You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by TxC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Almost forgot that I applied here. They're prob not on Sept apps yet though?
I was complete at the very end of August. Hold for re-review 10/20. The process is wack.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone see the additional info tab recently? Been checking everyday and still nothing. Do you think they fixed the glitch already?
when did you interview?Did anyone see the additional info tab recently? Been checking everyday and still nothing. Do you think they fixed the glitch already?
10/5when did you interview?
Thanks for the info!!
And is the tab still there?I interviewed on 10/9 and got the additional info tab last week
Mine is, and in addition I have an "accepted survey" tab which came after I submitted my deposit.And is the tab still there?
Has anyone been rejected after the "additional info" tab appeared?
Going off of that, has anyone gotten accepted without seeing the additional info tab first?
It seems that those who have been rejected did not get an additional info tab. I got my additional tab on 11/7 and got my acceptance letter in the mail on 11/19!Has anyone been rejected after the "additional info" tab appeared?
How many weeks after your interview date did the additional info tab appear??It seems that those who have been rejected did not get an additional info tab. I got my additional tab on 11/7 and got my acceptance letter in the mail on 11/19!
My tab appears on 11/13 (Friday!) and it appears that my letter won't make it until after Thanksgiving 🙁. Int'd on 10/5
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i see an additional info tab in between secondary application and user profile tabs...but I haven't logged in a while so I am not sure if this was already there before. The additional info tab just says to enter my SSN...does everyone have this tab?
update: Including a screenshot. Was the additional info tab not always there?
Anyone who interviewed in September have no decision yet? I called them and they told me they were still deciding on my file.
Thank you, and congratulations!! 🙂It seems that those who have been rejected did not get an additional info tab. I got my additional tab on 11/7 and got my acceptance letter in the mail on 11/19!
I interviewed on 10/7. I received the committee hold email on 11/23. Hoping for the best and an acceptance!
Do you have an additional info tab?I interviewed on 10/7. I received the committee hold email on 11/23. Hoping for the best and an acceptance!
Yep that's exactly what it looks like. No guarantees, but that likely means good news is on the way.So i see an additional info tab in between secondary application and user profile tabs...but I haven't logged in a while so I am not sure if this was already there before. The additional info tab just says to enter my SSN...does everyone have this tab?
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I really hope that's the case. I couldn't remember if I always had that tab or not. Did it appear for you out of no where and soon came the acceptance?Yep that's exactly what it looks like. No guarantees, but that likely means good news is on the way.
Yeah, it was not there on mine until about 3-4 weeks post interview, and then I got my acceptance letter by snail mail a few days later.Awesome, thanks for the reply! I really hope that's the case. I couldn't remember if I always had that tab or not. Did it appear for you out of no where and soon came the acceptance?
snail mail to your AMCAS address right?Yeah, it was not there on mine until about 3-4 weeks post interview, and then I got my acceptance letter by snail mail a few days later.
That's correct, yes.snail mail to your AMCAS address right?
Can anyone share a brief description of the interview day? Thank you so much in advance.
I do not.Do you have an additional info tab?
They could be in Hershey or any of the affiliated hospitals in Harrisburg, York etc. You put in your preference and they have a lottery system for clerkship locations (unless you do the regional thing at Nittany). It was actually a big turnoff for me that they couldn't guarantee I would be able to stay in Hershey for all 4 years.
Yeah, I agree. It's a turnoff for me as well--I know it might not happen, but I guess it's the possibility that I would be assigned to a far location that I don't love. If I have to drive--that's not really a big deal. I'm more concerned if I would have to move just for one rotation or something like that. Moving several times a year doesn't sound fun (especially when you're a poor med student).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FYIII this morning! OOS complete end of July. Super surprised and excited but seems like Hershey isn't an easy place to travel to on a budget from across the country!
I am researching out on the West Coast but am from NY with family. What I did (which saved me 2-300$) was fly into JFK, chill out for a day or so, then on Sunday take the Amtrak to Harrisburg (2.5-3hrs depending on stops). Spent approx 550$ before hotel. Would've been cheaper if I drove 2hrs south to a big international airport (probably 350)
FYI
I am researching out on the West Coast but am from NY with family. What I did (which saved me 2-300$) was fly into JFK, chill out for a day or so, then on Sunday take the Amtrak to Harrisburg (2.5-3hrs depending on stops). Spent approx 550$ before hotel. Would've been cheaper if I drove 2hrs south to a big international airport (probably 350)
This is very helpful, thank you so much!
Just out of curiosity , do you guys think if someone has multiple acceptances, shouldn't they just choose the top 3 schools they want to attend and withdraw from others?
There are so many people waiting just to get an opportunity to interview.
I would withdraw if I was in that position.
There are so many people waiting just to get an opportunity to interview.
I would withdraw if I was in that position.
How many forums will you be posting this in? Asking for a friend.Just out of curiosity , do you guys think if someone has multiple acceptances, shouldn't they just choose the top 3 schools they want to attend and withdraw from others?
There are so many people waiting just to get an opportunity to interview.
I would withdraw if I was in that position.
Congrats!!Long time SDN lurker here posting for the first time. Received acceptance letter in the mail today!!
Interviewed 10/12, Additional info tab on 11/23 (same as date on letter), LizzyM ~70, OOS. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Last edited:
To be bluntly honest, I would wait until I have all financial aid packages if the schools were all similar in rank. If I got into a top 10 program versus acceptances in much lower ranked schools and my fit with the institution was great, I'd accept that school and withdraw from the rest.Just out of curiosity , do you guys think if someone has multiple acceptances, shouldn't they just choose the top 3 schools they want to attend and withdraw from others?
There are so many people waiting just to get an opportunity to interview.
I would withdraw if I was in that position.
Statistically speaking, individuals with acceptances are lesser than those with waitlists. Furthermore, who says a withdrawing acceptee means those without a II will get one ? Your app and fit is much more than probability...
Long time SDN lurker here posting for the first time. Received acceptance letter in the mail today!!
Interviewed 10/12, Additional info tab on 11/23 (same as date on letter), LizzyM ~70, OOS. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats! My additional info tab showed up on 11/13, yet I have not got any letter. I guess it takes longer for IS 🙁
Maybe the mail got lost somewhere?Congrats! My additional info tab showed up on 11/13, yet I have not got any letter. I guess it takes longer for IS 🙁
Would anyone like to share a brief description of the interview day?
Rejected pre interview this morning. OOS, Lizzy M 68. Too lazy to check when complete, but probably early on. Good luck to everyone else!
Got put on hold today as well, more waiting 🙁 🙁 but guess we should be thankful since it isn't a rejection. ( OOS, non-trad, Lizzy M around 67)
when were you complete?Got put on hold today as well, more waiting 🙁 🙁 but guess we should be thankful since it isn't a rejection. ( OOS, non-trad, Lizzy M around 67)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I dont know, they never sent me the "complete" email. I checked the portal and it doesn't give a date from what I can tell. I submitted the secondary 08/02/215when were you complete?
Put on hold today. Btw for those traveling to Hershey from far away, I'm from the area and I have an idea for you. You could fly into philadelphia bc it's a bigger airport, take the train to 30th street station which is super easy to navigate with Google maps and costs like $5 cash, take a megabus from there to Harrisburg which costs like $5-15 and then when you get there, Harrisburg has uber. I don't know how much it would be to get to Hershey but Hershey is like 10-15 minutes away from the megabus stop at the Harrisburg mall. The whole journey from Philly to Harrisburg should be like 3 hours or less so it's not that big of a hassle to save money. Good luck to everyone!
Did you guys get an email notification?Pre-II hold. Complete September. Lizzy 69