2015-2016 Rutgers University - RWJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone comment on how many people have already accepted a seat in the class / how many acceptances have been given out. Is there a live tracker like at other schools?

What is this live tracker you speak of

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Some schools like Michigan tell you how many interviews have been conducted and it is updated often on their website. Something like that.

Anyone know how many people interview at any given day? I know some schools have a small group of interviewees. Just curious how large the interview group is at RWJMS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how many people interview at any given day? I know some schools have a small group of interviewees. Just curious how large the interview group is at RWJMS.
I believe it's 16 or 14 per interview day.

Just sent in my update to RWJMS. Hopefully it'll move my application closer to an interview! Their admissions office is very helpful and willing to provide answers to most of the questions you might have. I sent one of the officers a message this morning and got a response back literally in under 5 min WOW (probably because of the holidays but still lol)! Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back, whether it be an II or offer of acceptance :)

On the interview email they sent they said that there were 3 groups interviewing that day. The MMI is 7 stations, so I would assume max would be 21 people.

Are the MMI stations similar to the scenarios on CASPer? Or do they also ask the usual interview questions like why medicine, etc? Trying to figure out if I can actually prepare for this.

II! OOS applicant, complete 10/7.
Also I shot them an update letter early last week, looks like it made some difference!

Reactions: 1 users
Also I shot them an update letter early last week, looks like it made some difference!
CONGRATS!!! OOS applicant too! Hoping my update that I sent yesterday will make a difference too! Good luck!

Congrats!!!! I was done with my application around the same time... When did you get the invite? Can you also tell me how the "update letter" should look like... Also who do I send it to? Thank you!

Congrats!!!! I was done with my application around the same time... When did you get the invite? Can you also tell me how the "update letter" should look like... Also who do I send it to? Thank you!

I sent one, although it must have been a month and a half between the update and the invite. I basically just listed the new activities I had done and listed some of the programs I would be interested in as well. That's basically it. I have new things to offer, I want to go here please.

CONGRATS!!! OOS applicant too! Hoping my update that I sent yesterday will make a difference too! Good luck!
Can you please tell me how the "update letter" should look like... Also who do I send it to? I am also OOS applicant... Thank you and good luck!!!

I sent one, although it must have been a month and a half between the update and the invite. I basically just listed the new activities I had done and listed some of the programs I would be interested in as well. That's basically it. I have new things to offer, I want to go here please.
Thank you! Btw, did you just send it do the admission office?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone! I have a later interview (March), and am extremely excited!

Does anyone know the dates of acceptance? Or is it rolling admission?

Hello everyone! I have a later interview (March), and am extremely excited!

Does anyone know the dates of acceptance? Or is it rolling admission?

To my knowledge, RWJMS is pseudo-rolling (multiple batches of acceptances until the class is filled).

Has anyone received their acceptance packet in the mail? Also, for those of you accepting your spot, was there anything we were supposed to do about a deposit?

Thanks and belated congratulations to everyone!

For the one free station someone posted about earlier in the MMI, do they just give you 8 minutes to ask ANY questions? Seems very short to get a decent amount of information out, especially if you want to learn more about the school.

Has anyone received their acceptance packet in the mail? Also, for those of you accepting your spot, was there anything we were supposed to do about a deposit?

Thanks and belated congratulations to everyone!
To accept your spot you don't need a deposit, you just need to submit the signed form of the technical standards and the background check :)

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees are accepted? MSAR only has data on those who matriculated, but obviously the number of people accepted has to be higher than that.

Does anyone know what percentage of interviewees are accepted? MSAR only has data on those who matriculated, but obviously the number of people accepted has to be higher than that.
according to US News, last year 263 were accepted and 142 enrolled (only 31 OOS were accepted, only 7 OOS enrolled).

At the interview, are we expected to use up the whole 6 minutes at each station?

Does anyone know if they accept update Letters of Recommendation? I am working in a lab and would like my PI to write me a letter of rec.

Thanks!

Does anyone know whether or not RWJMS is still sending out IIs? Seems like it has been quiet for quite some time now.

Does anyone know whether or not RWJMS is still sending out IIs? Seems like it has been quiet for quite some time now.
Look at previous years' threads, usually they send out until march. Dunno why it would be different this year.

How was the accepted students day for those who went? Hoping to maybe attend here.

Curious to hear about it also. Couldnt make January 6th. Hoping to make it in April.

^ At the interview they told us that RWJMS doesn't have rolling admissions, rather they're sent out in batches. There was one sent out in December and there will be another sent in March.

But they also sent out acceptances for January interviewees starting late January in the previous cycle. Although if they only stopped using rolling admission this cycle, then that wouldn't apply.

But they also sent out acceptances for January interviewees starting late January in the previous cycle. Although if they only stopped using rolling admission this cycle, then that wouldn't apply.
yes, just this cycle. they overaccepted last cycle

well, more like higher than anticipated yield. over enrolled quite a lot

O okay. That doesn't bode well for people this year then I suppose. How many people actually chose to enroll this year that got accepted last year though. What would happen if no one chose to forgo a year. Would they have to force people to enroll the next year?

Last edited:
uh... what?
Lol I should have been clearer. Last year they offered scholarships to ask people to enroll the following year at least from what I read on last years thread. I was just asking what would happen if no one chose to defer enrollment. What would the administration do in that scinario. There would be too many people in the class.

Should we memorize our submitted application responses/AMCAS to prepare for the MMI? Thanks!

O okay. That doesn't bode well for people this year then I suppose. How many people actually chose to enroll this year that got accepted last year though. What would happen if no one chose to forgo a year. Would they have to force people to enroll the next year?

According to MSAR, only 4 instate and 2 out of state students deferred their acceptance to this year, so I really don't think you have much to worry about losing spots to last cycle's applicants.

Should we memorize our submitted application responses/AMCAS to prepare for the MMI? Thanks!
Nah. More useful is to review the AAMC Core Competencies and think of experiences you had where you demonstrated each competency, or situations that caused you to grow in those areas. Then you'll have a nice little arsenal of anecdotes at the ready for the MMI scenarios.

*Edit: If you did Part 2 of the secondary in lieu of/in addition to Casper, then yes--good to review for similar reasons.

Lol I should have been clearer. Last year they offered scholarships to ask people to enroll the following year at least from what I read on last years thread. I was just asking what would happen if no one chose to defer enrollment. What would the administration do in that scinario. There would be too many people in the class.
I mean, that's a question to be asked last year. the issue would be too many ppl in last year's class. they're not gonna make the same mistake this year, so I don't see why you are wondering about this...

Complete in August and still no word at all.. Anyone else in the same boat? Also have many people been rejected yet pre-II?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Complete in August and still no word at all.. Anyone else in the same boat? Also have many people been rejected yet pre-II?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Complete last week of August, haven't heard anything... Not positive if many applicants have been rejected pre II but I would suspect some have.

Complete last week of August, haven't heard anything... Not positive if many applicants have been rejected pre II but I would suspect some have.
still havent heard a thing..... i have also spent pretty much the last 7 years dedicated to school and work at rutgers.....