You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
titsAt our meeting she said around 15-20 people got off the waitlist last year and she expected that number to be smaller this year
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejected pre II.
How long after an acceptance does the letter arrive? I was accepted last Friday and live in Chicago, so I was expecting it would be here by now.Second Look is Friday, April 15th (for now anyway)
And your student ID should be in the letter that they sent you through snail mail with all of your account information (your email address and stuff). It's in the first few lines
A couple weeks, IIRCHow long after an acceptance does the letter arrive? I was accepted last Friday and live in Chicago, so I was expecting it would be here by now.
Do they not invite waitlisted applicants to second look anymore? I never got an emailSecond Look is Friday, April 15th (for now anyway)
And your student ID should be in the letter that they sent you through snail mail with all of your account information (your email address and stuff). It's in the first few lines
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
No one's gotten an email about it yet (at least I haven't). I just got a call from a student I think one day but I missed it and she mentioned Second Look in her voicemail and told me to email admissions if I wanted more info. So I did and they told me the date. They'll probably send an official email in around mid-MarchDo they not invite waitlisted applicants to second look anymore? I never got an email
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Questions for current/admitted students?
What is this "You may choose to (1) use the IRS Data Retrieval Process via www.fafsa.ed.gov or (2) request a Federal tax transcript from the IRS for the 2015 calendar year?" I don't get that? What more do we need to do besides FAFSA, the Student Information Form and have our parent(s) fill out the parent information form?
Also... does anyone know when they usually get back about rewards. I'd love to know before the April 30th deadline.
Thanks
What is this "You may choose to (1) use the IRS Data Retrieval Process via www.fafsa.ed.gov or (2) request a Federal tax transcript from the IRS for the 2015 calendar year?" I don't get that? What more do we need to do besides FAFSA, the Student Information Form and have our parent(s) fill out the parent information form?
Also... does anyone know when they usually get back about rewards. I'd love to know before the April 30th deadline.
Thanks
This is within the FAFSA form I believe. You can have your 2015 tax forms pulled automatically using the IRS data retrieval process if you filed them over 3 weeks ago. Otherwise, you would have to enter your tax information in manually. I have a full-time job, so maybe this isn't necessary for students if you did not make any money in 2015. Also, as far as I am aware, the 3 forms you mentioned above are all that is needed.Questions for current/admitted students?
What is this "You may choose to (1) use the IRS Data Retrieval Process via www.fafsa.ed.gov or (2) request a Federal tax transcript from the IRS for the 2015 calendar year?" I don't get that? What more do we need to do besides FAFSA, the Student Information Form and have our parent(s) fill out the parent information form?
Also... does anyone know when they usually get back about rewards. I'd love to know before the April 30th deadline.
Thanks
I have no info on the rewards/ financial aid notification dates, I'm wondering the same thing too.
A kid in last years discussion said he heard back on March 4th, but also that he submitted in January. I would guess it takes about a month or so after submitting but would also love to hear any current student chime in.
This is within the FAFSA form I believe. You can have your 2015 tax forms pulled automatically using the IRS data retrieval process if you filed them over 3 weeks ago. Otherwise, you would have to enter your tax information in manually. I have a full-time job, so maybe this isn't necessary for students if you did not make any money in 2015. Also, as far as I am aware, the 3 forms you mentioned above are all that is needed.
I have no info on the rewards/ financial aid notification dates, I'm wondering the same thing too.
Answered my own question I guess.
So... the Financial Aid office messaged me back. They don't need the IRS Return Transcript from students, then only needed it from your parent(s) if they filled out the parent information form. They also need your parent(s) W2 faxed or emailed to their office. Blah.
A kid in last years discussion said he heard back on March 4th, but also that he submitted in January. I would guess it takes about a month or so after submitting but would also love to hear any current student chime in.
So much for me finding out this week about Financial Aid. Hopefully we can hear back before 2nd look and April 30th.
.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking forward to seeing you thenIn related news, I just about died a few minutes ago when I got the "You're invited to the Rush Medical College Second Look Day!" because I jumped to conclusions.
Be still, my heart.
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Anyone know how important it is for waitlisted students to attend? It's gonna cost me a lot of money to fly there, and I just want to know if it's worth it.In related news, I just about died a few minutes ago when I got the "You're invited to the Rush Medical College Second Look Day!" because I jumped to conclusions.
Be still, my heart.
Based on the historically low amount accepted from the waitlist, it's probably worth it to go. You should go if you definitely would go to Rush if accepted.Anyone know how important it is for waitlisted students to attend? It's gonna cost me a lot of money to fly there, and I just want to know if it's worth it.
Also, if you go that weekend, see you there

Probably gonna go unless it coincides with a Chicago school I've actually been accepted to... Cya there
Based on the historically low amount accepted from the waitlist, it's probably worth it to go. You should go if you definitely would go to Rush if accepted.
