You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Pennsylvania State University Application Thread
Started by TxC
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats !! are IS or OOS ?got an II at around 8 in the morning yesterday after being on hold since November. The only date open to interview was march 30th. I am not sure if they only open up few interview dates at a time or not. Also does anyone know when is the last day Med schools have to give you a response if you interviewed?
Stats if you don't mind. Thanks
I called admissions and I was
told they will interview until the end of March, and there was no cut off date to receive an interview.
told they will interview until the end of March, and there was no cut off date to receive an interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
really? I called on Monday and they literally said that 3/23 would be the last date to receive an interview, 3/24 the latest. I am going to call again today and find out I guess?I called admissions and I was
told they will interview until the end of March, and there was no cut off date to receive an interview.
really? I called on Monday and they literally said that 3/23 would be the last date to receive an interview, 3/24 the latest. I am going to call again today and find out I guess?
I just called them right now and they said that IIs are going out till Monday afternoon. They said anything's possible until then!
thank you so much for calling! Hoping for some good news then =)I just called them right now and they said that IIs are going out till Monday afternoon. They said anything's possible until then!
OOS. 3.6 GPA 30 old MCAT and I am a non traditional applicant took two years off and have been doing clinical researchCongrats !! are IS or OOS ?
Stats if you don't mind. Thanks
I waited 11 weeks and was accepted. Don't be worried. Longer doesn't = bad news. Just be patient! Good luck.9 weeks and 4 days since my interview, should I be worried? (Jan. 13 interview).
Officially in the wait list club. Interviewed 2/19.
Were you on the wait list?Accepted via email! Interviewed around the end of January!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No, I was not.
Congrats! And March 30th is the final interview day, hence why it's the only one still listed.
I believe by April 30th schools must either accept, reject, or wait list students who interviewed.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I thought April 30th was the date that accepted students must decline all other accepted offers? Can anyone confirm?
I thought April 30th was the date that accepted students must decline all other accepted offers? Can anyone confirm?
Yeah I believe you're right.
I would think there could be some people that haven't heard by April 30th, especially if you have a really late interview.
Yeah I believe you're right.
I would think there could be some people that haven't heard by April 30th, especially if you have a really late interview.
True, thanks! I'm just getting anxious.. I'm waitlisted here as well as all the other schools I interviewed at.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
today is the day remaining for us hold applicants to receive an interview - ahhh!
Anyone know the schedule for Second Look Day..? Never got an e-mail with details.. trying to make travel plans!
Called the admissions in the morning, they said they would send II's until end of the day.today is the day remaining for us hold applicants to receive an interview - ahhh!
that's what they told me when I called earlier this morning. I am really hoping for this one.Called the admissions in the morning, they said they would send II's until end of the day.
Anyone waiting for an interview heard anything today?
Anyone waiting for an interview heard anything today?
nothing 🙁
absolutely nothing 🙁
Damn. I have been neurotically checking my email and portalnothing 🙁
absolutely nothing 🙁
I'm assuming if we don't hear within 30 min it's a no. Historically they close at 5
sameDamn. I have been neurotically checking my email and portal![]()
Probably done now.I'm assuming if we don't hear within 30 min it's a no. Historically they close at 5
Can't stress how important this is. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Does anybody know what date orientation will start? I have some potential financial commitments contingent upon the date of orientation, and I have to make some decisions by April 15th based upon all of this.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I called and they said that they are done extending out interview invites but my app will still remain on hold. I am assuming that means if anyone drops out of an acceptance or an interview by April 30th, I guess those of us remaining on hold will get it? Don't get me wrong I would rather be on hold than rejected but my gosh how much longer are they going to prolong this - just please accept me already. please.
Can't stress how important this is. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
On the MSAR it states that orientation starts July 19th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Omg, thank you!On the MSAR it states that orientation starts July 19th.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
On the MSAR it states that orientation starts July 19th.
BTW, I just realized that's July 19th 2017, not 2016!
Need to find the 2016 date!! 😵
call and ask them. they are good at answering their phonesBTW, I just realized that's July 19th 2017, not 2016!
Need to find the 2016 date!! 😵
BTW, I just realized that's July 19th 2017, not 2016!
Need to find the 2016 date!! 😵
Oh I didn't realize that. Last year was July 15th and next year is July 19th so it seems that it's always the 3rd Wednesday of July. That would make it July 20th this year if that's true.
In the acceptance packet, I read that orientation begins Wednesday, July 13 this year. Hope that helps!
Thank you that does help!In the acceptance packet, I read that orientation begins Wednesday, July 13 this year. Hope that helps!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
In the acceptance packet, I read that orientation begins Wednesday, July 13 this year. Hope that helps!
That's really early, I wonder if Penn State is the earliest school to start?
Has anyone been rejected post interview from this school? I see the wait list movement on Msar but find it hard to believe that only 25 people were wait listed because no one post interview has been rejected this year.
25 from the waitlist was accepted!
Howard starts early too around that time as wellThat's really early, I wonder if Penn State is the earliest school to start?
Any idea when the next batch of post-interview decisions will come out?
25 from the waitlist was accepted!
I see that but if you look next to it on MSAR it also says about 25 were waitlisted in total and essentially all 25 were accepted. That seems unlikely this year because basically everyone this year was placed on hold post interview if they were not accepted.
I see that but if you look next to it on MSAR it also says about 25 were waitlisted in total and essentially all 25 were accepted. That seems unlikely this year because basically everyone this year was placed on hold post interview if they were not accepted.
Maybe when it says "typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 15-25", the school meant that 15-25 people usually get accepted off the waitlist each year. Because you're right, there's clearly a lot more than 15-25 people on the waitlist.
I just emailed themHey does anyone know how to withdraw from this school?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any idea on how long it takes to hear back (post-interview), after committee meets?
Any idea on how long it takes to hear back (post-interview), after committee meets?
Not sure when the committee meets but I am going on week 9 of waiting...they said 6 to 8 weeks but people have posted that they waited 11 weeks...
I called and they said that they are done extending out interview invites but my app will still remain on hold. I am assuming that means if anyone drops out of an acceptance or an interview by April 30th, I guess those of us remaining on hold will get it? Don't get me wrong I would rather be on hold than rejected but my gosh how much longer are they going to prolong this - just please accept me already. please.
Are you on pre-II hold? Still confused why I still haven't heard either way...
did you try calling and asking admissions?Not sure when the committee meets but I am going on week 9 of waiting...they said 6 to 8 weeks but people have posted that they waited 11 weeks...
Where in the acceptance packet did you read that? Can't find it...In the acceptance packet, I read that orientation begins Wednesday, July 13 this year. Hope that helps!