loved it.
Same here! I was complete on the 9th I believe, but I suppose we'll be hearing from them within the next month. On their website, as of today, they've only scheduled ~185 of an anticipated 500 interview slots though!Complete 7/11 and nothing yet!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get put on hold???
Did anyone else get put on hold???
do they email you or do you have to check portal?
Is it inappropriate to send an update letter pre II? I submitted my app the first day on July 1st and still haven't heard back. Maybe an update letter would help give them a nudge? Does anyone have any advice? 🙂
It will not help at all. It'd be a waste of time for you to do soIs it inappropriate to send an update letter pre II? I submitted my app the first day on July 1st and still haven't heard back. Maybe an update letter would help give them a nudge? Does anyone have any advice? 🙂
OUWB is seriously one of the coolest, most transparent med schools I have seen.
Their entire curriculum is detailed on their site, including the weekly course schedules for the last 5 years.
That may not sound impressive, but hardly any schools offer this information, even after acceptance.
OUWB Course Schedules
And have you guys seen this Twitter page? So much important info they are just giving out for free...
I love that they often refer to SDN on their Twitter feed.
Shout out, OUWB... YOU ROCK!!!!
https://twitter.com/OUWBAdmissions
Their entire curriculum is detailed on their site, including the weekly course schedules for the last 5 years.
That may not sound impressive, but hardly any schools offer this information, even after acceptance.
OUWB Course Schedules
And have you guys seen this Twitter page? So much important info they are just giving out for free...
I love that they often refer to SDN on their Twitter feed.
Shout out, OUWB... YOU ROCK!!!!
https://twitter.com/OUWBAdmissions
@mrslandingham Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate you taking the time to elaborate on that for me. Guess I will just be patient 🙂
Any recommendation on how to get from the airport to a hotel by the university? I would rent a car but I'm not 25 and don't want to pay high rental fees if there's a cheaper option. Thank you!
Uber might be a good bet. I don't know how expensive it is but it's usually a good option. Maybe you can see if any other SDNers are interviewing the same day and you can share transit fees?Any recommendation on how to get from the airport to a hotel by the university? I would rent a car but I'm not 25 and don't want to pay high rental fees if there's a cheaper option. Thank you!
Reeejected today, not too bitter about it though. Good luck to everyone else!!
Congratulations @tejas514!! Still no word here, complete July 1st lol.
Congratulations @tejas514!! Still no word here, complete July 1st lol.
Dont Worry I just called yesterday. They said 2 people will review your file and it would take until late septeber but i got it a day later. even the admissions lady recognized me. Kind of very funny. Best of luck to you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I was also complete 7/17 but have yet to hear back, unfortunately.II 30 minutes ago! Complete 7/17! LizzyM 64, didn't think this would happen. IS. Very excited!!!
Thank you for your sweet, thoughtful post @mrslandingham! I could not be more excited about interviewing at OUWB... I can tell it is a special community from all the student videos and info the school provides.Good luck to those of you interviewing this Friday! Don't hesitate to contact me with questions. Wishing you all the best and I hope you love it as much as I do. It was one of my favorite interview days since the admissions office at OUWB is seriously the best one I worked with - they are so helpful and transparent - and the students you'll meet are awesome too.
Fun fact - we did just change our colors to gold and cobalt blue to match Beaumont's new logo (they just went from maroon to cobalt after acquiring a couple new hospitals). You can check our new colors/logo out on the OUWB website. In other news, the M1s just made it through our first round of exams! Only a few dozen more to go 😉
And I cannot believe you already did exams, that is insane.. Best of luck to you!
I've been complete since 7/17 and haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't consider myself a strong applicant.Hey guys! I am super late in the application process 🙁 submitting secondary this week
How long on average have people been seeing from secondary submission to reject/interview offer?
This school looks awesome!!! I'd love to end up here 🙂
do they email you or do you have to check portal?
They emailed me that I was put on hold for further review! Not totally sure what that means or if this happened to anybody else?
When were you complete?Did anyone else get put on hold???
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K