Also, if you go that weekend, see you there![]()
Aye, this is what I was afraid of - I will have to fly in as well, and are we basically to assume that attending the open house will be another "probably will help but who can say for sure" part of the admissions crap shoot? I'm honestly trying to save money for another round of applications as I'm on a bunch of waitlists (including Rush's) at this point and am beginning to prepare for the worst.
Does anyone else have an opinion and/or insight to offer regarding the usefulness of attending open houses when on the wait list at said school?
I feel kind of like an outcast if I go on the waitlist lol, anyone thinking the same
I am on the waitlist, and I will go. I already told them I would attend if accepted, so I'm putting my money (literally) where my mouth is. It couldn't possibly hurt and might possibly help.
Told them through a letter of intent?I am on the waitlist, and I will go. I already told them I would attend if accepted, so I'm putting my money (literally) where my mouth is. It couldn't possibly hurt and might possibly help.
Yes.Told them through a letter of intent?
D
deleted715884
Deleted. Found the answer to my question.
Did anyone who was accepted get invited to the Second Day look cuz i never got an email?
Ya I got an email for the event. But it went to my Promotions Folder (I use gmail) so try checking there or your spam?Did anyone who was accepted get invited to the Second Day look cuz i never got an email?
.
Last edited:
rejected just now, but that's okay i'll be matriculating to a better school anyways
Get over yourself. I'm sure they picked a better applicant anyways. Rush is an awesome school!!!
EDIT: I attend a different medical school but was also accepted to Rush in my cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For finances, is there anything we have to fill out for Rush other than the FAFSA..?
Yup, there were some forms that had instructions to fill out financial aid forms. I don't remember the specifics, but you can check their website or the folder from interview day.
For finances, is there anything we have to fill out for Rush other than the FAFSA..?
Yup, there were some forms that had instructions to fill out financial aid forms. I don't remember the specifics, but you can check their website or the folder from interview day.
Yeah you need to do FAFSA and their Institutional Aid Application online which you can access here: http://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/S...Level2Page/Level_2_Student_Services_Area_Page
You need to privide parent information if you're under 30 and applying for need-based aid.
Emailed this morning to withdraw! Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!
I'm going because I'm local, I don't plan on going to any out of state second looks though.
That said though, if any OOS second lookers want a free place to stay, shoot me a PM!
So.... Financial Aid Packages this week????
Fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed.
So.... Financial Aid Packages this week????
Fingers crossed.
They started going out at least a week ago.
So.... Financial Aid Packages this week????
Fingers crossed.
Yeah, I received mine on March 4th I think. It all depends on when they received all of your information
Yeah, I received mine on March 4th I think. It all depends on when they received all of your information
Did you get an email in your AAMC account or your Rush account?
Did you get an email in your AAMC account or your Rush account?
If you go into your RU connected portal -->Financial Aid --> Accept/Reject, you may be able to see your awards if they've been worked on. Some of mine still say pending, but at least I have an idea.
For those who've gotten their awards, were you happy? was it more or less than you expected? I know its a personal question so no need to share numbers if you don't want but was just wondering how you felt in general. thanks
They'll send an email to your Rush account when the package is ready for reviewDid you get an email in your AAMC account or your Rush account?
For those who've gotten their awards, were you happy? was it more or less than you expected? I know its a personal question so no need to share numbers if you don't want but was just wondering how you felt in general. thanks
Mine is about 90% loans, including an "H Russe alumni loan," which I'm guessing is reduced interest, since it doesn't actually specify.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For second look, will there be m1s or mostly the m4 who matched? I guess what I'm trying to ask is what is the demographic class range of students that will be at the second look day?
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile
They'll send an email to your Rush account when the package is ready for review
If you're a waitlisted applicant, do you have a Rush account yet? I can't remember making one apart from my general applicant portal set up with the secondary invite. I can see where I'd put in my login info from the Rush financial aid website, but I can't seem to remember if I even registered or was invited to register. I completed all financial aid applications for Rush in late February.
Has anyone figured out what people usually wear for second look day? Thanks!
Mmm. I'm not sure. When accepted they send you an email saying that you'll receive all of your information in a letter through snail mail, including your email and student ID. For waitlisted students maybe they do just send the email about financial aid to the address you originally gave them and there may be some other way to view the package. Probably best to just email them and ask what will happenIf you're a waitlisted applicant, do you have a Rush account yet? I can't remember making one apart from my general applicant portal set up with the secondary invite. I can see where I'd put in my login info from the Rush financial aid website, but I can't seem to remember if I even registered or was invited to register. I completed all financial aid applications for Rush in late February.
I think if you're waitlisted you're supposed to fill out the forms, but they will only generate your aid package if you end up getting accepted. They want you to fill out the forms if you're on the waitlist so that if you do get an acceptance, they can generate something for you ASAP.If you're a waitlisted applicant, do you have a Rush account yet? I can't remember making one apart from my general applicant portal set up with the secondary invite. I can see where I'd put in my login info from the Rush financial aid website, but I can't seem to remember if I even registered or was invited to register. I completed all financial aid applications for Rush in late February.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K